Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    http://www.euronews.com/news/streaming-live/ livestream of one of the bridges. Some shots are fired still from time to time, you could see bodies on the floor, the protesters are backpedaling for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The U.S. military is made up mostly of rednecks with guns. If you start taking away people's rights in this country, they would be the first to back the people... and not the government.
    In which case you don't need civilian guns to fight the military,

The idea of a successful coup without the support of the military is ridiculous. Civilian arms cannot beat the US army. The only way to overthrow the government in the US without having the support of the army would be for multiple other nations to back up your revolution with military support from overseas.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way the military would start a coup, is if the people's rights were being stomped on by the government.
    And? Tell that to Volkanik not me. He's the one claiming his second amendment will allow him to defeat the US military.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Just one question, where is the pro-Erdogan part of the military? Take this as you want.
    Sure. But there's a curfew in place and people are outside. Government officials are making statements, why aren't they arrested yet if this coup is successful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    It is Byzantium and their original religion was ancient Greek.
    Meh... lets not delude ourselves, people don't want Constantinople back for religious reasons. That's more of a veiled disguise for the real reason people are sore about it: A historically important european city taken over by muslims that we never got back.
    It's like a black stain on european history that most people feel the need to correct.
    It's more of a case of "they took our stuff and we want it back" mentality more than anything else. I'm pretty sure most christians in Europe don't give a damn about the city, and are even more against spilling blood over it... again.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Stratfor/status/754066156080750592

For such a loud mouth, he certainly conceded fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The argument the guy we're quoting is making is that the military couldn't overthrow the government because the people would stand against them with their pea shooters. That kind of renders your point moot.

Besides, if the military stands with you, civilians don't need the guns, and if they stand against you, they'll roll over people regardless of their guns.
    If this is an argument against the right to bear arms, it's not exactly a good one to make. The military (and most law enforcement) are very strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment. It's not about needing guns, it's about wanting them.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    In which case you don't need civilian guns to fight the military,

The idea of a successful coup without the support of the military is ridiculous. Civilian arms cannot beat the US army. The only way to overthrow the government in the US without having the support of the army would be for multiple other nations to back up your revolution with military support from overseas.
    It's not about necessity, it's about what people want. Freedom is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Yup, a bunch of redneck's with guns could definitely overthrow the might of the US military...
    A bunch of rice farmers with a 3rd grade education did and a bunch of goat herders did just recently. The US military would fracture in the event of a second civil war and much of that military might would be aimed back at the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    And? Tell that to Volkanik not me. He's the one claiming his second amendment will allow him to defeat the US military.
    The military and law enforcement agencies are some of the strongest supporters of the 2nd Amendment. They will be right alongside the people. The 2nd Amendment allows him to fight against the government that is trying to take away his freedoms, the military would almost certainly be on his side.

10+ Year Old Account
    The military would be a populist backer, and would be on the same side as the people.
    In which case "the people" wouldn't be trying to stop the military from taking out the government.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

There's a conspiracy theory that Erdogan himself is behind the coup because it would strengthen him or something.

Hitting a tank with sticks ... really? ><

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is an argument against the right to bear arms, it's not exactly a good one to make. The military (and most law enforcement) are very strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment. It's not about needing guns, it's about wanting them.
    I agree it's about wanting them. I'm arguing that the idea that the 2nd amendment is going to protect citizens from the government or the military is nonsense.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather amusing that when america isn't mentioned in a topic, americans are sure to try to inject their country and politics into the said regardless of how unrelated it is, don't forget to complain about it being about the US again later to complete the circle though, lol.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Ya, must be hard to move past all the "ya'lls", "aint's and other broken attempts at the English language you guys are used to. But hey, when you need to remove letters from words just to make it easier, I would expect trying to speak proper English would be quite difficult.
    Hey, we just made the language more efficient. Printer ink is expensive. Think about how much money we save every time 'programme' gets truncated to 'program'.

Speaking of spelling, it's oot and aboot. If you're going to stereotype someone's speaking, at least get it right, eh.
    Typical Ontarian, not knowing there's bits of Canada west of the Great Lakes. I bet you think all Canadians take their milk in bags, too...dontcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    In which case "the people" wouldn't be trying to stop the military from taking out the government.
    They would be alongside the military, fighting against the government. That doesn't mean the people shouldn't also be allowed to be armed, if they so choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about necessity, it's about what people want. Freedom is awesome.
    But once your wanting starts treading over peoples lives, then maybe take a step back and think about it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me sir you're double parked.