Poll: More less or about the same?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    This is the truth, and really needs to be spread. The penalty is the difference, not the system. Players have been able to report en masse for years - has it effectively ruined the game, as some are claiming?

This is literally a less severe penalty for players that are being reported than what currently exists in the game.
    I'm thinking of specific people on my server (which I'm sure we all can). The type that seem to only play the game to antagonize others in public channels. I could see a silence penalty being worse than a ban.

Bans usually have them return irate about how they were wronged and with renewed vitriol. The silence could feel like a slow, agonizing process. Having the ability to still log-in, I highly doubt they have the self-control not to.
    Monk

"Always look ahead and above yourself. Always try to improve upon yourself. Always strive to elevate your craft." -- Jiro Ono

Yes but the problem here is toxicity from a player is subjective...

Obviously when someone writes online "go kill yourself" the person who wrote it most likely doesn't mean for that person to kill themselves...it's a generic insult used in the internet world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think you'll find that the reason for a system like this is because the typical person doesn't much care for trolling or seeing others being trolled.
    You shouldn't speak for the typical player as i completely disagree.

I think people who get sad or annoyed at what some random said to them in a computer game has some serious sensitivity issues.

All my online friends enjoy someone being trolled and they also love trolling people so i don't know where you got that statistic from.

I get the feeling this is just a system that was implemented for the Socially awkward and really sensitive people who think that they are exempt from any form of criticism in the game or any form of trolling in the game.

Stop turning the game into a happy fun go play time. Every game has a community like this. Kids on CS go swearing at you. It's part of the Online community stop trying to change it just because your to sensitive.

It's almost as odd when people get angry at someone uses capital letters in a post? As if it affects them in any way what so ever..

As if the capital letters are genuinely making them angry...

I am a troll
    I enjoy watching people be trolled
    I enjoy good banter in trade chat and good conversations about real life issues
    I enjoy the casual racist bullshit between americans and Australians.

I would say in trade chat that I'd never go to America because i'd probably get shot and then an American would say something along the lines of Steve irwin forgot to wear his sun block to protect him from the harmful rays.

Both statements are talking about tragic incidents but also try to derive humour from them which is fun and important for a community.

If i was to intentionally give the wrong advice to a new player about a class or something in game....i'm trolling them obviously but i don't think that warrants a 24 hour chat ban...that's absurd.

I wish Blizzard had some sort of ignore system where you could right click on a player and press ignore and you wouldn't be able to see anything they wrote at all. Hopefully they add that system in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You should expect a silence; sarcasm is the only thing you gave example of that isn't toxic behavior. Taking shit, telling people to kill themselves is pretty much not acceptable in any social setting; maybe ok in your guild chat, but not here, or any other game. The other thing is just poor taste/bad joke.

Toxicity isn't the standard, even if you are adapted. Other mmo game communities aren't anything like wow that I've been on, it's refreshing and if I didn't have so much time invested in wow, I'd stay elsewhere for that alone. Wow doesn't have to be a cesspool, and a company has the obligation to make sure it isn't. Online games isn't a safe place for toxicity and sorry that triggers you. Your toxicity represents their company poorly to new players and no company wants a reputation for being a haven for assholes who don't know how to show some basic human dignity to each other. At least you'll be silenced, not banned; you won't lose your account over it, you just won't be able to be vile to others in public channels any longer.
    Honestly i don't enjoy a community that is incredibly sensitive to everything. You can't say anything anymore in the world without offending someone. Don't turn MMO's into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
    I'm thinking of specific people on my server (which I'm sure we all can). The type that seem to only play the game to antagonize others in public channels. I could see a silence penalty being worse than a ban.

Bans usually have them return irate about how they were wronged and with renewed vitriol. The silence could feel like a slow, agonizing process. Having the ability to still log-in, I highly doubt they have the self-control not to.
    I am one of those people who purposedly want to "trigger" someone. Usually it's an LFR player who has no gear and absolutely terrible at the game. I like to let people know that i'm better than them at this game and i hardly play it.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2016-07-15 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    You shouldn't speak for the typical player as i completely disagree.

I think people who get sad or annoyed at what some random said to them in a computer game has some serious sensitivity issues.

All my online friends enjoy someone being trolled and they also love trolling people so i don't know where you got that statistic from.

I get the feeling this is just a system that was implemented for the Socially awkward and really sensitive people who think that they are exempt from any form of criticism in the game or any form of trolling in the game.

Stop turning the game into a happy fun go play time. Every game has a community like this. Kids on CS go swearing at you. It's part of the Online community stop trying to change it just because your to sensitive.
    I am not speaking for the typical player it was merely an observation. You are free to disagree however I feel, based on you posts, that you are not representative of the typical player but rather an example of the typical player who will be silenced as a result of this system (which is why you are so against it).

Of course you think that people suffer from over sensitivity if you thought otherwise you'd be forced to confront the prospect that you are the problem. Obviously it is more comforting to live in a world where everyone else is at fault that address your own issues.

You and your friends will be able to troll one and other to your hearts' content you just won't be able to inflict your (racist) banter on others.

The game is a business and these types of communities drive away other players. Like it or not gaming companies are waking up to the fact that these types of communities are costing them money and as result they are starting to take action. This is Blizzard's attempt to subtly steer the community in the direction it wants them to go. At the moment the choice is yours, you can follow their lead and help make the community better for everyone or you can continue with the racist banter and be cut off from the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siren View Post
    You have zero rights for guild spam in trade chat. There are in game tools already for promoting your guild, use them. If your guild is advertising in trade chat it isn't worth joining. People will find the good guilds because they are good guilds, good guilds do not need to spam, they have people banging on their doors trying to get in. If you do not have people knocking on your door, perhaps spend more time making your guild worth joining.

I will be right click/report spam every guild spam I see, just like I always have, and will continue to encourage others to do the same.
    Have you actually seen those tools? They are useless. Completely useless. Trade chat has been a valid method for guild promotion since day 1.

I hope your reports would be classified as invalid reports and I hope there would be penalty for making invalid reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Have you actually seen those tools? They are useless. Completely useless. Trade chat has been a valid method for guild promotion since day 1.

I hope your reports would be classified as invalid reports and I hope there would be penalty for making invalid reports.

From blizz under minor violations:

"Spamming

Using the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish excessively."

This pretty much defines guild recruit spam in trade chat.

My point stands, if you are advertising guild recruitment in trade chat, your guild is crap, you are recruiting crap, and will remain crap. Good guilds don't spam trade, good people go looking for good guilds on their own.

Will it impact what I say in them ?
    No, because I have not said anything likely to result in such action.

Will it impact what we see in chat ?
    I most certainly hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Good gravy, seeing the kind of people who claim they'll use it less now makes me even happier for the silence penalty.

Where is the "it wont impact me" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    During Classic throu WotlK you logged in, wrote in the Tradechat something like, hey guys and you got answers like; hy there, nice to see you and so on.

The first time i logged in to Frostwolf EU i wrote "hi guys" and the first answer was; your Mother. So @ topic; i think the /2 on my server will be very silent end boring ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't partake in trolling or vulgarities but I'm going to miss the creativity of all the anal jokes or the thunderfury spam. It's like the good old days of barrens chat are going to be gone for good.
    WHAT creativity?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Less. Because who knows who will get a bug up their ass if I post an advert for my guild more then once an hour.
    You have to actually post things that would end up getting you silenced. If you are spamming for legit reasons unless you are hitting /trade on chat cd there wont be any issues. Supposedly the reported people will have the stuff they are typing reviewed. So if somebody is just be a whinny child because they don't agree with something so they report it that wont do anything. On a side note what an awful job to have to read all the shitty reported nonsense from /trade.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The obvious solution is to not spam and you won't get silenced. I'm not seeing the problem.
    But but ... when he does it ... it's not spam! You don't understand his military privilege!