Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    How do you get rid of an image that's a complete and utter fabrication that the media is wholeheartedly setting up. If you look at police related death statistics, only about 1000 people a year die because of being shot by police and while black people make up 25% of victims, white people make up 50% of victims. If you compare that to population then black people are over-represented in this, but that would only be relevant if police shootings were a random act of nature and not a consequence of interactions with police officers gone wrong. So looking at arrest rates is a much more representative population than the general population since most people don't have any interactions with police in any given year, and what do you know, 27% of arrests are black people according to the FBI which is high, but also very well correlated to the police shooting rates for black people, as in, police aren't just specifically going around shooting black people.

On top of that, this paranoia being spread about police brutality is a complete misrepresentation of reality. As I said, only about 250 black people are shot by police per year which means that 0.00055% of black people are shot by police each year. This means that the chances of your average black person being shot by police is 1 in 200,000. To put that in perspective, the odds of dying in a tornado in any given year in the USA is 1 in 60,000, so the average black person is 3 times more likely to die by tornado than to die by police shooting.

To top all of that off, only about 10% of those killed by police are unarmed and that does not mean they're not dangerous. Someone beating a police officer or trying to steal an officers weapon is considered to be unarmed, so unarmed or not, you can still be a threat.

The point is, what can they do to rid themselves of this image when the facts are irrelevant to this false narrative of police brutality?

Sources:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43
    http://www.dartmouth.edu/~ears5/hand...ng6_25_99.html
    The regressive left don't care about facts. They throw science out the window faster then the extreme right when it doesn't fit their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    A renegade cop shoots a black man and the police are an authoritarian hate group that aims to commit genocide against the entire black populace. A black man shoots 7 cops and he is just a radical non-representative of the black community.
    Not to mention blacks commit the most violent crime of any race. Every time I watch the news and they show the shooting suspects, 80% of the time it's blacks.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    The one recently of the fella getting killed in the car, even the cop was sweating and crying, he knew he fucked up, poor bastard was twitchy as hell, probably because it was a black man infront of him, and any action he would do anyway was going to be seen as racist. Unfortunetely his worry pushed him over the edge and put him in the worst situation he could think of.
    Well, even the cop "crying" really isn't helping that as a) he didn't turn himself in, and/or b) call 9/11 and try to save that person's life ASAP. Just sent her on her way... (at least from what I remember... please do correct me if I'm wrong).

That's almost as bad as a hit'n run driveaway.

Or maybe the cop was acting twitchy and being emotional because he just had to kill a person even if it was justified.

I swear some of you must think killing someone is like "Meh ok, wheres my hot pocket Im hungry."

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    The regressive left don't care about facts. They throw science out the window faster then the extreme right when it doesn't fit their narrative.
    I still don't get this use of yours using the word "Regressive" when describing left-leaning political people in America. There's nothing "regressing" at all... it's the extreme right who are all about denying science, pushing religion, pushing racial intolerance, pushing gender discrimination and advocating violence to solve all our world neighbor issues. I think that's far more "regressive" than anything proposed by left-leaning America.

Will Barrack Obama and the media finally label the hate group BLM as a domestic terrorist group?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Or maybe the cop was acting twitchy and being emotional because he just had to kill a person even if it was justified.

I swear some of you must think killing someone is like "Meh ok, wheres my hot pocket Im hungry."
    To be fair my response to killing someone in overwatch is to scream BY THE POWER OF CHEETOS and grab a handful. NBD. I'm a hardened killer you might say, yeah. I'm pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    To be fair my response to killing someone in overwatch is to scream BY THE POWER OF CHEETOS and grab a handful. NBD. I'm a hardened killer you might say, yeah. I'm pretty badass.
    You know a lot of people were jumping to conclusions because the officer's mic recorded "fuck fuck fuck!" after the guy was shot.

Well, I hate to break it to some people, but that might be a pretty normal reaction right or wrong if you just had to smoke someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting friggin ridiculous. Room mate just texted me. He's in the Army Reserves and they're down in Eugene at their little building doing their monthly drill. They were just ordered to not go outside in uniform unless they had an armed guard. WTF? Besides the stupid morons who grabbed the wildlife refuge...we don't have to worry about randoms targeting people in uniform...be they blue, green, purple, pink. Time for this shit to stop...just stop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well, even the cop "crying" really isn't helping that as a) he didn't turn himself in, and/or b) call 9/11 and try to save that person's life ASAP. Just sent her on her way... (at least from what I remember... please do correct me if I'm wrong).
    That's almost as bad as a hit'n run driveaway.
    Their records say that CPR was given about 4 mins after shots fired was reported over the radio
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

You know a lot of people were jumping to conclusions because the officer's mic recorded "fuck fuck fuck!" after the guy was shot.

Well, I hate to break it to some people, but that might be a pretty normal reaction right or wrong if you just had to smoke someone.
    I was agreeing with you in joke form Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Elarena View Post
    Will Barrack Obama and the media finally label the hate group BLM as a domestic terrorist group?
    I think Barrack Obama knows who the real domestic terrorists are, namely all those racist white people who are constantly a hairs breadth from forming angry mobs and attacking innocent Muslims and people of color on the street. He will most certainly make calls for calm and reiterate the fact that BLM is a religion of peace.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they?

Did BLM somehow sanction the shootings?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I was agreeing with you in joke form Titan
    I know. I was just further elaborating.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because anyone who does this isn't associated with BLM.

But you know it's okay when they do this shit and the result is what they're calling for.

I know. I was just further elaborating.
    i can't tell anymore, i've stared too long into this forum. It's looking back and the eyes are scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    No because anyone who does this isn't associated with BLM.

But you know it's okay when they do this shit and the result is what they're calling for.
    Edit: Didn't note the sarcasm at first

And somehow the shootings done by a handful of officers means all officers should be shot, but they shouldn't be blamed for the actions of their few.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Just stop.

guns are banned in France.

didn't stop Jihadis from shooting up a theater.

latest one didn't even need a gun even though he had one, he used a truck to run over and kill 84 people. That's more dead than the "mass shootings" in the US.
    The "mass shootings" might not be the biggest contributor to the extreme high number of people killed with guns, though.
    See it as a whole, not isolated incidents. (13,000 in 2015)
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My only issue with BLM is that it doesn't immediately and publicly disavow the actions of those criminals who seek to do violence in the name of the movement. It creates the pervasive feeling that the movement condones and even endorses those actions.
    There are those that would say the same things about the cops that do not speak out against their fellow officers that engage in unjustified shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    There are those that would say the same things about the cops that do not speak out against their fellow officers that engage in unjustified shootings.
    And shouldn't they try to be better than that which they want to protest?