Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Should all caches go mythic in the prepatch?

I was thinking it'd be cool/fun if these last few HFC/Highmaul & BRF caches in the prepatch were automatically upsized to mythic, even if the character hadn't done mythic content or got the required kills for the caches.

maybe a last ditch effort to get some items for leveling for those scrappy alts?...
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I was thinking it'd be cool/fun if these last few HFC/Highmaul & BRF caches in the prepatch were automatically upsized to mythic, even if the character hadn't done mythic content or got the required kills for the caches.

maybe a last ditch effort to get some items for leveling for those scrappy alts?...
    You will get full 700 ilvl from the Demon Invasion. Your own fault if you haven't prepared more for Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    "I never did the content, but I still want the suff"-syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    "I never did the content, but I still want the suff"-syndrome.
    I just thought it might be a nice thing to do for crappy alts that might be leveling up in Legion, /shrug
    Hi

I just thought it might be a nice thing to do for crappy alts that might be leveling up in Legion, /shrug
    Quest greens are all they(you) deserve, really.
    The quest greens are pretty decent anyway.

You'll replace everything rather quick anyways. And as I said, you'll get free full ilvl 700 gear from the Demon Invasion, so gear on alts is no issue at all.

And I believe Beta premade chars had 680 gear when starting, and I had no problems cruising trough the quests with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Nope, not needed.

- - - Updated - - -

You have leveling gear for that ;p

Deleted
    id rather have LFR gear. when legion hits, people will hardly do WoD LFR ever again, and missing tmogs are then more needed than mythic gear what can be farmed later at max Legion level.
    Last edited by mmoce25a800b33; 2016-07-18 at 09:05 AM.

That would be a pretty solid idea. They've had a tendency to make gear really easy to get right before the next expansion, this would serve the same purpose and it's even more needed than ever considering the wonky disparity between a geared mythic HFC character with a max ring and an average returning player. I don't know if it'll still be upwards of 10x the power difference after the pre-patch, but if it is then there definitely needs to be a few really good catchups.

I can't ever remember a time when my leveling was slowed because I wasn't geared enough. I mean, I suppose I could have one-shot some mobs instead of two-shotting them, but it's actually more tedious, imho, when nothing lasts long enough to even get into your rotation.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Not completely terrible, but during the event you'll get pretty good gear as well as the fact that most raid level gear won't last you longer than a few levels before they get replaced. At this point in the xpac it's kind of a "why not" scenario, but they'd have to just upgrade ilvl of non mythic gear. There would be too many salty players wanting the appearance to themselves for having cleared mythic and putting the work in, and they would have every right to be upset about it.

And in a way, they already do this by nerfing all the raids by a significant margin.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It's not necessary, but I do agree that it would be pretty nice to see. But rather than give everyone a free mythic cache, I'd rather they just bump up your cache to the next highest raid difficulty. I.e. if you currently receive an LFR cache, it'd be bumped up to a normal cache, etc. etc. probably a bit too late at this point in the expansion, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, not sure this would be good. If people wish to catch on to the mythic designs, the pre-patch is a good time for them to do so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Highmaul gives 685, BRF gives 700, and thats only once every two weeks. Not sure how this would help at all with leveling, especially with greens being higher ilvl at 100/101 and the launch event raining 700 gear. On top of HFC being nerfed to the ground, making mythic gear easy to get

- - - Updated - - -

edit: accidentally double post

They will most likely update heirlooms at some point for that.

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    id rather have LFR gear. when legion hits, people will hardly do WoD LFR ever again, and missing tmogs are then more needed than mythic gear what can be farmed later at max Legion level.
    The gear from WoD LFR is the first time the LFR gear was completely different from its normal/heroic/mythic versions, so I'm not sure what you think is worth farming from there but most of it is a lookalike to baleful gear. It's all shitty. Cata, MoP and Legion LFRs are much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The gear from WoD LFR is the first time the LFR gear was completely different from its normal/heroic/mythic versions, so I'm not sure what you think is worth farming from there but most of it is a lookalike to baleful gear. It's all shitty. Cata, MoP and Legion LFRs are much better.
    it may look shitty when you look it as set, but some items may work well with other tmogs. like belts, wrist. color options are also big deal... even if shade is little different. As you said yourself, rather farm old LFR-s than again WoD-s. But what to do with mythic gear, there will be old runs anyways, like in WoD there where MoP runs in dungeon finder and these are almost always mythic (because some people need old achis etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You'll get by with what you have already, and replace it in days.
    if its all going to be replaced soon anyway, then why not bring a smidge of join and small character progression during the final weeks of WoD? like what does it hurt?
    Hi