Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Historically, the Turkish Military always stepped in when the country strayed from Attaturk's vision of a modern secular country. I had been expecting them to step in soon, now it seems this has a good chance of having been staged just to prevent a real coup (that is very much needed) from taking place.

He can kiss his dream of joining EU (lol) goodbye. That dude is a moron of first class.
    EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini warned the Turkish government on Monday against taking steps that would damage the constitutional order following a failed weekend coup.
    "We were the first... during that tragic night to say that the legitimate institutions needed to be protected," she told reporters on arrival at an EU foreign ministers meeting, which was also to be attended by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
    "We are the ones saying today rule of law has to be protected in the country," she said in Brussels. "There is no excuse for any steps that takes the country away from that."
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-tur...-idUKKCN0ZY0EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Making accusations without proof is really irresponsible. Either provide proof and evidence or don't say it.
    Did you seriously just post that, after just 1 page back posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's unfortunate but their elected leader deemed it necessary. Extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures.
    In regards to the Edrogan summarily dismissing nearly 3 thousand judciary officials with no hearings or anything even remotely resembling due process?

So when someone says something or does something, they need to provide proof to justify it? Unless you are a pseudo-dictator, in which case, fire away, who cares about due process right?

Are you mental? At least try to be consistant when you make grand, sweeping statements of stupidity. You are giving the rest of us sane people north of the border a bad image.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    So he can kill the 2700 judges involved in the coup. How does anyone believe this wasn't staged by him, just so he could do this?
    Who would stage such a thing? That's preposterous!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Did you seriously just post that, after just 1 page back posting

In regards to the Edrogan summarily dismissing nearly 3 thousand judciary officials with no hearings or anything even remotely resembling due process?

So when someone says something or does something, they need to provide proof to justify it? Unless you are a pseudo-dictator, in which case, fire away, who cares about due process right?

Are you mental? At least try to be consistant when you make grand, sweeping statements of stupidity. You are giving the rest of us sane people north of the border a bad image.
    Go see his other posts about other topics and you will get the big picture

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36824045

Looks like not even the police are safe from Sultan Erdogan's purging.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36824045

Looks like not even the police are safe from Sultan Erdogan's purging.
    There seems to be a pogrom of all kind of governmental employees going on.

The question is this: Is it true when some countries claim that there was already a list in place of people to be purged?

If you think about it, he is doing it WAAAAAY too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Treating them like livestock. Erdogan gives no fucks. The man is fucking mental. Anti-Erdogan Turks in my country are also being harrassed by the pro-Erdogan side since the coup. Absolute lunatics.

Deleted
    Erdogan is going to have a war on his hands if he continues like this.
    Fake Coops, taking out all the people that oppose him.
    Holy shit. Dictator 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Erdogan is going to have a war on his hands if he continues like this.
    Fake Coops, taking out all the people that oppose him.
    Holy shit. Dictator 2.0
    And seeing as a lot of politicians waited until after the coup to take a side, I'd wager that some of them would've wanted Erdogan to fall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    And seeing as a lot of politicians waited until after the coup to take a side, I'd wager that some of them would've wanted Erdogan to fall.
    Hes not going to fall now, he just made a power play that people are actually falling for.
    With the EU being a bureaucratic nightmare its going to take them 20 years to respond which will mean he has his little dictatorship build up and ready.
    Wonder if he is going for a modern looking castle/fort to hide out in when the rest of the world comes hunting for him in a while..
    I would go for a cool castle type building, baddass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Until better evidence comes out, I just can't join the conspiracy train.

Erdogan wasn't shot down because you tend not to kill leaders in coups, leaders are arrested. Otherwise your coop begins to look like a dictatorship.

Erdogan already has a history of being tough on coup plotters/people associated with coups in the past/etc. There is precedence of his reset arrests, perhaps not on the same scale but there also hasn't been a coup in awhile.

Coups in Turkey are a national sport and Erdogan is the best defensive player in the game. He has gotten good at sniffing out and suppressing coups, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have some inclination about one about to go down with a possible list of conspirators on his desk.

Seeing that the US has a base in Turkey and exploits thats base to conduct operations in the ME, as well as remain a thorn up Russia's butt, I would bet the CIA also knew about rumors of a coup. Its true that the US probably doesn't care what happens to Turkey as long as Turkey cooperates with the US but now isn't the time for instability in Turkey for the US in the midst of air campaign against ISIS. It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA didn't slip Erdogan a list of names.

Many civilians did not recognize the coup. You can't have a coup without recognition, well unless you want to go the dictatorship route (and possible civil war). Thats why the coup was so shitty. A fake coup still should have saw more civilian support if the people supported such actions.

Like Brexit, I think outsiders are projecting their own limited prospective on the situation without seeing from the eyes of the people actually within the country. Like Erdogan or not, they simply didn't want to go back to coups running the country.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    So he can kill the 2700 judges involved in the coup. How does anyone believe this wasn't staged by him, just so he could do this?
    There are a number of possibilities:
    He already had the list as waiting for an opportunity. So, he is a creepy opportunistic dictator.
    It is a complete false flag operation. So, he is a creepy cunning dictator.
    They actually were slightly involved - but some of them snitched on the coup-attempt (there is no way that almost 3000 are in on a coup without anyone talking about it), so they made sure the attempt would fail - while still looking sort of genuine. So, he is a creepy cunning and opportunistic cunning dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Until better evidence comes out, I just can't join the conspiracy train.

Erdogan wasn't shot down because you tend not to kill leaders in coups, leaders are arrested. Otherwise your coop begins to look like a dictatorship.

Erdogan already has a history of being tough on coup plotters/people associated with coups in the past/etc. There is precedence of his reset arrests, perhaps not on the same scale but there also hasn't been a coup in awhile.

Coups in Turkey are a national sport and Erdogan is the best defensive player in the game. He has gotten good at sniffing out and suppressing coups, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have some inclination about one about to go down with a possible list of conspirators on his desk.

Seeing that the US has a base in Turkey and exploits thats base to conduct operations in the ME, as well as remain a thorn up Russia's butt, I would bet the CIA also knew about rumors of a coup. Its true that the US probably doesn't care what happens to Turkey as long as Turkey cooperates with the US but now isn't the time for instability in Turkey for the US in the midst of air campaign against ISIS. It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA didn't slip Erdogan a list of names.

Many civilians did not recognize the coup. You can't have a coup without recognition, well unless you want to go the dictatorship route (and possible civil war). Thats why the coup was so shitty. A fake coup still should have saw more civilian support if the people supported such actions.

Like Brexit, I think outsiders are projecting their own limited prospective on the situation without seeing from the eyes of the people actually within the country. Like Erdogan or not, they simply didn't want to go back to coups running the country.
    So when Gulen says he wasn't part of the coup and won't oppose extradition, you know, the guy erdogan blames the coup on, does the change your view at all?

It seems like half a thread ago when the Coup was still in progress alot of people in here were saying that Turkey needed to stand behind its democratically elected leader, and that these army guys were trying to destroy democracy in turkey. You had people in Turkey standing behind their democratically elected president.

And there were people like me who said, this is prolly a staged coup for him to gain more power and get rid of his enemies. Everyone said we were making up shit.

Now look at the guy. Hes doing shit way to fast. Calling out Gulen almost immediately without any hint of an investigation? Firing judges in the courts over 3000? Arresting military leaders.

This guy is getting everything he wants. It wont be long b4 he abolishes all elections and starts trying to take over surrounding territories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So when Gulen says he wasn't part of the coup and won't oppose extradition, you know, the guy erdogan blames the coup on, does the change your view at all?
    Gulen wouldn't oppose extradition because he knows that he wouldn't have a choice in the matter. His words, not mine. I think you're confusing my skepticism as taking sides. Gulen seems like an okay guy on paper, but I don't know his history. I know theres quite a few people who don't like Erdogan but it also looks like a lot of people (in Turkey) detest coups.

I just not seeing the evidence of it being a false flag operation.

Gulen wouldn't oppose extradition because he knows that he wouldn't have a choice in the matter. His words, not mine. I think you're confusing my skepticism as taking sides. Gulen seems like an okay guy on paper, but I don't know his history. I know theres quite a few people who don't like Erdogan but it also looks like a lot of people (in Turkey) detest coups.

I just not seeing the evidence of it being a false flag operation.
    I think the evidence is how inept it was, and the purge that's happening now. Nothing conclusive, so it's pretty pointless to speculate. Saying you don't see evidence for it, while claiming that the US could have given erdogan a "list of names" seems fairly disingenuous though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    It seems like half a thread ago when the Coup was still in progress alot of people in here were saying that Turkey needed to stand behind its democratically elected leader, and that these army guys were trying to destroy democracy in turkey. You had people in Turkey standing behind their democratically elected president.

And there were people like me who said, this is prolly a staged coup for him to gain more power and get rid of his enemies. Everyone said we were making up shit.

Now look at the guy. Hes doing shit way to fast. Calling out Gulen almost immediately without any hint of an investigation? Firing judges in the courts over 3000? Arresting military leaders.

This guy is getting everything he wants. It wont be long b4 he abolishes all elections and starts trying to take over surrounding territories.
    He's been throwing shade at Gulen since 2013 because he thought there was going to be a coup back then, of course he is going to suspect Gulen now. Erdogan might be a paranoid dick but its not like he has broken character or anything. Why would he opt for a fake coup instead of just weeding out people like he's done in the past if he would've ended up doing the same thing anyway?

Seems like enough people from 3 years ago were the ones that staged the shitty coup, Erdogan gets extremely paranoid and deletes everything. No fake fake,at least not yet.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-07-18 at 01:13 PM. Reason: i couldnt type to save my life

He's being throwing shade at Gulen since 2013 because he thought there was going to be a coup back then, of course he is going to suspect Gulen now. Erdogan might be a paranoid dick but its not like he has broken character or anything. Why would he opt for a fake coup instead of just weeding out people like he's done in the past if he would've ended up doing the same thing anyway?

Seems like enough people from 3 years ago were the ones that staged the shitty coup, Erdogan gets extremely paranoid and deletes everything. No fake fake,at least not yet.
    Well, because he can accomplish it faster and the judges he just purged were preventing him from taking many unconstitutional actions he wanted to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There seems to be a pogrom of all kind of governmental employees going on.

The question is this: Is it true when some countries claim that there was already a list in place of people to be purged?

If you think about it, he is doing it WAAAAAY too fast.
    He's a Republican?...

SMALL GOVERNMENT! FREEDOM! WOOHOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.