Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another class that uses ranged weapons like Hunters.

Shadow Hunters in Warcraft 3 throw some sort of glaives, are an Agility hero, and have both shadow and healing magic. Now, I know the Healing Wave, Serpent Ward and Hex spell is already on the Shaman, but there was a fake leak about the next expansion being about the Troll Empires, with Shadow Hunter coming as a new hero class. That all was a while before the Legion reveal.

From wowwiki: Their spirit powers both heal and curse, walking the line of dark and light
    The traditional shadow hunter weapon is a fel glaive, a long double sword (with a blade set on either end of the handle) which looks a bit different from a moon glaive

Now, Shadow Hunters could be altered slightly to use ranged weapons - as I said, the auto attack in WC3 is similiar to a glaive - and have two ranged specs and one healing spec. One spec is focused on ranged combat with mostly physical and some magical abilites. Then there would be a caster with Voodoo magic (most prominent elements being nature and shadow, maybe also water and fire), and also a healing spec. Not going into detail now, but I really liked those ideas about the Shadow Hunters, although it was fake.

Shadow Hunters are exclusively Trolls in Warcraft 3. But, as we know, the Pandaren teached almost every race how to be a Monk. So if there's still a neutral Troll tribe out there, it could also teach the Alliance how to be a Shadow Hunter. Legion-related spoiler And if Vol'jin fakes his death in order to be 'free' to reunite the Troll tribes, which I really hope for, that would be a great opportunity to introduce that class.

In World of Warcraft, there are a few NPCs named Shadow Hunter, but none of them are actually remarkable. Edit: well, except for Vol'jin of course.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Tinker is what people will hope for.

Personally I'm hoping for some kind of true support class, low damage, low healing, but can throw some awesome buffs out during combat, the usual increase dmg, hp, etc, but with some complicated ones which requires certain things to happen before being able to activate
    the problem with this would be they would need to be able to buff dps or healers enough to warrant them taking up either slot.

My top 3 most wanted classes for WoW in no particular order:

1. Bard
    2. Necromancer
    3. Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Most of the gameplay from classes like Necromancer, Tinker, Blademaster, etc are already covered by other specs, classes, and professions.

Want to play a Tinker? Roll a Hunter, be an Engineer, and tame mechanical pets while using a gun. It's not the same, but the theme is still there nonetheless. What meaningful role or diverging gameplay would a Tinker bring us? Turrets? They pretty much got rid of Shaman totems because they don't want that style of gameplay. Guns? We already have a class that can use guns. Gadgets are literally covered by an entire profession, we wouldn't be gaining anything new from a Tinker class.

Want a Necromancer? Affliction has the DoTs, Demonology has the mass pet summons, and Unholy has the shadow/death abilities along with pet summons. What other meaningful gameplay can we get from a Necromancer that isn't already in game? People are already complaining that Demonology Warlock in Legion is just standing there buffing pets, which is one of the aspects of a Necromancer. We already have two "shadow" themed DoT classes, so how much more compelling could that style of play be made to justify another similar class?

Want a Blademaster? Arms Warrior does pretty much the same thing.

Disclaimer: The above isn't meant to be taken as {This class} = {This class}.

Dragonsworn is a really cool idea, I saw it mentioned, and it is something that could defintiely be iterated on and expanded to make sense lorewise.

TBH I'd want to see sub-races before we get another class, but that's just my preference.
    No I don't want to play a Tinker, I want to drive a goddamn MECH like Gelbin at the Broken Shores or like the various Goblin Shredders or the various Fel battle suits that have shown up amongst the Legion, which have been in game for years.

Tinker seems to be a decent way to have that happen though.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Bard or tinkerer sounds interesting.. Think of how Gazlowe plays in heroes of the storm.. something along that playstyle would be rather interesting. There is a class in guildwars 2 that plays well like that.

Shadow Hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    If were talking things that exist in lore Tinkers and Shadow Hunters are possibilities.

Tinkers would be Gnome and Goblin only and Shadow Hunters would be Troll and Night Elf.
    Tazdingo!
    /10

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Game needs another mail armor wearing class.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post
    They had plans to add Demon Hunter, Death Knight and Nercomancers for the original wow launch. The only class left out of those would be necromancer, but DK already fits that spot.
    I doubt there will be more classes, could happen, but I doubt it.
    Wish people would stop spouting this. DK Fills the necro boots about as well as a warlock fits a hunters shoes or a monk is the same as a rogue. Just because they might share similar aspects doesn't mean there is not room for both. A melee class with an undead pet is not a necromancer.
    If they were going to add 3 melee classes to the game in a row, it would have been FAR better for them to have actually made the DK a necromancer instead, a ranged necromancer. That would have made far more sense then what they have currently done.

I'll probably quit the game if they add a stupid tinker class before a necromancer.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-07-18 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Well - we got 2 "hero" classes with DK and DH, which both are melee. Wtb some ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    only 2 classes left to add IMO:

Tinker: ranged phsical dps, tank and heals, regular class

Dragonsworn: hero class, tons of customization, super fertile ground for potential abilities based on the dragon aspects, i could easily think of a spec for every role (go ahead try me!)

other than that, most other classes would really just be 4th spec worthy imo.

Could think of 4th specs for all classes if blizz wanted to go there.

One last class i could think of would be a commander, 'pet' class that rather than having minions you command soldiers and stuff, though that could perhaps be a better forth spec for warriors.

If i had to pick one, it would be tinker, hands down, by far the most fertile ground to produce a new class, it writes itself, has potential for every role in the game, (melee, ranged physical, ranged magic, tank, heals).

- - - Updated - - -

necro is covered by warlocks and death knights, besides we dont need yet another dark magic user edgy class in the game, we got death knights, shadow priests, warlocks, sub rogues, demon hunters, hunters with dark ranger talents (stretching for that one, sure), necromancer wouldnt add much to the game, probably better to just bake it in to warlocks, give them a skeleton summon and call affliction necromancy and call it a day
    Warlocks are casters while Demon Hunters are melee fighters, both using demonic powers, yet still so different. Death Knights are melee fighters so a caster version could work.

Deleted
    Sub classes and Sub Races?

I mean we're sorta running out of ideas, since we even have Ilidan with a redemption arc and the army of light crap

Deleted
    would be fun if they implemented some holy ranged damage class what maybe uses sometimes shadow magic and balances between light and darkness... uhh i have funny name for it... could be called SHADOWPRIEST! but it could be separate class with 3 specs, then priest can be pure healer without hybid tax.
    (on serious note they could fix smtn they have, next class is probably still some melee-rogue-derivate, what uses leather).

Deleted
    a class with a ranged dps spec.

But hard to say what, most space lies in thinker. Other options will most likely be in other classes space even though their might still be areas they dont fill like a summoner in mage space. I think their is still enough room to not be mechanically too similar to warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Warlocks are casters while Demon Hunters are melee fighters, both using demonic powers, yet still so different. Death Knights are melee fighters so a caster version could work.
    demon hunters only had enough oomph to make 2 specs, most classes have enough fantasy behind them for 4 specs, necromancer isnt prestigious enough to be worthy of a hero class, they are basically death knight lite, sure they could work, but its a 1 spec class imo unless they cannibalize unholy and warlocks. the thematics overlap between affliction, unholy and whatever a necromancer would be is far too much, affliction basically already has the dots based gameplay down, and death knight has the summon hordes of undead thematic down, that doesnt leave much for even the most obvious necromancer base spec, which is a dot based skeleton summoner.

I just think that they would be better served reworking affliction into a necromancer spec as its basically got the exact gameplay one would expect, it just needs skeleton summons and a rotational summon perhaps (maybe as a talent) or heck it could be a sub spec of affliction picked through talents the way they tried making dark ranger a sub spec of marksman. Not perfect but they kind of shat on the possibility of necromancer a long time ago.

we thematically have 9 and 2 half (sub and 'dark ranger' marksman) shadow/unholy/demonic specs in the game as it is, we have so damn much edgy shit that blizz split unholy magic into 3 distinct schools, shadow, fel and undeath, we have no tech based specs, no real earth magic based specs, sweet fuck all archer specs (less than the weapon types to use it!), honestly? there are so many better options than necromancer, and its not that i dont think necromancer fantasy is fulfilled well enough, or that i dont think they fit in wows lore, or that i dont like them, i dont think they are represented correctly, they absolutely fit in wows lore and i would like to play one, its just that the game REALLY doesnt need it.

Personally i have always thought affliction warlocks were rather bland thematic wise (gameplay thematics are strong however), so i personally wouldnt care if the demonic side of it was removed (demons for aff are glorified dots) and it was instead turned into a necromancy spec, the first orc warlocks practiced necromancy, nazrethim practice it, its a short step from fel magic.
    Alternatively perhaps go all out on an unholy DK necromancer subspec where a talent turns the DK more into a lich that has longer range but less armor or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    a class with a ranged dps spec.

But hard to say what, most space lies in thinker. Other options will most likely be in other classes space even though their might still be areas they dont fill like a summoner in mage space. I think their is still enough room to not be mechanically too similar to warlock.
    we have 2 'archer' specs in the game, yet 18 different flavors of melee, im sure that blizz could get creative with some new archer class. Tinker is a really solid option as it could easily have a ranged dps 'archer' spec that is distinct from hunter, another option i thought of was dragonsworn, could also have a ranged dps 'archer' spec completely distinct from hunter if they wanted to do that.

Deleted
    I feel like the next logical step for them would be adding fourth specs to the older classes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Shadow Hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Tazdingo!
    /10
    I love shadow hunters lore wise, but i really dont even know what the fuck they even do to be quite frank, they use voodoo, which has kind of been rolled into shamanism, and even then voodoo isnt really explicitly described in one form or another.

No such think as night elf shadow hunters, though they have 'priestess of the moon' and i was just thinking of combining the class but splitting the name by faction the way horde has bloodlust and allies have 'heroism', so they have the same skillset but different interpretations, but the fantasies of both classes are completely disconnected.

I feel like cross speccing would be the only way we could feasibly see faithful shadow hunters, as combinations of shamans and hunters, though i dont even think thats realistic...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    people asking for necromancer forgetting unholy dks are basicaly necromancers with 2-hand swords.

But at the same time, demonology warlocks were basicaly demon hunters until now so I can easily see Blizz pull a necromancer from their asses.

The classes I would like to see would be tinker, a pure bard/suport class,

Quote Originally Posted by iebe View Post
    I feel like the next logical step for them would be adding fourth specs to the older classes.
    I kind of like this idea

Priest can have inquisitor holy dps spec
    warlock get ... pet tanking spec?
    mage can get archmage (uses all 3 schools of magic)

rogue get ranged archer spec
    monk get weaponmaster spec (same theme, only they actually use their staves
    druid already has 4
    demon hunter are special snowflakes, they stick to 2

hunter can get pet tanking spec
    shaman finally get their earthwarden dirt based tank spec

warrior and paladin both get sword and board spec, alternatively warrior could get pet based commander spec (summon faction based soldiers) and pally could get shockadin spec (though really, thats like half a subspec)

Death knight can have... i dont know, they are hero class, they can stick with 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Perhaps a dragonsworn class that takes on the aspect of the different dragonflights.
    That would be great! Actually Aspects could be specs. For example you get Ysera aspect/spec and you become healer, then you get malygos aspect and play caster dps.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Im confused isnt a necromancer a warlock?