7+ Year Old Account
    At least EU knows the exact time the servrs are gonna be down (3-9AM CEST)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Most likely when servers come back, pre-patch will be up.
    not just likely 99.99999999999999999999999% chance
    The only thing that stops the patch being live when servers come back up is a catastrophic deployment failure that has never happened in WoW before.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    not just likely 99.99999999999999999999999% chance
    The only thing that stops the patch being live when servers come back up is a catastrophic deployment failure that has never happened in WoW before.
    A lot of things related to Legion have never happened before (Alpha -> Beta, not announced at Blizzcon, almost 1 year player testing etc.)

Interesting that EU has the schedule up before US. 6 hours for EU, wonder how many for US. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    A lot of things related to Legion have never happened before (Alpha -> Beta, not announced at Blizzcon, almost 1 year player testing etc.)
    That doesn't mean that the patch won't be "released" after the maintenance. That's what the maintenance is for.

Are you seriously equating marketing choices to the complete implosion of the server patching process?
    really?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The number of nodes is fairly low outside Suramar. But due to personal node phasing, there will be no competition over them (except skinning). Any price increase will be due to inherent player lazines and people not wanting to farm nodes rather than node unavailability.

Players who are only considering gathering profs to get BoS shouldnt bother imo. They seem to be pretty common drops in WQ and 5mans. You wont be hard pressed with dual crafting profs.
    There is no personal node phasing. Just to a very small extent. If a player is a whee bit faster than you and gathers the node first, it won't disappear, true. But it only opens a window of about 60 seconds until the node disappears. So zones can still be overfarmed, it'll be only less frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Interesting that EU has the schedule up before US. 6 hours for EU, wonder how many for US. :P
    They reserve more time just in case, most of the time realms are back up quite a bit before the official ETA. It helps that EU is a day after US, so if you get any bumps/problems, the EU *might* avoid them.

Au rebours with the actual xpacks ofc ;P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    For some reason, I'd think that EU CMs found latest maintenance post and copypasted the time. Not like it would matter for me, I decided that it'll be better for me if I spend the day outside (good that forecast promises summer-ish weather) instead of hypnotizing realm status page and giving a hell to F5 button.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    They reserve more time just in case, most of the time realms are back up quite a bit before the official ETA. It helps that EU is a day after US, so if you get any bumps/problems, the EU *might* avoid them.
    There were some cases when US maintenance was finished faster, only to see EU have it extended by 5 hours because of ongoing troubles. But I believe there were opposite situations as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    3am to 9am instead of 3am to 11am, not a big deal, I'll be sleeping

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    3am to 9am instead of 3am to 11am, not a big deal, I'll be sleeping
    This is actually a bit of a problem for me, I usually wake up at 1-2PM, BUT I do the Operation Shieldwall and Argent Tourney quests on one of my characterc right after the 3am reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a bit of a problem for me, I usually wake up at 1-2PM, BUT I do the Operation Shieldwall and Argent Tourney quests on one of my characterc right after the 3am reset.
    This will change anyway, reset will occur at 7am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Au contraire, Medivh got resurrected. Death is only for "mere" mortals with no power or no knowledge in "how to play with Death and Life "
    It actually goes beyond that. The Chronicle even tells us exactly what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You dont even need to explore for them. You get the ! on the map if your in the zone.
    That's not necessarily true. I found several quests with no markers on my map....just wandered around and found them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess the world server doesn't feel like staying up today
    It always seems to be happening around the daily reset. I guess the world quests refreshing for everyone overloads the system somehow or something like that. Its been happening pretty frequently in beta. The servers were fine before the reset.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really going to miss the occasional reappearance of the Eye of Azshara login screen, the chances to use it are rapidly narrowing and then it won't pop up again for like two years.
    It was like our own personal rickroll :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm really going to miss the occasional reappearance of the Eye of Azshara login screen, the chances to use it are rapidly narrowing and then it won't pop up again for like two years.
    It was like our own personal rickroll :'(
    Oh I'm sure it'll appear during the PTR of every patch.