Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Is there a place where actual Holy discussion is going on and one could pick up some information? Seems this thread is more about Resto Druid and Shaman.
    This is MMO-Champion. If you want to hear how effective Paladins are, you need to look at the other healing classes' forums. Over there, I'm sure they're all bitching and wailing about how OP Paladins are.

Of course here, you will only find bitching and wailing that we're not clear and above the most essential healer you can bring to a raid. That somehow makes us worthy of nothing more than deletion. Apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a place where actual Holy discussion is going on and one could pick up some information? Seems this thread is more about Resto Druid and Shaman.
    I'll be happy to answer any questions. Also, the cross-healer discord is quite a good resource for healer discussion (it's 1000% better then MMOC).

Here is an invite link: https://discord.gg/Mt6DyyG
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with paladins, blizzard has really nailed it every expansion with how boring this spec is to play

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    i clearly understand the point of view from aladya and some other top 10 world race players to switch maybe from paladein to a "better" healer. and i dont mean HPS wise. raid CDs kills bosses. i know that. and a paladin clearly lack those. stack healing classes isn't new to progression. but most ppl reading this forum will think, that paladin is not even viable in any case. i am a world 600 sort-of raider and i think, paladin will be good in there.
    but at the top spots? i think there will be alot of shamans. and alot of classes aladya is switching to.
    Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a place where actual Holy discussion is going on and one could pick up some information?
    The information you need is that you have to switch to Resto Druid and Shaman if you want a raid spot in Legion
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    The information you need is that you have to switch to Resto Druid and Shaman if you want a raid spot in Legion
    It's the Oprah Winfrey school of healing group composition: You get a druid! And you get a druid! Everyone gets a druid!

The whooshing noise from all the rejuvs going off will be deafening, like a jet engine of healing being blasted at everyone.

It will be glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    It's the Oprah Winfrey school of healing group composition: You get a druid! And you get a druid! Everyone gets a druid!

The whooshing noise from all the rejuvs going off will be deafening, like a jet engine of healing being blasted at everyone.

It will be glorious.
    I don't want a druid, does this make me some kind of twisted deviant? Maybe I should be on Jerry Springer instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post

It will be glorious.
    Druids don't even spam Rejuv. -_-;
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    Druids don't even spam Rejuv. -_-;
    Buzzkill man, buzzkill.

I'm kidding of course, just injecting some levity.

So how close has blizzard come to achieving the class fantasy of a melee battle healer with Holy Paladins in legion?

Paladin was my main in WoD but the changes to Ret and Prot sent me running to greener pastures. However id like an alt healer, and the Holy Paladin class fantasy is very intriguing.

So are holy Paladins running into battle, using melee strikes in between casting powerful healing spells?

Or did blizzard fail and reduce Paladins to standing back with the other healers playing whack a mole on Grid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    So how close has blizzard come to achieving the class fantasy of a melee battle healer with Holy Paladins in legion?

Paladin was my main in WoD but the changes to Ret and Prot sent me running to greener pastures. However id like an alt healer, and the Holy Paladin class fantasy is very intriguing.

So are holy Paladins running into battle, using melee strikes in between casting powerful healing spells?

Or did blizzard fail and reduce Paladins to standing back with the other healers playing whack a mole on Grid?
    Battle healer is a thing of the past. That was shot down quite awhile back in the alpha/beta phase.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Battle healer is a thing of the past. That was shot down quite awhile back in the alpha/beta phase.
    Totally lame. Then what's the point of having a giant awesome looking 2h hammer?

Deleted
    Holy palas in wc3 had 2handed maces. No real offensive abilities.

Does anyone have a Weak Auras string I could copy for Holy Pally? Just the usual 'all the spell icons in a line that grey out when the spell is on CD and can be made to play sounds on/off CD" would be appreciated. I'm terrible at making my own but I really do rely on them lol.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oly-Paladin-WA

Seems decent enough (haven't logged into look at it, I'm going off the info in the post), if you're like me you can tweak it

Deleted
    Hi guys. Haven't been keeping up with healing during beta and I was wondering if there's a good blogpost or topic (here or elsewhere) about overall healing, classes compared to each other and what can we expect? I mean this thread is kind of a good banter but would love to hear a well thought-out opinion on the matter (I think Hamlet had a healer blog but can't find it now). How predictable are these things anyway? Like I remember WoD beta ending, it was also resto druid that look really good but didn't quite turn out that way. Sorry for the offtopic (well, the thread derailed a long ago though :d)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    This is MMO-Champion. If you want to hear how effective Paladins are, you need to look at the other healing classes' forums. Over there, I'm sure they're all bitching and wailing about how OP Paladins are.

Of course here, you will only find bitching and wailing that we're not clear and above the most essential healer you can bring to a raid. That somehow makes us worthy of nothing more than deletion. Apparently.
    This is spot on.

I am switching from DPS to healer for Legion and I am trying to find out which spec I want to play. Since I've rolled Shadow Priest for so long, I start looking at Holy & Disc. Those folks tell you that Resto Druid is the best. So you go check them out and those peeps are saying Holy Pally is the best. I come here and the Holy Pally peeps are saying Resto Shaman is the way to go. I haven't checked them out yet, but I assume those peeps are going to say Mistweaver is the way to go. Then when you check out Mistweaver, they'll tell you Holy or Disc Priest is the shizz.

I assume it is safe to say that since I am going to be running LFR, Normal and maybe Heroic one day that is likely doesn't matter which spec I go with. Is that a safe assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This is spot on.

I am switching from DPS to healer for Legion and I am trying to find out which spec I want to play. Since I've rolled Shadow Priest for so long, I start looking at Holy & Disc. Those folks tell you that Resto Druid is the best. So you go check them out and those peeps are saying Holy Pally is the best. I come here and the Holy Pally peeps are saying Resto Shaman is the way to go. I haven't checked them out yet, but I assume those peeps are going to say Mistweaver is the way to go. Then when you check out Mistweaver, they'll tell you Holy or Disc Priest is the shizz.

I assume it is safe to say that since I am going to be running LFR, Normal and maybe Heroic one day that is likely doesn't matter which spec I go with. Is that a safe assumption?
    Yes, pick whatever healer spec you think you will enjoy playing. They're all competitive at this level.

10+ Year Old Account
    on the bright side you get to ignore mechanics like mistweaver :^)

yeah couse blizz made like no changes to it just dumped it instantly it was just talk 2 hype the paladin artifact.....