Respec's Are Still Going To Cost Gold !

Just spotted this on the pre-expansion patch notes :

•Characters can now change between any of their specializations at most any time for a progressive gold cost. Action bar configurations are saved for each specialization. As a result, Dual Specialization has been removed.

So I asked, & not got a welcome reply it seems :/

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/...06591767232512

Kinda obviously that we don't have in prepatch a Legion inscription recipe to craft tomes for respec, both for group and personal use. So, for people to be able to change specs without wasting time on porting/travelling to tavern, some sort of temporary replacement - gold - will be used.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Kinda obviously that we don't have in prepatch a Legion inscription recipe to craft tomes for respec, both for group and personal use. So, for people to be able to change specs without wasting time on porting/travelling to tavern, some sort of temporary replacement - gold - will be used.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6264?page=4#72

Is the blue post I was referring to, notice this part:

"We've definitely heard much feedback to this effect, and this is something we'd been discussing quite a bit internally as well over the past couple of weeks. In an upcoming build (hopefully the next one; if not, then the one after), the respec cost is gone, and players can freely switch between all specializations with the normal restrictions of cast-time, needing to be out of combat, and so forth."

This was said back in May.

Deleted
    Might be an erroneous patch notes because i dont remember paying for respec in the beta for a long time now. Also inscription tome are for changing talents not spec

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=227561

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=227562

Spec swaps don't cost anything but you'll need these for talents.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-18 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On PTR you could swap in a rest area free of charge - no reason to believe outdated notes trump PTR behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The title of this thread is pretty misleading since it's referencing a blue post from May.

AFAIK, respec'ing will still require you to be in town or to use the inscription items.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The title of this thread is pretty misleading since it's referencing a blue post from May.

AFAIK, respec'ing will still require you to be in town or to use the inscription items.
    Am more concerned with my Twitter reply, just hoping it's a CS guy that not been kept as up to date tbh.

Wasn't changing specs (not talents but specs) free everywhere?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Wasn't changing specs (not talents but specs) free everywhere?
    nope.
    its free only in cities.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    nope.
    its free only in cities.
    I am 90% sure this is false from PTR. I was outside Throne of Thunder on my warrior earlier on during the PTR's lifecycle and swapped between Fury and Prot to look at spells, and I didn't get charged any gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I am 90% sure this is false from PTR. I was outside Throne of Thunder on my warrior earlier on during the PTR's lifecycle and swapped between Fury and Prot to look at spells, and I didn't get charged any gold.
    ?
    i couldnt swap specs anywhere except cities o.o
    i guess they changed it?
    cant even look up now because i uninstalled the ptr.

Formerly known as Arafal

parts of the patch notes are out of date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenions View Post
    Just spotted this on the pre-expansion patch notes :

•Characters can now change between any of their specializations at most any time for a progressive gold cost. Action bar configurations are saved for each specialization. As a result, Dual Specialization has been removed.

So I asked, & not got a welcome reply it seems :/

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/...06591767232512
    Oh my God/Satan/Space Monster! Lets cry some more over pointless stuff!!!

Everyone needs to make sure they're being REALLY CLEAR about whether they're talking about changing your active spec (e.g. from arcane to fire) or whether they're talking about changing talents. People are clearly misinterpreting each other in this thread!

Changing your TALENTS, not SPECIALIZATION, is doable for FREE in REST AREAS. You can use a crafted tome to change outside of rest areas (consume 1, free talent swapping outside of combat for 1 minute).

Changing your SPECIALIZATION, aka changing from Fire to Frost on a mage, has NO COST and can be done ANYWHERE.

Hope that clears some things up.

Added bonus: When you change specs, your equipped artifact automatically changes.
    Last edited by Kurve1776; 2016-07-18 at 09:48 PM.

Looks like they updated the notes now, wrong answer from CS it seems :P

This topic can be locked/closed it needed.