Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If I buy Tomes of Clear Mind RIGHT NOW

Will they all carry into the Pre-Expansion Patch tomorrow?!

I'd rather buy a million of them right now than rely on other players, I need to know this please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post

I'd rather buy a million of them right now than rely on other players, I need to know this please!
    NO, they wont, you'll have wasted all your money.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

go ahead if you want a grey unsuable item.

Tom of the Clear mind is becoming obsolete come legion.

there will be a new Inscription based item to use instead.

Vendors will no longer sell them.

TLDR: No.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

They are all useless tomorrow. Only the ones made by scribes will do anything.

No. They will not.

Your current tomes will turn into this:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=79249/fel-charred-tome

THanks for the informations! I'm pretty sure if 2 of my talents are wrong, I'll just live with it instead of paying some stranger 4000g to fix 'em.

Deleted
    THanks for the informations! I'm pretty sure if 2 of my talents are wrong, I'll just live with it instead of paying some stranger 4000g to fix 'em.
    All your Talents will be reset.

You can just go to an inn/city to change them freely.

Deleted
    You only need the tomes to change while outside of a rested area. If you're in your garrison/stormshield/capitals/an inn, you will be able to change talents for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need to distrust other people so much.

Blizzard, thankfully, granted scribes a more common income as well. But for you, you can always respecc for free in resting areas and on the field, a tome from a scribe can help you respecc. And considering that there is a lot of scribes on many servers, I doubt they would be that expensive either.

No, you shouldn't stockpile Tome of Clear Mind, unless you want a lot of grey items in the future.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If prices for player-crafted items become too high, you'll do what everyone else does, roll profession alts and craft the stuff yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    If prices for player-crafted items become too high, you'll do what everyone else does, roll profession alts and craft the stuff yourself.
    Shouldn't reach 'high'. I mean, 4 Warbinder's Inks, not really a lot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if you queue for LFD/LFR you can change your talents for free without having to use a tome or be in an inn, so you can switch from your soloing talents to your dungeon-aoe-spam without having to worry about bringing a tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Also if you queue for LFD/LFR you can change your talents for free without having to use a tome or be in an inn, so you can switch from your soloing talents to your dungeon-aoe-spam without having to worry about bringing a tome.
    Only for the fist minute after zoning in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Well, a minute is a good time to change talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Well, yeah.

More than that would kind of defeat the purpose of why they restricted free-changing in the first place.

This change is pretty annoying. Blizzard is effectively making changing talents more limiting by forcing us to buy crafted items in order to do it outside of cities, though we could do it before with super cheap stuff we could buy in stacks of 200 from vendors placed all around the game world. They only did it because they needed to give inscription something that they could make that players actually need more than one time in their life. It's like our characters are becoming weaker, just for the purpose of introducing new gimmicks, which seems to be a theme this upcoming xpac.

I just find it weak that their reasoning (whether they call it that or not) for limiting talent changing is just to have an easy way out of 'fixing' inscription.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Just for the record, here's what they'll be once the patch goes live:

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=79249/fel-charred-tome

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    This change is pretty annoying. Blizzard is effectively making changing talents more limiting by forcing us to buy crafted items in order to do it outside of cities, though we could do it before with super cheap stuff we could buy in stacks of 200 from vendors placed all around the game world. They only did it because they needed to give inscription something that they could make that players actually need more than one time in their life. It's like our characters are becoming weaker, just for the purpose of introducing new gimmicks, which seems to be a theme this upcoming xpac.

I just find it weak that their reasoning (whether they call it that or not) for limiting talent changing is just to have an easy way out of 'fixing' inscription.
    WoW is still a mmoRPG. Being able to get everything by yourself kills rpg part of that. Go play a singleplayer game if you so desire. And if you have a good raid, you'll most likely get them for free from one of your members because they are cheap as hell and you only need them outside of rested areas...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post

I don't think they ever said that was their reason. Putting it on Inscription rather than a vendor is nice to give Inscription a purpose, but it's not the reason they are making talents require a pricier tome.

The real reason is that with them mixing up the talent trees and trying to have more of a mix of functions within the same tiers, they want choosing which talents you want in each tier to be a bit more of a commitment than it is/was with free-changing. When you get to the point where it's optimal & free to kill a trash pack with AOE talents, swap to run speed talents to run from the pack to the next boss, swap to single target talents for the boss, then swap back to run speed to get to the next trash then go back to AOE talents for that trash... well it's starting to get a bit silly.

Putting a cost & time penalty on switching your talents makes it less optimal to go switching them so regularly and means most people will be more likely to pick something which is the best in general rather than changing for every single task. For those who do really really want to min/max, the option is there, but you have to put extra effort/cost towards it, which is probably the way it should be.

It's one of those changes which is not going to be very popular, because it deliberately makes something in the game more inconvenient... but sometimes when designing a game making something inconvenient is necessary to make the game play like it should.