Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not coming back until Legacy Servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    That's nice. Nobody cares. This is a thread for people who are coming back.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Unsure if I'm coming back yet, it will definitely be after the launch though. First week to month of a new expansion is something that sounds unbearably trying right now and there's nothing in Legion that overcomes that - in fact, there seems to be a whole bunch of the "keep playing forever to keep up" grinds that just feel awful to me these days.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I reactivated my account last night. Haven't done much yet. I was told that the gold from Cataclysm raids will get nerfed, so I went ahead and did those one last time. Otherwise, I'll just be dicking around until Legion hits. A lot of my friends from my old guild are talking about trying to fire up a raiding guild in Legion, so I'm trying to help organize that as people come back online too.

Anyone else not coming back
    This one, right here, and no, it's not because I'm holding out for nostalgia...er legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    My intention is no pre-order, no buy at launch, wait a few months and see reviews about non-raid endgame content sustainability, if the non-raid-endgame doesn't suck then wait till flight is unlockable and by then the price will hopefully be lower and there will be a content patch or two already under its belt.

It seems like a winning strat to me. Wait it out, buy it cheaper, tons of content, feature I like (flight) actually earnable rather than "at some point in the future", faster artifact knowledge gains, and ultimately not feeling like I got taken by a snake oil salesman the way WoD made me feel.
    This is logical and reasonable. Shame it has to be this way though in regards to the new WoW. Years ago I would have been hyped out of my mind for a new xpac. Now I'm like a cautiously skeptical battered ex-girlfriend afraid to get burned again. Rip Blizzard gold standard of excellence.

the fucked part is that they are removing several feats with the patch, including the gold generating abilities from garrisons, meaning after you mess about with classes

THERE IS EVEN LESS TO DO IN WOD
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    This is logical and reasonable. Shame it has to be this way though in regards to the new WoW. Years ago I would have been hyped out of my mind for a new xpac. Now I'm like a cautiously skeptical battered ex-girlfriend afraid to get burned again. Rip Blizzard gold standard of excellence.
    I agree it is a shame. Having beta access, I see a great deal I like about Legion. I just can't take that at face value because everything is new and shiny at the beginning and it takes time to see the cracks in the facade (if any). waiting out the first 1 to 3 months should be enough time to see what people have to say about endgame content sustainability outside of raids. And hopefully by that point flight will at least have a definitive release date set.

Been back about a week or two. After today, I'm pretty certain that my experience with Legion will be as short lived as it was in WoD, if not moreso. Level up, see the story, horse around in dungeons, then just move on.

Deleted
    Will prob re-sub after getting bored a couple of monthsor so ago. Decided there was nothing to do until prepatch so why not save £20 and buy some gold when I resub.

I might go back when Flight appears in current content, but it is pretty unlikely since I have been gone so long I have just kind of broken the habit. (Particularly since it will probably be a year or more before it returns.)

Your medal ceremony begins on Saturday.

Seriously though, if you're unsubbed you might as well stay that way until the pre launch event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Never left, don't intend to. I'm there for all the Invasion rewards, and will be there for release. But I love this game!

I wont be on until the collectors edition arrives in the post.

You get a free month with the expansion right?

i'll wait till invasion begins. i'll be playing beta till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I do still love the lore. Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK were excellent examples of what a top end MMORPG should be.

I just need the love put back into WoW. No monetized expansions, no cashshops, no pay-to-level, pay-for-gold, pay-for-coolstuff, pay-for-anything. Just a nice online RPG that exists because people like to play it, be competitive, and earn everything they possess.

There is obviously a market for people who like the goodies given to them, so retail will never go away. Legacy should exist also for those who would rather play a true RPG, which happens to be MMO. I'd separate the 2 terms these days since folks identify MMORPG with pay-to-win and cashshops nowadays.
    Old School runescape my dude. Ya need to try it, scratches that nostalgia itch nice and good and then you can enjoy current stuff in wow.

I would have paid for this month of the pre-patch but I am broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    Been subbed the whole time, not planning to stop now, as the patch is almost here, cant wait to clean up my bags, decide on the specs of my characters and eventually demon invasions :O
    Right there with you! Just wanna say once more to anyone whom it may concern, DON'T start selling/deleting items before you've made SURE that they've been added to the wardrobe! Some people are experiencing items not being added even after a few minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The pre-patch looks like there's some interesting stuff to do but if you're like me and not really that invested in the game right now, do you want to "prepare" for Legion?
    Well I'm going to spend the next month on some leisurely transmog farming. I never got into it at all before, since it just seemed like a good way to make myself sad about lack of bank space. Now it isn't.