Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Models you feel blizzard need to update

so , blizzard updates certain models often, creatures, places, architecture.

e.g. Zandalari trolls - originally used the Jungle troll model, but now have their own

Suramar - night elf city in Broken isles, shows an upgraded version of darnassus, altho technically, it's not new, but old as that's how night leves use to build when they combined both the magic of the well with the druidic magic of the ancients.

Every expansion we see something new, even legion has new night elf wood buildings. So going back into the world what models do you think need to change?

1. Kirin'Var in netherstorm, uses stormwind human buildings - but it w as designed before Dalaran was in the following expansion - it's ruins should look more like a ruined Dalran type of thing than human buildings - I hope they change that.

2. Half-elves - currently they use blood elf models, but they should be a unique model neither blood elf nor human
    3. Half-orcs - currently use orc models they should also be a different model
    4. Mok'nathal - use orc models again, they should also be different
    5. Female Broken - currently use Draenei female models, need to fix
    6. Female Ogres?

7. Lordaeron ruins use the old human stormwind model, should use a ruined version of forsaken buildings
    8. Night elf worgen - look identical to h uman worgen, they would look different no?
    9. Taunka females, currently use tauren female faces , should be different.
    10. Gnomeragan should have lots of gnome hoes in it, like houses all over.

EDIT - Addition

11. Silvermoon remodel too to look like more this: http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Chroni...l%27Thalas.jpg
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-07-19 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    First thing I can imagine is night elf male model. They are so badly designed...They used to be one of my favorite race in the Warcraft but since new models came out they look very eww.

dreadsteed
    Be feared, or be fuel

15+ Year Old Account
    Worgen. /10char

- Rexxar! He is such an iconic character and yet he was not updated for WoD. I don't think he needs a major overhaul but his model needs some love.

- Zombies, abominations, gargoyles and practically all the scourge could use some updated textures, although idk if they are going to do that to preserve that WC3 nostalgia.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Racial mounts and lore-heavy characters, especially ones who have had a lot of story before WoW

Deleted
    Male Night Elves.

Deleted
    Death Knight's ghouls, gargoyles, and abominations.

Seriously hunters get new tameable beasts every expansion, warlocks got all theirs upgraded this time around, and we're still stuck with WotLK, or worse, vanilla models.
    What is a ghoul supposed to look like anyway? Ever looked at one closely? They look like 80's troll dolls dipped in acid and given meth.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Death Knight's ghouls, gargoyles, and abominations.

Seriously hunters get new tameable beasts every expansion, warlocks got all theirs upgraded this time around, and we're still stuck with WotLK, or worse, vanilla models.
    What is a ghoul supposed to look like anyway? Ever looked at one closely? They look like 80's troll dolls dipped in acid and given meth.
    Myeah this is true. Then again new hunter pets will always be added because they are needed to populate the new zones. Warlock pets getting updated in demon-heavy expansions is only natural. But they should definitely take a look at those.

All old cloth could use someone upscaling them while making sure they don't pixelize (there are vector based scaling systems).
    Just look what a mess the different texture resolutions are:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    The Worgen and Goblins, mobs in WoD have better rigging/poly counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trees.

Think of the trees!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    All old cloth could use someone upscaling them while making sure they don't pixelize (there are vector based scaling systems).
    Just look what a mess the different texture resolutions are:
    Then use newer gear. Old gear isn't worth updating.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Worgen is the only correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    New gear doesn't look the way I like (style). But technically old gear is too low res. So your advice doesn't help.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I disagree. Especially when Blizzard encourages players to go out to old raids and dungeons to collect transmogrification gear, pets and now enchantment illusions. Plus a lot of players have a certain attachment to those old items. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it should be a priority by any means but it certainly wouldn't be a waste of time.

Death Knights, even more so now that DH have all their options
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Take a break with model updates, and fix Silvermoon. Thanks.

I think goblins and worgen are next. However, and I know everybody hates garrisons, I think it could be possible that the next iteration of it, after order halls, would be capital cities. Gnomes and trolls oficially reclaim their capital cities. Worgen and Goblins get theirs somehow, new ones or old ones. And each race unites under their capital city, reinforcing race fantasy, giving it the opportunity to update them and giving us players the joy and nostalgia of being in those places again, which are supposed to be so important. We could be the right hands of the racial leaders ( I know that a lot of people don't like the importance given to the player, but it's logical given that that's the direction they took).

Deleted
    vanilla/tbc trees.