Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Yeah but you can now trade your personal loot within the raid correct?

Sounds like a good change to me.
    Yep you can trade PL items.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can't wait for the threads where people complain that "Someone got a downgrade via PL, but didn't give it to me!!"...
    Have they changed how dungeon loot can be disenchanted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    You can trade items you won for 2 hours with other party members afaik.
    Aww, I haven't played for one year and a half, but didn't they introduce a system at one point where everything you need at in group loot gets automatically bound to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Aww, I haven't played for one year and a half, but didn't they introduce a system at one point where everything you need at in group loot gets automatically bound to you?
    They did back in cata for BoE's because people was rolling on all BoE's to sell them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo for older content you should still be able to master loot to reserve 1 item if it drops, because everyone joining got a benefit and the master looter is the one to put more effort in it since he is actually making the group and make sure all works.

But maybe the number of players not saying that X item is reserved was too high, who knows, this is very bad practice. If too many people were doing this i'm ok with the removal of this for ever since it'll teach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Imo for older content you should still be able to master loot to reserve 1 item if it drops, because everyone joining got a benefit and the master looter is the one to put more effort in it since he is actually making the group and make sure all works.

But maybe the number of players not saying that X item is reserved was too high, who knows, this is very bad practice. If too many people were doing this i'm ok with the removal of this for ever since it'll teach them.
    Dam near every single group in LFG was ML with something reserved.

Want to reserve items take guildies. On top of that there was a lot of ninja of items. That older content can be soloed so go do that or accept others may want to roll on those items as well.

This is only a net postive for pugs and if it stays it will be enough for me to go back to using LFG again.

Deleted
    What stops people form joining the guild masters guild for the duration of the run?

This is part of the problem, but honestly seeing guild groups up in the group finder reserving gear still makes me salty. I appreciate the intent, and I like that pugs in general can't master loot any more, but once a group starts pugging people, it should be a pug group. The guild group classification is too liberal for this setting.

Deleted
    No more "all xyz class items reserved" runs ? I take it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    No more "all xyz class items reserved" runs ? I take it
    i barly ever saw those kind of pugs, and usaly they wouldnt fill up.

Well, there goes my pugging anything but a guild group fill. I flat out can't STAND Personal loot and never join a pug using it. Might as well just delete group finder from my game blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, there goes my pugging anything but a guild group fill. I flat out can't STAND Personal loot and never join a pug using it. Might as well just delete group finder from my game blizz.
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Why's that?
    I just can't stand being at the whim of a personal loot roll, I've never gotten an upgrade on PL EVER. I'd rather lose a roll on ML than get nothing on PL. I've never once seen a ninja group and I did pugs almost exclusively through HM and BRF and some into HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    What stops people form joining the guild masters guild for the duration of the run?
    LFG is crossrealm, guilds are bound to one realm. also, guild reputation gets erased if you join another so people wouldn't be willing to change
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just can't stand being at the whim of a personal loot roll, I've never gotten an upgrade on PL EVER. I'd rather lose a roll on ML than get nothing on PL. I've never once seen a ninja group and I did pugs almost exclusively through HM and BRF and some into HFC.
    Huh... Most people I know prefer Personal loot since it means they're either lucky and get something, or they don't. No more being at the whim of other players, when other players can grief and ninja shit without actually intending to use it.

In my experience, I get upgrades just as often with personal loot as with other kinds of loot systems, if not more thanks to not having to factor in what other players do.

You can still expect item reserved groups, they fill a purpose of finding specific items for specific raiders. In a guild environment, they may stack a certain armor type and share duplicate personal loot items. <3 Ploot

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a terrible idea. Wanna know why? Because the people who lead the competent pugs won't do so without the ability to reserve a piece of gear. So, enjoy your shitshow pugs now. This will be fixed by 7.1 when all of the pug groups are failing on the first bosses.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Maybe that demanding they join your guild so you can put master loot in gives away that you are trying to cheat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    This is a terrible idea. Wanna know why? Because the people who lead the competent pugs won't do so without the ability to reserve a piece of gear. So, enjoy your shitshow pugs now. This will be fixed by 7.1 when all of the pug groups are failing on the first bosses.
    If that was true they would rather implement a reserve item feature so you can't hide it and you will automatically get it should it drop.

This will hopefully put a stop to most of these "XY reserved" groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Since you now can trade personal loot that is lower iLevel than what you already have equipped... it is likely more beneficial to stay personal loot.
    The biggest issue with that is tier bosses. With any loot but personal you will always get tier, but with personal it is very possible that nobody does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    The end of the ninja run for one item by saying it's now reserved after using everyone's time to get there.
    It isn't even close to ningaing if they tell people as they join an item is reserved.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-07-20 at 02:32 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."