Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Kirin Tor ring - 250k. Worth it?

I'm tempted to buy it since its so good, but MAN 250K is a lot of gold considering the garrison free gold generator is officially gone.

I actually think i'm going to skip buying this even though it will be BIS for the first tier of raids until everyone starts getting phat loots.

Totally worth it, got nothing better to do with the gold anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you will have 500 rings like that soon after you hit 110.

Only if you like shit money then it's fine and extra hearthstone is useful.

No.
    /10chars

Apparently, a lower ilvl crafted ring is better than the 850 expensive ring because crafted rings have sockets and thus you can add more useful stats. Also a few people have said that they never really used the teleport feature since you already get a Dalaran hearthstone. However, the benefit I'm looking at is the temporary boost to item level. It will get you slightly higher rewards from world quests since they are based on item level break points. Also it will get you into heroics earlier for the same reason. So there is a very small benefit for a few days after launch, that's it. I'm conflicted myself.... I'm a min/maxer who wants an advantage at the start, but really.... 250k and it will be obsolete in about 3-4 days? If it was still 865, mayyyyybeeeeee.... but 850 I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Menards View Post
    Apparently, a lower ilvl crafted ring is better than the 850 expensive ring because crafted rings have sockets and thus you can add more useful stats. Also a few people have said that they never really used the teleport feature since you already get a Dalaran hearthstone. However, the benefit I'm looking at is the temporary boost to item level. It will get you slightly higher rewards from world quests since they are based on item level break points. Also it will get you into heroics earlier for the same reason. So there is a very small benefit for a few days after launch, that's it. I'm conflicted myself.... I'm a min/maxer who wants an advantage at the start, but really.... 250k and it will be obsolete in about 3-4 days? If it was still 865, mayyyyybeeeeee.... but 850 I doubt it.
    will not be obselete in 3-4 since raids will take some weeks to open and the only chance to get a 860 item is in world bosses at launch. You will want to use obliteorum to increse ilvl on crafts in better slots first anyway

Deleted
    If you need the stats so bad that you're willing to blow a quarter of a million on a ring for it's stats alone, then you better be raiding real hard. If, however, you can do with a lesser ring as far as stats go, then any teleport to Dalaran it has sure as hell ain't worth 250000g.

Better rings drop in mythic dungeons which you can easily clear 24-48 hours after launch.
    So yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Better rings drop in mythic dungeons which you can easily clear 24-48 hours after launch.
    So yeah.
    This basically. You can literally get ring as good in a matter of days, sooner if you are lucky or JC. If you are trying hard to prepare for raids - chances are you will have equal ring or maybe even better before raids even open.

I'm going to buy it as soon as I get to Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This basically. You can literally get ring as good in a matter of days, sooner if you are lucky or JC. If you are trying hard to prepare for raids - chances are you will have equal ring or maybe even better before raids even open.
    No basically. item lvl will be limited to 850 before raids open(except world bosses).

Anyone got a link to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Anyone got a link to them?
    Theres only one: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13959...-the-kirin-tor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    No basically. item lvl will be limited to 850 before raids open(except world bosses).
    I am in Beta and ilvl 850 is not SUCH a big deal as you think - Mythic +0 gives you ilvl 840 baseline and you have upgrades going in right and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    That's what he (and me) said. Chances of getting an upgrade over kirin tor ring are pretty high within days from launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am in Beta and ilvl 850 is not SUCH a big deal as you think - Mythic +0 gives you ilvl 840 baseline and you have upgrades going in right and left.
    Item lvl cannot be upgraded more then 850 before raids,so if you want to max your equip,you will buy that ring. Thats what i meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    That's what he (and me) said. Chances of getting an upgrade over kirin tor ring are pretty high within days from launch.
    Originally Posted by Watcher
    Once Mythic+ dungeons and the Nightmare Raid are accessible, that value will be 895 (and that's the value to which the cap is currently set in beta). But for the first couple of weeks after launch, we're planning on having a lower cap in the 850s, since there is nothing available above that base item level
    Source

Not sure why why you're quoting blues, since it doesn't change the fact that better rings are available hours after dinging 110.

I mean for those guys who made millions in garrisons, sure I guess it's worth that much. I have about 500k and I'm not dropping half of that on an extra hearthstone. I just don't think that will save me that much time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy the ring and then propose to Jaina Proudmoore and give it to her :-)
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396