Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Idiot bait thread is full of idiots. How shocking.

How surprising, a thread full of apologists and cultural relativists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Agreed, and that is how I see it and know them too.

Harm? Not sure. I just think it might distract from the real issue, the extremism and radicalization, the desire of some individuals to flip out and cause massacres and senseless violence. I would like to focus more on that because I think the 'solution' lies there, but I'm fine with people investigating the 'islamic' side of it too.

To me "islam" is just an excuse, a smoke screen they use to hide their violence and extremism behind. But I could be wrong.
    What you decide to completely ignore which means you will never solve anything is that these actions from specifically muslim extremists have a much higher prevalence than any other group. There's a problem when you have a religion where the "rule books" glorify thieving, murdering and raping infidels (almost all of these shits are Sunni muslims, just see how they are treating shia muslims).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-20 at 06:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    There's a problem when you have a religion where the "rule books" glorify thieving, murdering and raping infidels (almost all of these shits are Sunni muslims, just see how they are treating shia muslims).
    Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And those people are the crazies I was referring to.

I certainly don't think that all Muslims should die or be kicked out or whatever. And I, unlike a lot of people on here, dealt with them for 7.5 months in Iraq on a daily basis. The people (most of em anyways) were excellent people who loved their country and simply wanted to care for their families.

What harm does it do to call it Islamic extremism VS just extremism though?

If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you. But there is a very identifiable pattern that is revealing itself.
    And now imagine that instead of being a straight soldier you were a gay. A large majority of people in these places would want you executed just for this fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Citation needed.
    Read the hadiths and the quran, maybe you will learn something. These things have been linked so many times it's amazing naive people like this still exist. I do not have time to link sources now and I don't really give a shit if you believe it or not.

Deleted
    Read the hadiths and the quran, maybe you will learn something. These things have been linked so many times it's amazing naive people like this still exist. I do not have time to link sources now and I don't really give a shit if you believe it or not.
    So yer basically mashing buttons on a keyboard, in your factual lack of caring for making a proven point?

10+ Year Old Account
    And now imagine that instead of being a straight soldier you were a gay. A large majority of people in these places would want you executed just for this fact.
    In Islamic Afghanistan, yep. In Islamic Jordan, nope. Indicating once again that this doesn't depend on religion nearly as much as on people practicing it.

Remember, the majority of Christians hundreds years ago wanted infidels executed as well (and did so; crusades and inquisition, for example). Same religion is dominating in the Western world today, and yet how much the attitude changed! Middle Eastern societies, in general, are just stuck in the past; Islam in itself is not the cause of this conservatism - although the number of theocracies there might be its side effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    In Islamic Afghanistan, yep. In Islamic Jordan, nope. Indicating once again that this doesn't depend on religion nearly as much as on people practicing it.

Remember, the majority of Christians hundreds years ago wanted infidels executed as well (and did so; crusades and inquisition, for example). Same religion is dominating in the Western world today, and yet how much the attitude changed! Middle Eastern societies, in general, are just stuck in the past; Islam in itself is not the cause of this conservatism - although the number of theocracies there might be its side effect.
    Jordans view is worse than many of the others. "Only in three countries do as many as one-in-ten Muslims say that homosexuality is morally acceptable: Uganda (12%), Mozambique (11%) and Bangladesh (10%)." Pew research center.

You're right, christianity did change, because we forced it to. But when we make the same demands of Islam, we're instead left with leftist cultural relativists who are stupid enough to think that some cultures are not more socially advanced than others "just diverse".
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-07-20 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Prosecutor: the dress code was NOT the reason of the stabbing by my client.
    Judge: OK, so, why did he stab them then?
    Prosecutor: errrmmm.........
    Even better is witnesses have said that was why more to the effect that he made it clear during the attack yet the apologists keep claiming "The man hasn't said why he did it so it wasn't that!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    So yer basically mashing buttons on a keyboard, in your factual lack of caring for making a proven point?
    No you're being purposefully obtuse and using a citation needed when you know damn well it was accurate. Move along. World doesn't need apologists here. You're pretty much as bad as German citizens during WWII.

Lets hope he gets shanked so hard in prison his intestines fall out, then he gets raped after that so they need to stich his asshole, then raped again. Justice had been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I'm surprised a female had the gall to Suppress someone's religion like that. Racist bitch
    Every trigger possible in a single sentence (Or two, I suppose).

Bravo
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No you're being purposefully obtuse and using a citation needed when you know damn well it was accurate. Move along. World doesn't need apologists here. You're pretty much as bad as German citizens during WWII.
    Projections, projections, projections. The resort of thoose without arguments and facts ; Thinly veiled personal attacks. Or in your case - Painfully obvious ones.

But it's alright, you have proven yourself a clear shitposter.

Fight fight fight!

Mainstream ideology in, say, UAE or Qatar is completely different from that in Iran or Syria. You don't see any terrorists from UAE, Qatar or Kuwait blowing themselves up; it is almost always people from very specific countries, or people from other countries sympathizing with them.
    Seems you are very disconnected from the reality of middle east here.
    UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi all are implementing very extreme religious doctrines compared to Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Iran.
    Actually the first bunch of countries have a much richer history in terrorism and supplying terrorist groups. As a matter of fact most terrorists are either from SA or sympathising with their ideology or just being paid by them. In the other hand, there is one or two acts of terrorism which are being related to Iran, Lebanon, Iraq or Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    They are all from a minority that is discriminated against and that have zero chances in the french republic even though they are french. May be it is discrimination and feeling secluded that allowed for them to easily be tempted by those murderers in isis. may be, I am no expert, but this is what I think.
    BS im so tired of hearing this argument they arent discriminated against. most fuck up their own future by giving up on school then some with criminal acts and the when they dont find well paying jobs they go "racism"
    <<insert funny stuff here>>

This is not unique to Islam radicalization. There are communist, anarchist, Black Power, feminist, etc etc etc "books" and "discussion groups" that rationalize and legitimize all those things too against the right targets. Even the Bible has those passages (and radicalized christians will often refer to them).

The issue is radicalization, not islam.
    And Islam has a much higher rate of radicalization. In any case they are very different, you don't see any from the extreme parts of these groups running around killing hundreds of people on a regular basis. The next time a bunch of radical feminists start slaughtering hundreds of men you can tell me the issue is only radicalization.g

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordans view is worse than many of the others. "Only in three countries do as many as one-in-ten Muslims say that homosexuality is morally acceptable: Uganda (12%), Mozambique (11%) and Bangladesh (10%)." Pew research center.

You're right, christianity did change, because we forced it to. But when we make the same demands of Islam, we're instead left with leftist cultural relativists who are stupid enough to think that some cultures are not more socially advanced than others "just diverse".
    Morally acceptable, yes. But they won't want to kill you for it, and it is actually not outlawed there, unlike most other Muslim countries.

Of course some cultures are more socially advanced, I don't think anyone debates that. Doesn't make them objectively "better" though. Cultural relativism simply states that, it doesn't say that all cultures are absolutely equal in everything. Of course living in North Korean culture tends to make people much more miserable than, say, in French culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Seems you are very disconnected from the reality of middle east here.
    UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi all are implementing very extreme religious doctrines compared to Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Iran.
    Actually the first bunch of countries have a much richer history in terrorism and supplying terrorist groups. As a matter of fact most terrorists are either from SA or sympathising with their ideology or just being paid by them. In the other hand, there is one or two acts of terrorism which are being related to Iran, Lebanon, Iraq or Syria.
    Their religious doctrines (those of UAE or Qatar, at any rate) are pretty extreme, but they do not promote external violence. They do not say, "All our problems are because of the evil West, so let's go and punish them for that".
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    That is why we don't let angst and anger or emotion be judges of these things. I can understand the grief and anger of victims, or those related to them, and I can also understand the fear of others, but people must stay rational and not give in to their emotions.
    You mean how emotions prevailed and we let hordes of undocumented people into the heart of Europe? Even when some of the european terrorists were confirmed to have gotten here with the refugees, you people still had ways to trivilize our victims.

When we called for rational thinking you guys called us racists and whatnot, and now you dare to talk about fear? You hypocrites are disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    You mean how emotions prevailed and we let hordes of undocumented people into the heart of Europe? Even when some of the european terrorists were confirmed to have gotten here with the refugees, you people still had ways to trivilize our victims.

When we called for rational thinking you guys called us racists and whatnot, and now you dare to talk about fear? You hypocrites are disgusting.
    It is not rational thinking to say, "Some refugees are terrorists, so we shouldn't accept any of them". It is narrowminded thinking of people who let emotions get the best of them, ignoring common sense.

Their religious doctrines (those of UAE or Qatar, at any rate) are pretty extreme, but they do not promote external violence. They do not say, "All our problems are because of the evil West, so let's go and punish them for that".
    Not officially, but their practices does that exactly. People blowing themselves up are either from rebellious side of Syrian conflict ( a minority of them) or from ISIS, both of which being supported by gulf nations either directly ( Syria) or indirectly and by proxy (ISIS). Also ideologically they fall under the gulf nations narrative of Islam.

But, again, these qualities, first, are not inherent to religion, and second, not exclusive to religion. Without any religion, cunning leaders can indoctrinate people into crazy ways of thinking and acting (Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot).

So, no, it is not about religion, it is about ideology in general, culture, individual traits. Those don't require religion to form a person with terrorist traits, although religion can enhance them - so can hundreds other things.
    I really don't care if we agree that extremists are gonna be extreme.

You're not disproving religion had something to do with it. Even if without religion people can do bad things, add in religion and they start doing some pretty predictable bad things. Kind of a big coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not rational thinking to say, "Some refugees are terrorists, so we shouldn't accept any of them". It is narrowminded thinking of people who let emotions get the best of them, ignoring common sense.
    It's perfectly rational if you set your standard limit at a decent level of violence. You could set your limit at 99% of refugees, would it be irrational to stop letting them in? Some actually think it would be bigoted and racist to stop them. There's simply nothing wrong with, at a certain point, saying "okay, we've had enough", even if not all or even most refugees are terrorists.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-07-20 at 09:20 AM.