Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5man Mythics difficulty spike?

I just jumped into a 5man Mythic with everyone 705-715 and couldn't get through the first boss.

This same group of people went through and killed the bosses 1 shot weekly for the last few months, and now that the patch hit, it seems like the scaling is really off.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

Everyone is squishier, does less damage and heals less.
    Whilst Normal, Heroic and Mythic HFC has had a nerf, LFR and 5man content does not have a nerf (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Whilst Normal, Heroic and Mythic HFC has had a nerf, LFR and 5man content does not have a nerf (yet).
    I figured as much, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. We steamrolled N. HFC and went to go screw off in a Mythic for those heirloom trinkets and get mauled.

No nerf needed. I ran a couple tonight and saw no significant difference.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Maybe, but for those that are not totally heroic/mythic HFC geared, they will be a challenge again.

Seems like it may depend on which classes you're taking in there. Some people are getting wrecked and some people find it fine.

Cleared Everbloom, Iron Docks, and Auch last night with a full group around 700 ilvl. Mythics aren't impossible, just not faceroll anymore.

Maybe, but for those that are not totally heroic/mythic HFC geared, they will be a challenge again.
    or maybe how about finaly learn how to cc/dispel/interupt/stun - mythic dungeon were never hard even at 650-660 itlv all they required was to use correct tactics instead zerg it with pure numbers.

I did a few and for the groups running around blindly treating it like a end of Wrath heroic it was rough. People face pulling groups and doing dumb things doesn't mean the dungeon is hard they are just making it harder on themselves. I do think a few tanks are having issues adjusting to changes and not having the same amount of heals/shields will struggle if they didn't use their other tools.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Just did a Mythic PuG as a Holy Priest, it was pretty difficult but I think it was mainly because people are not accustomed to slowing down and doing it properly, chain pulling tanks and DPS ignoring mechanics = wipes.

We also had some unusual bugs, one of the DPS would get the chains debuff from Iron Docks mobs and it would stay on him until he died

Quote Originally Posted by httpster View Post
    Just did a Mythic PuG as a Holy Priest, it was pretty difficult but I think it was mainly because people are not accustomed to slowing down and doing it properly, chain pulling tanks and DPS ignoring mechanics = wipes.

We also had some unusual bugs, one of the DPS would get the chains debuff from Iron Docks mobs and it would stay on him until he died
    We had that too. There's a bug on the 2nd boss as well, the bombs don't show. It only shows a puff of smoke where they are and makes it really hard to see.

They said they are probably going to put a stronger nerf on the mythic dungeons later today.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...s-not-working/
    "We're also looking at introducing a form of the debuff to Warlords dungeons (Mythic especially)."
    Clubnp (Warrior)
    Armory | TwitchTV | Logs

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Even if it is still easy for people in our gear you'd have to be pretty slow to not see difference in the fact that many abilities previously ignored could easily oneshot dps again, as if people in 730 gear were in 660.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

True, but is that really a bad thing? Wouldn't you like to have something interesting to do since HFC hits like a wed noodle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tollo View Post
    True, but is that really a bad thing? Wouldn't you like to have something interesting to do since HFC hits like a wed noodle?
    interrupting the enslavers in shadowmoon to have them oneshot you with the first voidlash tick (because 660 gear) is certainly a bad thing. I enjoyed it on a 720 where I could still multipull (as long as mechanics would oneshot the dps generally) and it could feel challenging doing big pulls - but on a 660? It'll be hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Technicians in the first pull in grimrail will bug out and not do anything when attempting to release an ironstar (except spam chat)
    The trash before the 3rd boss in UBRS can no longer be pulled quickly; you have to wait for the gate to spawn. Why they fixed this now? I don't know.

Tanked a few on my monk with ilvl 700. Felt really squishy from time to time. My healer friend with 680 had a hard time keeping us up. Only when we played without any mistakes we were able to kill bosses comfortably. We did feel a noticable bump in difficulty. Because before mythic dungeons were pretty easy. Already questioned how good monk tanks are in general but it seems to be a general issue with the pre patch.

Keep in mind that a hotfix has been applied to most (if not all) of WOD's content, reducing enemies health by 25%, and damage by 20%. Did a random 5 minutes ago on EU to verify it was live. If you felt squishy at 700, you should feel just fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by clubnp View Post
    They said they are probably going to put a stronger nerf on the mythic dungeons later today.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...s-not-working/
    "We're also looking at introducing a form of the debuff to Warlords dungeons (Mythic especially)."
    Bummer. Our guild doesn't run mythic dungeons until Friday night, and I was looking forward to being challenged.

- - - Updated - - -

The heroic dungeons I run daily for ring valor have felt much easier. Were they already nerfed? When I say easier... I mean, they were already faceroll, but now stuff dies if you even look at it hard.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

In my opinion it has gotten pretty easy. Wen't Iron Docks yesterday and wrecked that place in under 10 minutes

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MT7-L09 mit Tapatalk