Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I dislike Milo, too. But saying he deserves to be banned for doing nothing but being a general dick is pretty much SJW line of reasoning. I think you're being an intellectually dishonest dick, but I rather reason with you than rally others to get you banned. You're spouting illiberal opinions. What happened to the anti-censorship Krazy we all knew when it came to gamergate? Are you against censorship or not?
    This isn't censorship because nobody is silencing anyone. He is free to express his opinions and thoughts elsewhere. Twitter doesn't have to give him a platform to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Those tweets were fakes.
    No, go look at her timeline.

https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/755218642674020352

That is 100% from her timeline. That's incitement. That's WAYYYYYY more than Milo EVER did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's not a ''widely terrible movie'', it's a boring by the number sequel.
    I said it was "widely regarded as a terrible movie".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah see I didn't say he was banned for his bad GB review. The movie was fucking terrible and deserves to be lambasted.

She responded publicly as is her wont, and he responded to her. You can find the thing she responded to not offensive, or whatever, but that is irrelevant. The two of them saying stupid shit to each other isn't against the rules. They both did it.
    And as such they either should BOTH be banned or both be unbanned. You can't only discipline one side of this.

- - - Updated - - -

That is 100% from her timeline. That's incitement. That's WAYYYYYY more than Milo EVER did.
    That one is definitely from her, and I even reported it. She's just as guilty.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    *insert whatever stupid shit Milo happens to be doing on any given day*

How did Milo's gay pride parade through the Swedish Muslim ghettos go?
    How the fuck would I know? What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    This isn't censorship because nobody is silencing anyone. He is free to express his opinions and thoughts elsewhere. Twitter doesn't have to give him a platform to speak.
    He can't communicate through Twitter. Thus he's been censored on that platform. Meaning Twitter censored him. If I was a mod and banned you from this site, I'd be censoring you on this platform.

Censorship has a definition and what I said fits it to a fucking T.

Yes, according to the Terms of Service she should be banned for posts like that, not to mention her hate filled and vile tweets about white people.

I dislike Milo, too. But saying he deserves to be banned for doing nothing but being a general dick is pretty much SJW line of reasoning. I think you're being an intellectually dishonest dick, but I rather reason with you than rally others to get you banned. You're spouting illiberal opinions. What happened to the anti-censorship Krazy we all knew when it came to gamergate? Are you against censorship or not?
    Yeah see, anti-censorship advocacy happens when censorship has occurred. It hasn't here.

He deliberately broke the ToS and deserved his ban.

Thanks for the personal insults and the constant mischaracterization of what I said and what actually happened.

Once again since apparently you and the other 5 people pretending he was silenced for his opinion mentally cannot figure it out, Milo wasn't banned for what he believes. He was because he participated in the targeted harassment of an individual. Breaking the ToS.

I look forward to your next post ignoring this fact. Me getting infracted and banned temporarily for doing nothing but calling somebody a troll is not me being censored. Its me being punished for breaking MMO-Champion's forum's rules.

He can't communicate through Twitter. Thus he's been censored on that platform. Meaning Twitter censored him. If I was a mod and banned you from this site, I'd be censoring you on this platform.

Jesus fucking christ. No. You'd be censoring somebody if you banned them for disagreeing with their opinion. Being infracted and banned (And you should know this) for breaking the ToS isn't censorship. It's a punishment for breaking the rules.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-20 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    *insert whatever stupid shit Milo happens to be doing on any given day*

How did Milo's gay pride parade through the Swedish Muslim ghettos go?

To be fair, the attention given that particular issue during the last year or so, has actually made some difference. The large issues involving such parts of our larger cities, in regards to civil liberties and the prevailing culture there, has finally been recognized as an actual problem by the mainstream media and politicians. And the evidence is overwhelming, to say the least - it very clearly does constitute a major issue, in our otherwise "live and let live"-minded country. Not saying that Milo was apart of that, but the cause (that he very well may have exploited) was certainly, objectively, both a good and a liberal one.

10+ Year Old Account

No he just lost the privelge to speak on one platform. He's still free to speak wherever else he wants, just not on Twitter. Is it censorship too when I kick you out of my home for insulting me and never allowing you back in?

And besides, As Krazy is saying in this instance he wasn't banned for his opinions. I see the most vile shit on there every day from extreme right wingers and they're not banned. He was banned for inciting a witch hunt on an individual.
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-07-20 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nixx believes in freedom of speech when it's it favors him/her and believes in silencing and removing it when it favors his/her opponents.

"Freedom of speech is the right to communicate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship"

The problem is that they don't have the obligation to put up with hate speech, Freedom of speech is the right to an opinion without the government stepping in, has nothing to do with private entities. With the logic you put forward ISIS should be able to keep their twitter accounts since its their right to say the things they want. I'm not even on either side of this.

I find the irony that he whines about how liberals are whiny. Makes me chuckle.

You should really learn the difference between public and private entities before you start whining about censorship.

Tip: you do not have the right to speak on any platform because you want to do so.

No he just lost the privelge to speak on one platform. He's still free to speak wherever else he wants, just not on Twitter. Is it censorship too when I kick you out of my home for insulting me and never allowing you back in?

And besides, As Krazy is saying in this instance he wasn't banned for his opinions. I see the most vile shit on there every day from extreme right wingers and they're not banned. He was banned for inciting a witch hunt on an individual.
    You are correct, if he broke the terms of service he isn't being censored.

What specifically that he said, offends you guys? I can't find the actual tweets anywhere. I'm curious where you found them at, or why you are arguing without reading the actual tweets.

Definition of censorship
    a : the institution, system, or practice of censoring
    b : the actions or practices of censors; especially : censorial control exercised repressively

Definition of censor
    : a person who supervises conduct and morals: as
    a : an official who examines materials (as publications or films) for objectionable matter
    b : an official (as in time of war) who reads communications (as letters) and deletes material considered sensitive or harmful

I know he wasn't banned for his opinion(you obviously haven't read any of my posts). He was banned because Twitter thought he was inciting his followers to target Leslie. Yet, there's no actual proof of him doing that.

People throw around the word "censorship" as if its some magical bullet that can automatically justify giving this dickhead a platform. Like it's a bad word, and any type of censorship, regardless of the reason why, is absolutely prohibited.

Honestly, what this guy did, he deserved to be "censored." It's not a violation of Free Speech, he's not a victim, he wasn't censored for reporting on human rights violations or for political purposes. He was "censored" because he's a fucking troll and he was encouraging others to make racist and sexist remarks at another person, whose only crime was starring in a reboot of an amusing 80s movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What specifically that he said, offends you guys? I can't find the actual tweets anywhere. I'm curious where you found them at, or why you are arguing without reading the actual tweets.
    Most of us have said nothing about if we were offended. Because that's irrelevant to the topic. I've been on the internet long enough that 99.9% of things don't offend me.

That has nothing to do with if a bunch of people concertedly went after me for hours and hours and hours, partially inspired by shit Milo was doing. I notice that people always showing what Milo SAID but conveniently leave out him retweeting/tweeting out the fake screenshots of her allegedly saying terrible things. And then, nearly an hour later, shrugging and going 'lol whops maybe they're fake? Oh well.'

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Good.

Dude's an asshole, drama monger/attention whore, and attaches himself to actual legitimate causes like wanting more transparency in the gaming press or being anti-authoritarian just so he can shit on SJWs in a new way.

Always made me sad that he was given some kind of credence among pro-GamerGate people just because he didn't immediately go "dey hate the wimmenz in games!" He never gave a fuck about games or the gaming industry and just wanted to bully more people online, and then hide behind the fact that he was gay when people responded to him.

He's a general nuisance and I'm glad he finally went over the line, brigading people to continue to harass Leslie Jones (And before this accusation is leveled at me, no, I did not like the new Ghostbusters. In fact, I found it pandering social justice trash) just because she responded to his GB review article and was upset at all the racism she was getting barfed at her for doing so.

Wow he must have really offended you

I got news for you though, he would annihilate you in a debate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You should really learn the difference between public and private entities before you start whining about censorship.

Tip: you do not have the right to speak on any platform because you want to do so.
    Who the fuck care about public and private? Censoring can be done by anyone suppressing a voice. Doesn't matter who they are.

Go look at the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Wow he must have really offended you

I got news for you though, he would annihilate you in a debate lol
    Dang you showed me. No, he hasn't.

I'm just able to see him for what he is: A troll in real life who adds nothing to a conversation other than being that kid everybody knew who jumped into conversations in elemental school, yelling and screaming to get attention. And then when they're ejected for being a douchebag, cries about not being able to participate.

The funniest part about Milo Yiannopoulis to me is how he just abuses useful stooges like yourself and other people to further his own fame and you never seem to realize it. He doesn't give a fuck about you. He never gave a fuck about GamerGate or gaming or authoritarianism creeping into our country. He just wants to get more screentime and attention for himself.

Christ, he all but said as much last night when he was speaking to the Gays for Trump rally. Telling everybody that he was going to spend the next 2 days at the RNC jumping in front of any camera he can find to try and get attention for himself.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-20 at 03:01 PM.

I was looking at Stefan Molyneux tweet about Milo's ban, very interesting: "Milo's ban confirms it: acid tongued conservatives are the only effective revolutionaries left. #FreeMilo"