Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, does anyone have a new BiS list for Disc from HFC?

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that Siory from Midwinter used Iskar trinket as his second for Disc. Anyone figure out the reasoning behind it?

I've been switching off between Chipped Soul Prism / DSI / Class Trinket for holy last night and all three were good.
    I preferred CSP due to the pure stats but Class Trinket seemed to be really good for Tyrant.

CSP might be very viable for Disc as well.
    Last edited by Kohz; 2016-07-20 at 01:39 PM.

Recruiting Officer of <Full Mongo> Stormrage-US
    Priest || Paladin || Mage || Shaman || Monk || Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Kohz View Post
    I noticed that Siory from Midwinter used Iskar trinket as his second for Disc. Anyone figure out the reasoning behind it?
    Because the proc triggers an Atonement heal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Because the proc triggers an Atonement heal?
    Would that be worth than other trinkets though? The RNG component behind it like when it will proc.

Would that be worth than other trinkets though? The RNG component behind it like when it will proc.
    According to Siory's logs, trinket did 5-7% of their healing with similar overhealing compared to Atonement heals in total. It is random like you said, but it probably doesn't matter much anyway.

At this stage is it entirely possible he was simply testing out the trinket
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the trinkets in Legion are random, or RPPM. They're still really good. There's one that does 250k to any hostile mob in a line in front of you, and procs atonement at the same time.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    A lot of the trinkets in Legion are random, or RPPM. They're still really good. There's one that does 250k to any hostile mob in a line in front of you, and procs atonement at the same time.
    A lot of trinkets that were bad for a spec are actually good now. Take Prophecy of Fear as an example, before it was a terrible option for fire, now? It's actually one of the best.

Okay, I'm still not understanding this whole situation of why Disc feels so terrible.

I compared HPS between my Mistweaver and Disc, and....honestly, they're both kinda similar.

Mistweaver: Renewing Mist + Enveloping Mist + Effuse spam
    Disc: Shadow Mend + PWS spam

Both were getting right around 50k HPS.

Yet, when I run mythic dungeons on my Mistweaver, it's super easy and I can keep the tank up no problem, and when I run mythic dungeons on my Disc, it's insanely difficult and I struggle hardcore just to keep the tank above 40% health.

Have I just gotten a string of shitty tanks on my Disc and a string of good tanks on my Mistweaver, or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Okay, I'm still not understanding this whole situation of why Disc feels so terrible.

I compared HPS between my Mistweaver and Disc, and....honestly, they're both kinda similar.

Mistweaver: Renewing Mist + Enveloping Mist + Effuse spam
    Disc: Shadow Mend + PWS spam

Both were getting right around 50k HPS.

Yet, when I run mythic dungeons on my Mistweaver, it's super easy and I can keep the tank up no problem, and when I run mythic dungeons on my Disc, it's insanely difficult and I struggle hardcore just to keep the tank above 40% health.

Have I just gotten a string of shitty tanks on my Disc and a string of good tanks on my Mistweaver, or what?
    Do you not spec into Shadow Covenant as a last talent for mythic dungeons? I tried both PtW and SC for mythic dungeons last night and SC is too good to pass for oh shit AoE moments since atonement isn't enough to keep people alive if you are trying to catch up all the healing required.

Do you not spec into Shadow Covenant as a last talent for mythic dungeons? I tried both PtW and SC for mythic dungeons last night and SC is too good to pass for oh shit AoE moments since atonement isn't enough to keep people alive if you are trying to catch up all the healing required.
    Shadow Covenant is pure bullshit, literally a downgrade from PWR.

And no, AoE healing is not my problem, "spamming Shadow Mend nonstop on the tank and he still dies" is my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    While I'm not sure exactly what rotation woodside had in mind, I used a rotation similar to what I've described on this forum last night in heroic HFC to reasonable effect, despite the terrible lack of a decent UI such as even atonement timers and my operational newness to the spec changes.

It turns out, that despite Totaltotemic's assurance to the contrary, a rotation featuring several atonement applications followed by Schism, Penance, and a Smite sequence actually does good healing. Multiple people have noted the "high mana cost" of Schism, which is strange since it's cheaper than Penance and has higher throughput. Given that Schism does work, it's fine for use, and helps beef up the dps part of the rotation. Without Schism during the pre-patch in which we have nothing to decrease the cooldown of Penance, Schism provides a 2nd spell with high throughput, and for those who hate rotations while preferring a "priority system", Schism has the added benefit of a 6 second cooldown, compared to Penance's 9 seconds.

This will change somewhat in Legion, where Penance receives a few artifact buffs, thus increasing it's value (and the value of Castigation) relative to Schism.

I rarely used Power Word: Radiance, mostly because it was rarely needed, and certain fights were tight on mana.

Here's the raid's Log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2#type=healing
    You never give up, do you? You did "good healing" in a heroic run where you were 20-25 ilvls higher than everyone else? SHOCKER!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing

This is what it looks like when you actually play Disc properly. You PWR a billion times before burst. If you had mana problems, you should have dumped Schism so you could actually PWR.

Okay, I'm looking at the logs for the most recent attempt at Mythic dungeons, with a Paladin tank.

Skada shows him taking about 576k damage over the span of 3 seconds, before he died.

Those atonement hits are from SWP ticks. I was spamming Shadow Mend the whole time.

So is this just a problem of shitty tanks not using their defensive abilities, or...?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-20 at 03:52 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    could http://www.wowhead.com/item=133596/orb-of-voidsight be good in the prepatch now ?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Okay, I'm looking at the logs for the most recent attempt at Mythic dungeons, with a Paladin tank.

Skada shows him taking about 576k damage over the span of 3 seconds, before he died.

Those atonement hits are from SWP ticks. I was spamming Shadow Mend the whole time.

So is this just a problem of shitty tanks not using their defensive abilities, or...?
    Yes, that would be a problem with a shitty tank. Nobody is doing 200k single target HPS right now, he would die one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming hes using it for the same reason I did. We both don't have a PoF since PoF was trash for shadow, we never picked it up. PoF will easily contribute 10-25% whereas Seethe does like 5%. Imo best trinkets are DP and PoF.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-07-20 at 03:56 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Last edited by Izzirez; 2016-07-20 at 04:10 PM.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    How many Atonement do you keep up in like Mythic raid?

I personally feel like 6 or 7 is fine. Maybe for something like Gorefiend Feast you might want to put a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    How many Atonement do you keep up in like Mythic raid?

I personally feel like 6 or 7 is fine. Maybe for something like Gorefiend Feast you might want to put a few more.
    4, 5, or 6 is pretty good usually. Then you pick out the abilities that are big raid-wide damage abilities and you PWR a bunch (or Rapture and PW:S) before them and then Penance and Smite for a little while afterwards. Look at your boss mod timers and start PWRing ~15 seconds beforehand (similar to Spirit Shell back in MoP). In HFC this would be:

HFA - lol no damage fight
    Iron Reaver - Artillery and especially Pounding
    Kormrok - Dragging Hands and Pound
    Hellfire High Council - Mirror Image and Wailing Horror (I think that's the name of it, the purple ghost part)
    Kilrogg - Death Throes
    Gorefiend - Feast obviously, but also just whenever there's a lot of damage in the normal phase
    Iskar - Chakram and Focused Blast
    Socrethar - Apocalypse
    Tyrant - Edict and Gavel
    Fel Lord - the entire unarmed phase
    Xhul'horac - Before triggering bursts (you should know when it's coming) and just before 20%
    Mannoroth - Every imp spawn, Gaze, Shadowforce in the final phase, basically every ability combo.
    Archimonde - Wrought Chaos and Infernals

You know, all of the places you would use cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    You never give up, do you? You did "good healing" in a heroic run where you were 20-25 ilvls higher than everyone else? SHOCKER!

This is what it looks like when you actually play Disc properly. You PWR a billion times before burst. If you had mana problems, you should have dumped Schism so you could actually PWR.
    Indeed, I had better success spamming PWR ~3 times before every mechanic and using Castigation over Schism:

warcraftlogs.com/reports/y7tLzHA13VbY9vkJ#fight=19&type=healing&options=8&source=16

Schism was a rather inconvenient GCD that really broke the cadence between the times you have to apply atonement and when you had to actually heal for very marginal benefit, if at all. I also felt that Rapture was pointless to use most of the time, except as a personal cooldown, since PWR was more efficient in applying atonements per unit of execution time, but that should change for legion.
    Last edited by Huskittens; 2016-07-20 at 05:43 PM.