Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love how he uses sub numbers as an argument. As if Vanilla had the most subs. Haha. Always entertaining with people like the OP, using arguments that backfires like crazy. Thanks for the laugh.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Vanilla WoW sucked compared to today's WoW, and i am on of that 0.1% that went into Naxxramas and killed like 9 bosses in there, so yes, i did play that game as it was.

Get out of your nostalgia bubble.

What they need to do, is create a new engine at some point, release the next expansion as a standalone so it can have a logical size and time to make and not be 40GB just carry over the database of items/icons so people wont cry about their achievements and implement them slowly/whenever possible as they update stuff, which is probably impossible or the time required is something they simply wont do.
    300,000 + don't think so c: Remember Runescape only had 75k sigs and they got what they wanted. Enjoy the suckage that is Legion c:
    PS: Join Kronos!
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2016-07-20 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    300,000 + don't think so c: Remember Runescape only had 75k sigs and they got what they wanted. Enjoy the suckage that is Legion c:
    As opposed to probably around 4 million WoW players. And that's 300,000 + people that wouldn't actually pay for a Vanilla server.
    PS: No.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    As opposed to probably around 4 million. And that's 300,000 + that wouldn't actually pay to play on a Vanilla server.
    PS: No.
    Just gonna leave this here c:
    https://www.docdroid.net/flUbn6G/nos...ortem.pdf.html

PS: If you really think 4 million people still play wow, you need Jesus. How many realms currently say "High" or "Locked"? Last I checked, zero. I'd say it's probably around 1.5/2. (Maybe 3 at the most, with the majority in Asia)
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2016-07-20 at 01:51 AM.

Only people that never did anything in Vanilla and are desperately trying to replay it play, those pathetic private servers, or people that dont wanna pay, as i said, its 2016, F2P games are everything.

I did play some vanilla but was young soo did not know what the fuck I was doing, I feel game has changed posetively sience that time and place. But if they ever made a vanilla server i wuld ofc make a char and level it to max just for reasons, like how it wuld take more than 10 hrs to level 1-60, old wsg walljumps, the old talent system, the old pvp ranking system, the charm of flying to places to do dunegons, the struggle of having no tab for mounts and non-battlepets. wuld be wunderfull to have things to be baugthered over agein

Just gonna leave this here c:
    https://www.docdroid.net/flUbn6G/nos...ortem.pdf.html

PS: If you really think 4 million people still play wow, you need Jesus. How many realms currently say "High" or "Locked"? Last I checked, zero. I'd say it's probably around 1.5/2. (Maybe 3 at the most, with the majority in Asia)
    "I'd say". Ok so you have no evidence to back up this statement or presentation of sub numbers gotcha. As for old school the interest is there but whether it is capitalized on is up to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    "I'd say". Ok so you have no evidence to back up this statement or presentation of sub numbers gotcha. As for old school the interest is there but whether it is capitalized on is up to Blizzard.
    Unfortunately Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers, likely for a reason. ;-)
    EDIT: If it is actually 4, which I very highly doubt.. Wow is no longer the most popular MMO out there. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/f...ased-mmo-33713

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    I dream of vanilla wow ported directly into unreal 4 game engine. Gameplay unchanged, just beautiful graphics, and without all the Facebook xmog cancer that has killed what was once the best game ever.

Am I being unrealistic?
    Yes. Yes you are. And now you're banned. Hooray! =D
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

This is the thread in 1 sentence: "Aww, I'm so sad that my dream hasn't come true yet, so I'm gonna be a crybaby and post a thread to make sure that everyone hears my opinion, and that only my opinions matters"

Honestly all I can ever ask at this point is this, why aren't some people PERMA-BANNED already? Jesus christ. Pointless. My dreams don't come true. Guess what, it's the real world...jesus christ. Not like you're the center of fucking attention. Damn dude...when will people learn that sometimes people just can't give you what the fuck you want all the time? It's annoying and toddlerish. And people ask why i'm such a pissed off guy sometimes, it's because of some people like OP over there thinking that blizzard is gonna be sweet hearted enough to give them something that wasn't good to begin with. Holy fuck!

Doesn't prove anything.

PS: If you really think 4 million people still play wow, you need Jesus. How many realms currently say "High" or "Locked"? Last I checked, zero.
    In other words, you're not on live WoW and you just pulled that.

Unfortunately Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers, likely for a reason. ;-)
    Yes, because the doomsayers wouldn't stop spamming the forums about how "WOW IS DYING!!!!!".
    c:;-))))))c:c:
    (Am I doing it right?)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-07-20 at 02:03 AM.

Doesn't prove anything.

In other words, you're not on WoW.

Yes, because the doomsayers wouldn't stop spamming the forums about how "WOW IS DYING!!!!!".
    c:;-))))))c:c:
    (Am I doing it right?)
    Or maybe because each time they did post sub numbers, they were constantly met with a net loss of subs...? And in an event to stop players from "Jumping the dying ship" they stopped posting sub numbers.

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST and EMBRACE THE CHANGE.

Well, I just read it. They said they are to meet with Blizzard, so nothing has been set in stone. Just because they're having a meeting it doesn't guarantee Legacy servers.
    What, clearly you didnt read it... they already MET blizzard, and they made a report of THAT meeting.
    You are reading some old twitter post that they were promised a meeting.

Their report can be read from nostalrius forums.

And this is by far the biggest legacy pull that blizzard has ever had.... what did they have before? some people pointing at privates and telling blizz "we want it" "come on those guys are making illegal money... make your own so they wont get any".
    Well this year something much bigger happened that is beyond anything anyone has ever said to blizzard about legacy.

We had a petition to mike morhaime that successfully went through with a former vanilla developer included, we had an actual private server dev team meet up with the leading devs of WoW and it was a positive meeting.
    Thats a huge breakthrough for legacy... even if blizzard wont do it themselves, heck they have been shown proof that there are volunteers willing to do so... for free. (which had not happened before... private servers up until this point had been given a bad rep because of all the illegal money that people try to make with it)

You dont understand toxicity if you didnt play in vanilla... clearly you didnt. No, players are not anonymous if they were limited to doing dungeons within their own realm, you would know this had you played in vanilla. Bad people were known and named... I played on 2 realms in vanilla/tbc and in both it was the same, there was always someone in the dungeon grp who recognized someone else who had been a toxic player and thus was not given a spot in the grp.

Dont know what scrub realm you played... probably a pvp realm if they said "shut up" and things to randoms in pugs. On my realms noone said those, it was much more social and when doing harder 5 mans people actually communicated what to CC and what to nuke. I never had a silent run in stratholme or scholomance, that was just impossible... unless doing them with new expansion op talents which clearly means its no longer vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    You dont understand toxicity if you didnt play in vanilla... clearly you didnt.
    Oh well, I guess I didn't then! The memories I have must be someone else's.