Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I'm Amazed At How Petty Blizzard Can Be.

At the very end of an expansion, after a huge content drought, and especially with people returning in preparation for Legion you would expect Blizzard to try to make it easier for players to complete their characters.

But with this pre-patch they have shown amazing pettiness in many aspects of the garrisons and professions. Anybody trying to complete a characters professions or even finish leveling a new character before the start of Legion is going to have a harder time instead of an easier one.

A few examples:
    They didn't just remove follower gold missions. They removed every last thing that can make any gold at all. Even things like the Leatherworker or Inscription daily quest no longer gives gold.

The daily pet battle in the garrison now only gives 4 tokens instead of 8.

The cost of all crafting items for sale from the daily Trader have quadrupled. Makes it a lot harder to top off professions by having alts buy the stuff you need from the Trader.

I'm baffled by some of these small-minded changes. If their intent was to make the garrison absolutely worthless then they should have waited until there was some new content to do. New players and returning players who are finishing up their WoD leveling are still going to be working on their garrison because that's the game they currently have to play. Why make it even more miserable at this stage?

They didn't just remove follower gold missions. They removed every last thing that can make any gold at all. Even things like the Leatherworker or Inscription daily quest no longer gives gold.
    You make a lot of gold leveling throughout Legion. Gray items off of trash mobs are worth 25g.

Not sure what this has to do with preparing for Legion, but I don't do pet battles so I'm not sure what the tokens do or how they'll be used for Legion.

The cost of all crafting items for sale from the daily Trader have quadrupled. Makes it a lot harder to top off professions by having alts buy the stuff you need from the Trader.
    Agreed, but like how it didn't matter if you were 1/700 in WoD, I doubt 650/700 for your profession will matter going into Legion. I'm assuming you'll be able to start crafting Legion items without having it maxed, same way you were able to in WoD.

Overall, not sure what any of this has to do with preparing your character for Legion.

Maybe it's not possible, but it would have been better if all these taps were turned off when the expac launched, rather than during the pre-patch.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2016-07-20 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You don't have a single level 100 toon? If you pre-purchased Legion, you didn't do the starter quests for your free level 100?
    I'm kind of baffled that this is even a thing, what you're up in arms about.
    It has been no secret the changes that they were going to make...why wait until pre-xpac launch to do whatever it is that you needed to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xss View Post
    ...like how it didn't matter if you were 1/700 in WoD, I doubt 650/700 for your profession will matter going into Legion. I'm assuming you'll be able to start crafting Legion items without having it maxed, same way you were able to in WoD.
    This, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    At the very end of an expansion, after a huge content drought, and especially with people returning in preparation for Legion you would expect Blizzard to try to make it easier for players to complete their characters.

But with this pre-patch they have shown amazing pettiness in many aspects of the garrisons and professions. Anybody trying to complete a characters professions or even finish leveling a new character before the start of Legion is going to have a harder time instead of an easier one.

A few examples:

I'm baffled by some of these small-minded changes. If their intent was to make the garrison absolutely worthless then they should have waited until there was some new content to do. New players and returning players who are finishing up their WoD leveling are still going to be working on their garrison because that's the game they currently have to play. Why make it even more miserable at this stage?
    The trader costs were increased because gold missions now award GR. My DK is going to get 5k+ GR from one group of follower missions. It's not petty and "small minded" changes if you can't figure out why they did what they did. You also had all expansion to make gold, and months and months to stockpile mats for legion alts or whatever you gripe is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Maybe it's not possible, but it would have been better if all these taps were turned on when the expac launched, rather than during the pre-patch.
    I agree with this.

It's important to remember that the posters here on this forum generally have a bunch of max level characters. We may feel that we are in the "preparing for Legion" phase.

But there are still a lot of people coming back to the game or playing casually who are leveling new characters or trying to finish the WoD content. The current game is the game they are playing and it's still a month til the demon invasion and two weeks more than that until Legion itself.

I agree with this.

It's important to remember that the posters here on this forum generally have a bunch of max level characters. We may feel that we are in the "preparing for Legion" phase.

But there are still a lot of people coming back to the game or playing casually who are leveling new characters or trying to finish the WoD content. The current game is the game they are playing and it's still a month til the demon invasion and two weeks more than that until Legion itself.
    Someone from my raid team came back to the game from having not played since Wotlk, and got to 100 on Monday. His garrison will be nearly impossible to setup and use at this point, which is a shame.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    The trader costs were increased because gold missions now award GR. My DK is going to get 5k+ GR from one group of follower missions. It's not petty and "small minded" changes if you can't figure out why they did what they did. You also had all expansion to make gold, and months and months to stockpile mats for legion alts or whatever you gripe is.
    Apparently you can't wrap your mind around the concept that NOT EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU!

You may have had months and months to stockpile resources but not everybody has. You have missions for huge amounts of garrison resources because you already had a bunch of maxed out followers who used to be Treasure Hunters and got converted to increase garrison resource gain instead.

Stop and think for a minute about how these changes effect a player returning to WOW and trying to finish leveling his characters.

Apparently you can't wrap your mind around the concept that NOT EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU!

You may have had months and months to stockpile resources but not everybody has. You have missions for huge amounts of garrison resources because you already had a bunch of maxed out followers who used to be Treasure Hunters and got converted to increase garrison resource gain instead.

Stop and think for a minute about how these changes effect a player returning to WOW and trying to finish leveling his characters.
    I just returned to WoW 2 weeks ago, and although my garrison is pretty much pointless at this point, none of that really matters for my character going into Legion. I'm still failing to see how a lackluster Garrison setup is going to affect your ability to start leveling in Legion in any way.

10+ Year Old Account

And you, apparently, cannot wrap your mind around the concept that everything does not circle around returning players. Follower training rates have not been increased, Harrison Jones has not been nerfed. New players can put in EXACTLY the same amount of time and train the same number of garrison followers.

You argue that he has a 'bunch of maxed out followers', but he didn't get them overnight. He put in the time and so can you. Nothing has changed. You'll receive a lot more garrison resources, just like him once you put in the effort. Just like him.

The gold, it was for players who played in WoD. You played in the expansion, you got the gold. If you didn't play in the expansion, you didn't get the gold. You seem to want all the benefits of the expansion, without actually playing it. Sorry.

If you want to engage in Garrison gameplay as a returning player, you get everything but the gold. The gold was for when it was current content. It isn't, anymore.

Someone from my raid team came back to the game from having not played since Wotlk, and got to 100 on Monday. His garrison will be nearly impossible to setup and use at this point, which is a shame.
    Why is that a shame? There's just over a month left until Legion launches. What would he even use the garrison for and why is it a shame?
    Beta Club Brosquad

The one thing i'm absolutely gutted about in this patch is the mega nerf of follower ilvl upgrades, my subscription ended a few weeks ago so i didn't want to renew until after the patch hit, i kept all of my blue/epic ilvl upgrades to one side (For no real reason i can think of!) and that one single mistake has cost me about 4k gold amongst my characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no the Welfare gold has gone away! great reason to Unsub.

"You Are Not Prepared!"

They are also solving the biggest issue with garrison by removing gold. Players should no longer feel obligated to log in on every character with a garrison to do missions and dailies for gold. Legion has been announced along time ago, if you couldn't make use of your time to level professions or prepare to level them (Demon Hunter) that's not anyone else's fault but you own. I'll be leveling professions on a Demon Hunter as soon as they are playable andI have had mats saved up since April.

Should keep this as a lesson for when legion comes to an end and you find yourself complaining that you are not prepared for that either.

The increase of mat cost at the trader caught me by surprise, I must have missed that in the notes, but we are going to be swimming in resources, so it probably won't be that big a deal, I was only looking to buy fur and dust anyway. There are still plenty of ways to make gold, farming, treasure hunting, selling xmog gear, etc. I have to admit, it was pretty nice to only log in to do pet battles and start sorting gear.

Again, here's your community at work.

What did we hear throughout WoD? "Garrisons suck!" "Everyone hates garrisons!" "Garrisons are useless!" "Nobody wants to play World of FacebookCraft!"

And now that the next expansion is only weeks away...

"No more garrisons? What a shame! How horrible of Blizzard to do this to us! Oh, the injustice!"

Now ask yourselves why everything is Blizzard's fault.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

15+ Year Old Account
    There's barely any benefit to having a garrison at all at this point, anyway. Everything meaningful about the system was more-or-less gutted because they want people to abandon the system.

While OP bitches about not having anyways to make money. I will continue to do basically nothing and make money for it.

For the record all but 500 of that is from the yesterday and today. It is also all, but that 500, from Inscription. It also isn't taking into account the 70k I made off of some Transmog Gear on Tuesday because TSM was misbehaving

Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    If you want to engage in Garrison gameplay as a returning player, you get everything but the gold. The gold was for when it was current content. It isn't, anymore.
    The problem is that it's virtually impossible to engage in Garrison gameplay without a steady source of gold.

All the building plans and upgrades cost gold. Upgrading the garrison itself to rank 3 costs gold and you need rank 3 if you want a shipyard so you can go to Tanaan. The garrison was designed around the idea that it generates gold in order to fund it's own expansion.

Nobody is saying that everything has to revolve around the noobs. But new and returning players who just play the game and aren't caught up on all the details about how to optimize their character for Legion are going to see the Garrison and Tanaan as a big part of the current gameplay that they are paying for. There was no good reason for Blizzard to toss in all these petty little roadblocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's barely any benefit to having a garrison at all at this point, anyway. Everything meaningful about the system was more-or-less gutted because they want people to abandon the system.
    And that's the crux of the problem. They WANT PEOPLE TO ABANDON THE GARRISON SYSTEM but they haven't given them anything else to do.

It seems blindingly obvious that all these changes should have been implemented at the same time as the Demon Invasions so that people could abandon the garrison and instead go fight Demons and get some gear and other items.

But they foolishly patched in all the negatives while leaving everybody another month to wait for the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Why is that a shame? There's just over a month left until Legion launches. What would he even use the garrison for and why is it a shame?
    There was some interesting stuff in there that they will not be able to experience before the expac is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Again, here's your community at work.
    Actually, your post is a perfect example of what's wrong with this game's community. Everything is a hyperbolic, polarized position.

Garrisons were terrible, but only because we had the same content for two years. The Inn dungeon quests are great. Once. Unlocking the pet battle building was fun. Once. Acquiring some followers and experiencing their story was fun. Once.

Good luck unlocking any of those buildings without having someone help you with gold.

I'm amazed at how petty players can be when they make veiled whining posts about garrisons not giving buckets of gold anymore under the guise of "but what about people who aren't me"