Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game lost its appeal, and was no longer as fun as it once were.
    And because I became more and more casual with every expansion, I didn't see any reason to stay subscribed when I don't do much if anything in-game anymore.

Outside of raiding and PvP there just isn't much to do, unless you are a new player.

Not sold on Legion yet, will have to wait and see.

Quit at the end of TBC for starting work out of university. My all time fave game was TBC with arena and the amazing raiding. Played SC2, Diablo, Hearthstone & LoL in that time but none of it had the same feel and progression as WoW.

Diablo felt like a mini wow but could never fix that itch since every class could do it all solo. Really missed the roles, CC and hard bosses from raids and dungeons.

Eventually caved and got back in at WoD... the CC on trash and hard bosses no longer existed and only Mythic raids have the same feel to what I loved back then, but still each boss kill was desensitized and less satisfying having killed it on the easier modes many times already on farm

PvP turned into an abomination, yet still dabble in it for RBGs/BGs.

Even more turned off with Legion having brought in so much D3 grindfest style of play, where everyone can do everything and classes are getting hacked away to have less buttons/utility/D3ified yet again

Loved WoW for what it was but that's quickly falling off in it's recent versions

I never really quit WoW. I bounce between retail and legacy (private) servers. Well, mostly Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not completely quit. I'm raiding on friday in a twink raid for some loots and fun, but i'm not logging in for the rest of the week. Started learning piano and playing overwatch currently.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

im playing FFXIV atm

their devs don't completely abandon the live game for 12 months because they have to work on the next xpac all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draeth187 View Post
    When the game went from being a MMO to a Lobby -> Queue game.
    aaaaaaand stop right there. It has always been a queue game. Sitting around in a major city for hours at a time actively looking for a group for content. If anything the queue system allowed you to actually get out into the world and play.
    Well actually a bit before that, because I knew they would ruin the best raid they ever made (Naxx 40) when they said it was coming back for WotLK, boy was I right.
    Wrong again actually. The highest level of participation and highest sub count. Your argument is invalid.
    Came back at the start of Cata. I see people keep saying Cata heroics were hard, which I don't understand. We did them before we had high enough gear to queue for them. The first we did was Deadmines, kiting around the Ogres because they 2 shot our tank. That was a nice challenge for 2 days or so.

Used the 10 day trial a few weeks back. Levelled a Warrior from 70-90 without leaving Org, went to Draenor for level 91. Took me 2 days, did not buy expansion. What is the deal with having item level requirements for the first dungeon in Draenor? I am 100% sure it is a cakewalk.
    Did not actually buy WoD... end of story. Bashing at 91 didn't see past it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    im playing FFXIV atm

their devs don't completely abandon the live game for 12 months because they have to work on the next xpac all the time.
    Cute considering the most recent xpac isn't even a year old yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Cute considering the most recent xpac isn't even a year old yet.
    what WoD? yes it is

and 6.2 the single content patch of WoD will be over a year old when legion comes out

Fantastic exposing thread, hopefully a few inconsiderate posters don't hijack it with argument. We'll see....

Left with a 1/2 year of game token time cashed in, another 10 months in a toon's bag. For me it is so hollow, empty and devoid of entertainment value. There are really too many things that have failed to be able to name them all. Yet if I were to point to one general principle it would be the constant changing of classes. I can't stomach that anymore. The mandatory desconstruction/reconstruction process of what a class is about skews identity and my sense of association with any given class.

Progressively have lost attachment to the game for several xpacks, and now I have a great sense that I really don't even know these people at Blizzard anymore. And I am ultimately sure they don't know what I or so many people even want in a game. It's subjective, but that's how it is for me.

Way too many Steam games, but haven't really gotten the bug for them yet. I bought them all on sale, like so many of us do. So there's that, if I want it. I actually did start in with a Vanilla private server, after considering a WotLK server. But wanted to get a pre-xpack experience, and really enjoy it occasionally. But overall, I think my time with MMOs is about to come to an end. The time when they thrilled me seems like such a distant memory.
    Last edited by thebelltolleth; 2016-03-05 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially, I quit back in March 2013 due to two factors - my guild dissolving on the day of ToT's launch after a long period of whining about no new content(go figure - the core said "We're tired of WoW!"), and much more pressing, some serious medical issues that came to a head on that same day...

It seems I'm cursed; I had somewhat similar problems right before Ulduar's release, and I've heard both it and ToT were two of the best raids ever. I got to see Ulduar later when it was a joke - I've not logged in since March 2013, so ToT's a no go. :P

I've replaced it with getting back into Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, and random internet browsing, especially abridged series. I hated the original DBZ, but the TFS Abridged version is all kinds of great. When I can spare any time from my new job, and have the energy to do more than just watch or read, I mess around with something associated with TLOK I've written(yes, a fanfic, about the show I like less... lol, whatever.) No games at all, funnily enough.

It's very odd, your main source of entertainment requiring active input rather than passive consumption... and being decidedly less social. But it's something I control completely, not subject to people not showing up ruining my night, or conversely, feeling like I have to go to a raid when I really don't feel like it because I don't want to screw nine other people over. The closest I get to those old feelings is part of me nagging that I need to update my writing, but... job and tired > internets.

Given everything I've heard, read, and seen, and aforesaid limited free time, I don't think an MMO is for me, much less WoW in its current state.

PS: I don't get people arguing how someone disliking something is "wrong". They could not like it because it doesn't have a penguin snowglobe staff anywhere in the game, or no purple winged triceratops mount, but that wouldn't make the fact they dislike the game any less true. Sure, their reason might be dumb, but they're unsubbed nonetheless. And if their reason is dumb, shouldn't you be glad they aren't "polluting your game"...?
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-03-05 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit because wow RP experience is no more. The game homogenized all classes to the point that it doesnt matter what you choose, talent trees tiers are so easy to change on the fly that no spec feels special anymore. You don't talk about your online friend as the "amazing ret" anymore, but as the "paladin" that you are not sure if he is now tanking, or healing or maybe ret. Bring the player not the class kind of backfired in my mind as it ruined the distinct feel of those fantasy classes.
    Also talent trees, i miss them for purely RPG reasons and nostalgia. The old weather effects that made me stay online even when i had nothing to do.
    The fact that the game nowadays is mainly about raiding and nothing else. If you dont like raiding then the whole max level experience is wasted on you.
    The story where you are too much the hero. It already feels like the whole world revolves around me and they wait for me to come and resolve every major war. I may have liked that when i was 8 yrs old, but now i prefer a more interesting, complex story, where i am just a helper, not necessarily the sole savior of the world (along with the other 6 million saviors)
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

I quit about 6 weeks before 6.2 hit, after over 10 years consecutive playing.

I am not sure about the reasons, but I know I was extremely bored while raiding. We were doing quite fine running heroic (mythical) 10 player content before wod - with players I played almost all of those 10 years - , and then the 20 mythic raids caused us to recruit many people before wod. Our progression was fine in Highmaul, and for some raids we had more players than there was place in the heroic group. But when we started mythic and it took more than a dozen attempts for each boss, many freshly recruited people started to leave. Some for better guilds, some just did never turn up again, and some just dissappeared. Others simply underperformed, but unlike earlier times we had no one to replace them, so we stick with them. Since our realm also is close to death, it was not possible to fill up the ranks - which meant we would only progress on heroic.

So when we were not really pushing I was extremely bored at the game. I came late for raids and was afking during trash, something I single handedly kicked people from our guild years ago when we noticed they repeatedly did that. Everything felt so burnt out, sometimes I was looking at the clock and thought "omg another 2 hours to go", and sometimes I even faked a disconnect.

So the only thing that was kind of "fun" for me was that I was creating insane amounts of gold on several servers with my 25+ toons just by investing 10 minutes per day per char while standing in the garrison. So when they announced they would nerf the gold income via the garrison with 6.2, I just stopped playing (like pretty much all of my friends) although I had paid playtime until october. And I cannot even say I had nothing to do, for example I never pushed grinding reputations although this was something I actually liked and did throughout my wow career (for example I had the Wintersaber pre 1.6), but then thinking about that made me yawn.

Overall I'd say it was a classical case of burnout, and I don't think I'm gonna recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The story and lore in Warcraft has always been shitty. The fact that you're just now starting to feel this way only shows that you're maturing and realizing how crappy the lore has always been.
    That's very subjective. I've liked the lore in Warcraft since WCIII, I think it's very creative, and I've read lots of fantasy books.

Deleted
    Yes I do not like these "space"-themes. But mosly I left WoW because wow is about raiding and Pvp for me, and since I am not 16 anylonger I can not spend a lot of time raiding and Pvp is just to chatoic for me, its to many buttons, I cant keep track of 15+ spells and around that number of keybinds, its to much and take the fun out for me

But dont say WoW suck like alot of quiters do, it doesnt, It justn doesnt fit me anymore because my life is different and I enjoy different things now.

I might try raiding again, I might not. I might try Pvp again if I feel it is a bit, easier to get control of.

Deleted
    I left because 16+ garrisons pumping 24/7 burned me.

And its MY fault but it happened.

Now Im playing Marvel Heroes 2016. Basically a Diablo with Marvel characters.

I just quit today after 9 years, after the prepatch I played 12 hours and all 8 level 100 toons were so screwed up I had enough.
    I cancelled my subscription, and called blizzard to cancel my account, downloaded Guild Wars 2 and it's Hella fun.
    A new and exciting game for many years to come.
    Last edited by Don67; 2016-07-21 at 06:28 AM.

Think I am done with raiding if that counts :/

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I left because 16+ garrisons pumping 24/7 burned me.

And its MY fault but it happened.

Now Im playing Marvel Heroes 2016. Basically a Diablo with Marvel characters.
    As crazy as it is it is refreshing not dealing with trying to keep up with or do anything even close to maxing out garrison gold production.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The ever increasing amounts of crazy grinding and ruination of flying killed the game for me.

I replaced WoW with cocaine for a time then went back to WoW.

Raided heroic before Mythic. Game seemed to just become incredibly easy. I didn't feel like raiding was exclusive like it was in Cata.
    3 Oceanic guilds killed Heroic rag 25 man nowadays every guild and their dog has killed Archimonde.

I don't like how their are 4 difficulties for everything, i'd rather they just release challenging content, make a challenging game. I'd rather people work towards getting better in the game instead of the game becoming easier. All the effort i put into mastering my rotation has gone down the drain now as any idiot can do it.

Mounts don't feel prestigous
    PvP is just horrible = MoP duelists are getting Gladiator because the game has simplified so much.

After they gave us Australian servers they never really solved the problem of Aussies getting 300ms when on American servers when we used to get 160.
    Blizzard just suck in general. I haven't played any of their other games and i never will.