Some guy said it's an exploit where immolate is buffed by all warlocks in the raid.

Well I have to say after doing HFC tonight destruction really isn't worth 2 cent untill Legion hits. The damage is really low. The only thing we seem to be good at is cleave and priority targets, but single target and AoE are both complete shit. Single target with movement is like tank levels, well slightly above tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Well I have to say after doing HFC tonight destruction really isn't worth 2 cent untill Legion hits. The damage is really low. The only thing we seem to be good at is cleave and priority targets, but single target and AoE are both complete shit. Single target with movement is like tank levels, well slightly above tanks.
    that doesn't sound good

Do you expect it to change with LEGION?
    (don't forget that other classes level up, gear up and get artifact weapons aswell. So it's not only warlocks benefiting from LEGION expansion!)

Been playing destro past couple days and it is so boring. Basically keep up immolate, use conflag on CD unless capped, cast CB when 4 or 5 shards, spam incinerate. Use Havoc when you can. There is no skill in this at all. You cant really store any CB,no real burst for burn phases since shard regen is slow as hell. It kinda sucks too that you have to set up talents for AoE or ST, not even a gray area of balance between the 2. RoF costs way too much to use. So it kinda feels like Wrath and Cata affliction of tab targeting immolate. I find myself all the time hitting my keybind for FnB and keep trying to SB snipe. There is no way to really do DPS on the move unless you cant immolate ticks.

I hope the game play gets better when we get our artifact weapons and reach 110.

WoD destro was fun. Yes people diss CR but I think it had a great piece to it. It played fast which was fun. It made you think of what you were doing and planning when to use them and to store them. Not sitting on capped embers was a challenge.

I am sitting on 25% haste, 17% crit and 98% mastery, is this a good spot? Maybe I dont have my stats right. I dont know, but destro lost it spark and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Been playing destro past couple days and it is so boring. Basically keep up immolate, use conflag on CD unless capped, cast CB when 4 or 5 shards, spam incinerate. Use Havoc when you can. There is no skill in this at all. You cant really store any CB,no real burst for burn phases since shard regen is slow as hell. It kinda sucks too that you have to set up talents for AoE or ST, not even a gray area of balance between the 2. RoF costs way too much to use. So it kinda feels like Wrath and Cata affliction of tab targeting immolate. I find myself all the time hitting my keybind for FnB and keep trying to SB snipe. There is no way to really do DPS on the move unless you cant immolate ticks.

I hope the game play gets better when we get our artifact weapons and reach 110.

WoD destro was fun. Yes people diss CR but I think it had a great piece to it. It played fast which was fun. It made you think of what you were doing and planning when to use them and to store them. Not sitting on capped embers was a challenge.

I am sitting on 25% haste, 17% crit and 98% mastery, is this a good spot? Maybe I dont have my stats right. I dont know, but destro lost it spark and fire.
    all specs suck without artifact. That's why they give you the artifact as the first thing you do in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Basically keep up immolate, use conflag on CD unless capped, cast CB when 4 or 5 shards, spam incinerate.
    This is literally the short description of playing Destruction that has existed since MoP.

And that's ignoring the part where you didn't say anything about how talents modify gameplay. Roaring Blaze entirely changes how you interact with Immolate and Conflag. Eradication changes how you interact with Chaos Bolt. Channel Demonfire is another button that you have to hit that often overlaps its cooldown with something else you have to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really depends on T18, some classes benefit like crazy from it, for example Demo With T18 and Class Trinket is insane - you literally have an army of demons and crazy output or Fire Mage with Fire Patch.

Destruction simply does not have anything like that (besides immolate exploit/bug). Although Wreck Havoc can give very good results on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    that doesn't sound good

Do you expect it to change with LEGION?
    (don't forget that other classes level up, gear up and get artifact weapons aswell. So it's not only warlocks benefiting from LEGION expansion!)
    Personally I felt good with destruction at max level. The biggest difference is Soul Shard regen there. Atm. it is very slow, but in Legion we get 24-32% crit on immolate from artifact alone which should help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And if you did not do a particularly good job at that... you still were top. That's the point.
    - - - Updated - - -
    This has literally nothing to do with the conversation at hand. Yes, warlocks were obscenely overpowered, but destro also worked and flowed far better than at any other time in any other expansion. The DESIGN of the class was superior in MoP. Whether you were beating anybody else or not has not a single damned thing to do with it and is entirely beside the point; if you were shit, other better locks still made you look like an assclown by comparison. What you're saying doesn't even have a place in the conversation.

MoP destruction FELT good and had a far higher skill cap than this BS they've introduced in Legion (or even WoD), and that is the point he's trying to make. It sure as hell felt a lot better than destruction does on live or in the beta.
    Last edited by Phraun; 2016-07-21 at 04:08 AM.

Why haven't they fixed green fire for the updated spell effects like our flaming hands and incinerate itself?

Are we really going to go into this expansion without burning embers aura, stripped out of all our visuals?

I also hope they change Demonfire to scale according to targets affected, devaluing it with more targets around is just horrible and I really don't want to use soul conduit or the other boring crap in that tier.

I also want to use whatever damn demon I want, not a miserable imp that didn't even receive a meaningful model update. I'm willing to be that a lot of people who are using grimoire of supremacy probably do so because they hate being stuck with an imp or felhunter instead of the pet of their choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

Are we really going to go into this expansion without burning embers aura, stripped out of all our visuals?
    All I kept hearing was they simply hadn't gotten to lock visuals and to wait. Devs won't acknowledge any inquires about it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    all specs suck without artifact. That's why they give you the artifact as the first thing you do in legion.
    Except, as of now, all Warlock specs at 110 w/max out artifact doesn't really improve much. Still bottom of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Except, as of now, all Warlock specs at 110 w/max out artifact doesn't really improve much. Still bottom of the barrel.
    That's yet to be my experience during testing or this weeks raid.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm playing on the live servers and I have a few questions

Is roaring blaze supposed to show up as a buff, a debuff, or change the immolate icon/tooltip? Because.there's no indication for it on the screen(or my screen atleast), and I was also testing out the damage this morning, no pets or anything, just immolate and confelgrate, and I've noticed that immolate had the same ticking damage pre conf and post conf, as if roaring blaze isn't proccing at all

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how exactly should I cast my shadow bolts? Once every time I reach 5 shards or just cast as many as possible at 5 shards?
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    So I'm playing on the live servers and I have a few questions

Is roaring blaze supposed to show up as a buff, a debuff, or change the immolate icon/tooltip? Because.there's no indication for it on the screen(or my screen atleast), and I was also testing out the damage this morning, no pets or anything, just immolate and confelgrate, and I've noticed that immolate had the same ticking damage pre conf and post conf, as if roaring blaze isn't proccing at all

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how exactly should I cast my shadow bolts? Once every time I reach 5 shards or just cast as many as possible at 5 shards?

Chaosbolt, not shadowbolt. You bank your chaosbolt if you're using Eradication (for the damage bonus after each chaos bolt cast). Otherwise there's really little point in banking your chaosbolts unless you're expecting trinket procs.

Basically, cast chaos bolt at 4 shards for the Eradication procs, if you got 5 shards and expect a conflagrate charge to go up soon, then you can wait for that as you'll get 3 chaos bolt casts. In between those casts you also want to snapshot immolate renewals and Demonfire if you're using that.

If you're using anything besides eradication, then obviously you're not playing around that mechanic.

Deleted
    So guys what are are your experiences of 7.0 so far with destruction? Is it good? Are the mages still #1 in every raid? Feel dps too low of wls?

@Ji-tae Destro seems a bit weak in 7.0, it's kind of in that same place it was where its still all about bursting adds and priority targets. But everything in the raid got nerfed to crap so having that high ST spec is overshadowing it since people are just speed killing bosses still.

Demo is doing absolutely silly ST because of the set bonus / trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Ji-tae Destro seems a bit weak in 7.0, it's kind of in that same place it was where its still all about bursting adds and priority targets. But everything in the raid got nerfed to crap so having that high ST spec is overshadowing it since people are just speed killing bosses still.

Demo is doing absolutely silly ST because of the set bonus / trinket.
    thx for your answer.

Yeah I've heard about Demo. Do you think warlocks in general (affl/destryo/demo), without the OP T18 set bonus, have a secured spot in a raid or are overshadowed by other casters and might be a less desired dps to take with in LEGION?

I was somewhere in the top 5 of dps in basically every testing I did not using any cheese or set bonuses and I raiding in a us top 10 guild so I'm not exactly raiding with incompetent people.

Warlocks have literally always been a solid class, honestly that's true of all pures. I'd recommend not getting caught up in the "the sky is falling" of the beginning of xpac cycle that happens with literally every single xpac. Play what you enjoy playing, it'll be fine unless you're in a really toxic guild who doesn't know better.

But the sky is literally falling this expac =)

Yeah, but with fel... which is kind of our thing.