Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    It makes no sense. It's Trump's convention. He's got control over it. If you attacked someone's wife's looks, accused his dad of being in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald, and called them Lyin' Ted 10,00 times in front of every camera in every state for 4 months, why in the world would expect that he would have anything good to say about you.
    I think it's a function of Manafort not running a campaign in a democracy since 1976. The campaign is a fucking clown show. They have lost the narrative each day of this convention. Pence must be livid. First the Interview and introduction as the VP candidate which was a disaster. And now the Cruz debacle. And Trump claims he hires the best and brightest and his business skills will save the country. What a joke.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I think it's a function of Manafort not running a campaign in a democracy since 1976. The campaign is a fucking clown show. They have lost the narrative each day of this convention. Pence must be livid. First the Interview and introduction as the VP candidate which was a disaster. And now the Cruz debacle. And Trump claims he hires the best and brightest and his business skills will save the country. What a joke.
    Exactly. Tonight was supposed to be about Pence. Trump says that he saw Cruz's speech two hours before, and let him speak anyway. I've heard reports of people saying the boos on the floor were coordinated, but if Trump planned for this thing to work out this way, I can't see the logic behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I am beginning to believe the folks who think Trump wants to lose.
    Don't say that. Please don't say that. I've never wanted to see anyone be crushed with disappointment the way I want to see him crushed with disappointment.

Cruz is such a grifter. Everyone says how much of a con Trump is but Cruz is the real con. Trump is extremely good at reading peoples weaknesses and exploiting them.

I believe everything trump said about ted cruz, everything.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-07-21 at 07:01 AM.

It makes no sense. It's Trump's convention. He's got control over it. If you attacked someone's wife's looks, accused his dad of being in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald, and called them Lyin' Ted 10,00 times in front of every camera in every state for 4 months, why in the world would expect that he would have anything good to say about you.
    For such occasions, Josh Marshall of TPM has provided the world a service by creating a corollary to Hanlon's Razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" - that's been re-branded as Trump's Razor by John Scalzi: When it comes to Trump, the stupidest possible scenario that could be reconciled with the available facts almost always turns out to be right.

According to a bunch of sources, Cruz read from the same speech that had been embargoed for publication but made available to the press for at least two hours before he delivered it, and the Trump campaign had access to it before the press did. They probably just didn't bother to read it, either because there's too much in-fighting between Trump's kids, Manafort, and the RNC for the campaign to run anywhere in the same galaxy as "smoothly," or because they didn't think it was important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I believe everything trump said about ted cruz, everything.

Last edited by Kontinuum; 2016-07-21 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Trump is extremely good at reading peoples weaknesses and exploiting them.
    Whenever an idiot gets successful for some reason, people say "oh well he can't be an idiot because he's successful, look at him do this". Always that person conclusively proves themselves to be a fucking idiot on multiple occassions. Idiots do often become very successful. Their insights should not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Whenever an idiot gets successful for some reason, people say "oh well he can't be an idiot because he's successful, look at him do this". Always that person conclusively proves themselves to be a fucking idiot on multiple occassions. Idiots do often become very successful. Their insights should not be trusted.
    You act like he was up against noobs. Trump faced the aristocracy machine and destroyed it. Most of the people he faced were groomed by the elites to answer different challenges. Controlled opposition was stacked and trump blew right through the charade. Ted cruz was goldman sachs last important republican stooge in the 2016 presidential election. Now trump must face the goldman sachs democrat stooge Hillary clintong for the gold medal.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-07-21 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like he was up against noobs. Trump faced the aristocracy machine and destroyed it. Most of the people he faced were groomed by the elites to answer different challenges. Controlled opposition was stacked and trump blew right through the charade. Ted cruz was goldman sachs last important republican stooge in the 2016 presidential election. Now trump must face the goldman sachs democrat stooge Hillary clintong for the gold medal.
    What makes you think that Trump's policies would be inherently hostile to Goldman Sachs, considering that his primary interest is going to be in protecting his business ventures? IT really does seem like there's a repetitive delusion about Trump being good because "he's not being bought by business and thus doesn't cater to his interest" when he is big business, and he's going to cater to his own interests like he has done his entire life.

You act like he was up against noobs. Trump faced the aristocracy machine and destroyed it.
    Really? and when, exactly, was this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    What makes you think that Trump's policies would be inherently hostile to Goldman Sachs, considering that his primary interest is going to be in protecting his business ventures? IT really does seem like there's a repetitive delusion about Trump being good because "he's not being bought by business and thus doesn't cater to his interest" when he is big business, and he's going to cater to his own interests like he has done his entire life.
    I've been saying this forever - electing Donald Dump to be President to fix Corporate Meddling in our Government is exactly the same thing as electing Osama Bin Laden to be President to stop Islamic Terrorism.

It's insane, absolutely insane to think anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye Ted Cruz. Let the door slam on ya many many many times on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    At least until his guaranteed "I told you so" day.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least until his guaranteed "I told you so" day.
    I dont care bout that. I want the door to slam on him many many many times.

goddam zodiac killer....

Exactly. Tonight was supposed to be about Pence. Trump says that he saw Cruz's speech two hours before, and let him speak anyway. I've heard reports of people saying the boos on the floor were coordinated, but if Trump planned for this thing to work out this way, I can't see the logic behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't say that. Please don't say that. I've never wanted to see anyone be crushed with disappointment the way I want to see him crushed with disappointment.
    It's Trump , what logic do you need? Or think even exists? His ego can not, will not, allow for someone else to have the spotlight for a few hours, let alone an entire night.

If Pence is livid, sucks to be him. If he wasn't aware this was going to happen he's either in denial or too stupid to function as a normal human being. Either way this is the shit that happens when you sell whatever principles you claim to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    How adorable. You think Trump is going to be hostile to monied interests because "he isn't bought".
    Did you miss the first debate where he bragged to Jeb Bush about buying him with donations for favorable decisions regarding business ventures in Florida?

Voting for Tump isn't fighting the corporatists, you're just cutting out the middle man.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-07-21 at 11:52 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Really? and when, exactly, was this?
    Trump beat the brother of the most unpopular President in living memory, ergo he's just like Robespierre.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Everyone should vote their conscience."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

What?
    Eat yo vegetables

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Amen. Him, Bush, Rubio and Graham are classless pledge breakers. Which their opponents , should they run for reelection or a new office, can use against them. By breaking their pledge, it shows how dishonorable and childish they are.

I have much more respect for Rick Perry and Scott Walker now. They at least kept their pledge.

Deleted
    A bit late, sorry if it was embedded before, but TYT day 3 summary:

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    "Everyone should vote their conscience."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

What?
    It means some people wont vote for Trump, thats means they are obvious ultra-PC cucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    It's Trump , what logic do you need? Or think even exists? His ego can not, will not, allow for someone else to have the spotlight for a few hours, let alone an entire night.

If Pence is livid, sucks to be him. If he wasn't aware this was going to happen he's either in denial or too stupid to function as a normal human being. Either way this is the shit that happens when you sell whatever principles you claim to have.
    Well, no I don't need any logic, it was just an expression. And I really don't care about Pence's feelings, sorry if that was the impression that I gave. I was just marveling at the Trump campaign's ability to come up with new ways to show their complete ineptitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Amen. Him, Bush, Rubio and Graham are classless pledge breakers. Which their opponents , should they run for reelection or a new office, can use against them. By breaking their pledge, it shows how dishonorable and childish they are.

I have much more respect for Rick Perry and Scott Walker now. They at least kept their pledge.
    We'll see how many keep their pledges when Trump is losing by 20 points in October.