Poll: Do you like Liberalism? (PUBLIC POLL)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whats wrong with Liberalism? Do you like it?

Whats wrong with being open to change? Whats wrong with evolving? Its in our nature. We change everyday, at every second. Being open to new values and ideals makes you revolutionize tomorrow, once people have noticed change being the subject in several places [such as having minorities as main characters and the majority as side/minor characters] people will be more open and loving about it. If you stay at one place for too long, things eventually will go down hill [look at this election and stuff going on!]. Equality, Rights for all and etc is MANDATORY in a country like America. Do you like Liberalism?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2016-07-21 at 09:09 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, because liberals act nothing like the definition you provided.

I'm sure many Russian peasants liked the idea of communism in paper.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for liberally fiscal policies, but I am socially conservative.

Deleted
    Almost everything.

No I don't.

Family values, tradition, decency, and self-interest are all mutually exclusive with modern liberalism. And that's just some of the social stuff.

Stability and order is what keeps things going, not reckless change for the sake of it.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-21 at 09:20 PM.

nothing inherently. and yes, I don't have any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Being open to new values and ideals makes you revolutionize tomorrow.
    Sums up why modern liberalism is wrong.

Equality, Rights for all
    Really just leftist principles. Liberalism can transcend equality in favor of change and "revolution". Not that equality is a good thing in itself anyway.

If anything people gravitate towards simplicity and constancy and stability. They largely don't want reckless change like liberals are comfortable with.

Deleted
    OP, you are defining liberalism in the US sense as essentially the antithesis of conservatism - being open to change as opposed to wanting to conserve what we have. Both philosophies have their attractions - what we have is often the wisdom of ages, but change is often required as we need to adapt to new discoveries and other changes in our environment.

In the European sense, liberalism is about maximising freedoms (reaching its extreme in libertarianism). This meaning is more true to the origin of the word, deriving from liberty. It always amuses me to see American conservatives rail against liberalism and simultaneously chant in favour of freedom. They've surrendered such a good word. It's remarkable they have given it such negative associations.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like change for the sake of change, I only like improvement. "Social progress" has never been worth much in terms of helping society, it has mainly been about science-tech advancements that reduce scarcity.

As long as Liberalism in the US is just strong enough to cancel out Conservatism, I could care less. I have a fortune to make and multiple Chapter 11s to file!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'd like to find out who these people are that advocate "change for the sake of change" because I keep hearing about them, but they don't seem to exist anywhere I look.
    People like Obama create vague memes regarding "change" without understanding that change can often be bad. Once the word association sets in a lot of people start thinking anything different must be better than what we have now.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-21 at 09:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Liberalism isn't bad on paper.

It's how it is executed I utterly hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not all change is for the better. Modern Liberalism seems to be getting increasingly crazier every year, focusing on petty and insignificant things instead of doing any good.

#trumpyourself is everything wrong with liberalism today. It's gossip bullshit, literally 'he said, she said' being used as some sort of way to justify why you should go along with their party instead of the opposition.

It uses stereotyping and analytics to pick out things that might apply to you based on your appearance, which... I dunno, I've been told that's a naughty, naughty thing to do.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not all change is for the better. Modern Liberalism seems to be getting increasingly crazier every year, focusing on petty and insignificant things instead of doing any good.
    Was about to post this.

Change for the sake of change is hardly ever a good thing. If there's a problem then sure, but if it's only a perceived problem and there's really nothing wrong then change can/will be damaging.

liberalism in and of itself isnt enough to protect the poor in the world. it is in many cases a far to right wing ideology to protect the poor in the world

But it is better than conservatism which just look to bring back the baron that owns everything and the rest of us are just slaves to the top 0.001%

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh, you mean the American understanding of Liberalism, which is like... The complete opposite of what liberalism actually means. Christ, America, it's like sometimes, you just want to be *that* guy...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'd like to find out who these people are that advocate "change for the sake of change" because I keep hearing about them, but they don't seem to exist anywhere I look.
    The diversity cheerleaders exemplify this pretty well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    OP, you are defining liberalism in the US sense as essentially the antithesis of conservatism - being open to change as opposed to wanting to conserve what we have. Both philosophies have their attractions - what we have is often the wisdom of ages, but change is often required as we need to adapt to new discoveries and other changes in our environment.

In the European sense, liberalism is about maximising freedoms (reaching its extreme in libertarianism). This meaning is more true to the origin of the word, deriving from liberty. It always amuses me to see American conservatives rail against liberalism and simultaneously chant in favour of freedom. They've surrendered such a good word. It's remarkable they have given it such negative associations.
    It's downright hilarious, since THEY are the true liberals, and by this, I mean the REAL definition of liberal, not the American topsy-turny understanding of the term.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's downright hilarious, since THEY are the true liberals, and by this, I mean the REAL definition of liberal, not the American topsy-turny understanding of the term.
    The joys of having someone hijack the meaning of something.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Do conservatives think the status quo is great, or the past was better than what we have now? Because those are some specious opinions.