Reserved Major Character Names

So a while back when they did the name purge it was discovered that you could get normally disallowed names like Thrall, Sylvanas, Voljin. Did they ever fix that? I'd like to delete my placeholder Sylvanas character and grab the name again, but I'm afraid it will be unavailable like it used to be.

Just post some videos and pictures somewhere and go ahead and do it.

UNLESS the character is already the right class, then race/faction change if you care enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    So a while back when they did the name purge it was discovered that you could get normally disallowed names like Thrall, Sylvanas, Voljin. Did they ever fix that? I'd like to delete my placeholder Sylvanas character and grab the name again, but I'm afraid it will be unavailable like it used to be.
    If you get reported you'll have to change it anyways. I would just try deleting it, remaking, and holding onto it as long as possible.

Well, I was able to answer my own question - found a character named Thrall I had made on a different realm. Deleted him and when I went to recreate, "That name is unavailable". So beware!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually would've hoped the main names to be locked away at least.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I actually would've hoped the main names to be locked away at least.
    as well as all the variations, you know the type
    xxThrallxx
    ArathasDK

etc

Not only is that bug fixed, but i got warned for having the names medivh, arthas and alexstraza (on the alexstraza realm ). I'd never actually logged on the characters who's names i was warned for, so it seems like sometimes they detect things like this somehow. I wasn't warned for having the names sylvanas or thrall oddly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    as well as all the variations, you know the type
    xxThrallxx
    ArathasDK

etc
    Oh god, 'ArthasDK' (etc) reminds me of Wrath Launch
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I knew a guy in TBC who named his character Jaina with some accent above i, one day he got force renamed by Blizzard (his new name became Lyvaina). Running around with wow lore character's name was always risky.

I got Maraad, spent $10 on a name change, $25 on a race change to Draenei, and never played that character again...that toon was my main until the catastrophe of an expansion that was MoP.

Its sad that we cant have major characters names.

One exception to this rule is name Jaina. You can create character with that name if someone doesn't have it on your server. I myself have it on my 100 mage. I play almost a year on it.

Only problem with names like this is that you can get reported by stupid people and Blizzard will force you to change names. I think forcing name change shouldn't be a thing unless its warranted. Especially when you own character with Unavailable name.

I tried to name my hunter pet bronson, one of them shovel tusk things (ugly af) that are A new pet addition in the pre-patch. Anyways, it told me the name was reserved? Any Bronson floating around in all that lore stuff? Haha
    Last edited by ChaBear; 2016-07-24 at 10:30 AM.