Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played beta Legion and there is no doubt Legion>WOD

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good job OP, you judge an expansion based on a fraction of a pre-patch. Having played the beta I can tell you you are as wrong as you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Then take a break. Complaining will do almost nothing at this point with it being so close to release.

The classes aren't dead, and the game isn't dead. Things change, get 'better' or 'worse' and then everything changes all over again for 'better' or 'worse'. People will always have something to complain about with a new expansion. The expansions keep coming though. You either enjoy the game enough to sub to it & play the content despite the changes or you don't play through much of the content. If I could stomach being an RBG target caller as an elemental shaman, before the ability to cast LB while moving, in a pvp guild before yolos were ever a thing and still enjoy my class and the game I don't see why you couldn't at least try. Change sometimes sucks, but it is solely up to you to decide if the change will break your enjoyment of the 'hobby' or not.
    You said fifteen trivial things which nobody contests.

The points of the complaints are:

1. Changes to specs are very hit and miss. Specs did NOT become better. A natural question: why the hell did they waste time on those changes then? If you suggest that we wait for 110 / full artifacts / whatever, fine, let's wait - I can assure you it's not better there, at least for PVP, but alright, let's wait. But what we see now is NOT GOOD.

2. Other changes are small and of them there are several super-stupid ones. Example 1: camera angle. Example 2: automatic silence by request of players. If you suggest that we wait until they fix or change these things, again, fine, let's wait. But what we see now is NOT GOOD again.

And no, it doesn't have to be like this. Prepatches and changes are supposed to be good, not bad. This time they are mostly either meh or bad. I mean, thanks for the transmog system, that's about it, and the topic of the new transmog system has been milked for two years now.

The end.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-22 at 10:24 AM.

Leveling is absolutely pointless. Basically we gain new skills through our weapon but leveling up we gain nothing. Artifact weapons is an absolute horrid idea. My brother and I planned on healing together in raids so for dungeons one of us has to go dps or tank, but since we rely on artifact traits when we reach mythic dungeons the one with an off spec will greatly fall behind. Awful design.In Beta I couldn't even bring myself to test much because there's no way I would want to do this shit twice With that and garrisons 2.0 mission table (something that adds absolutely nothing to this video game entertainment value) and 7 day of wait time nonsense to unlock class hall perks, I feel like I'll spend most of my time dragging through the filler cap just to get to the content I'll actually enjoy. And class balance went to shit, especially when it comes to healing. Their design philosophy is that they want healers to depend of Dps avoiding damage (good luck with that) and no matter how skilled of a healer you are you can't out heal bad because you'll go oom and be absolutely useless. And since spirit is gone in raids you have to throttle your heals or you'll be oom when the boss is just at 80%. Absolute trash. Real boring too tbh. WoD might end up being better than Legion. And I consider WoD to be shit. If it weren't for the new dungeon modes and the interesting raids I wouldn't touch Legion.

Lol you people are cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it will be possibly worse than WOD but it will still be better than any other action rpg I can think of. It was made by the same team. I already hate all the ability pruning.
    Uhm... WoW isn't an action rpg.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by BetoClinn View Post
    ... and 7 day of wait time nonsense to unlock class hall perks, I feel like I'll spend most of my time dragging through the filler cap just to get to the content I'll actually enjoy.
    Worst of all, you know why they have these things? So that you stay subbed and paying for longer.

That's the Blizzard way: instead of doing, I don't know, a set of procedurally generated instances (that's just an example, I can fill a page with what they could have done) which you could play for a long time, they'll just slap 7 days wait here, 7 days wait there, an additional difficulty mode for instances, an additional difficulty mode for raids, take away flying and require you to kiss all squirrels for a hundred times to get it back, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    There are a ton of cool mounts, the lore seems awesome for most, gold shouldn't be handed out that easily, go and learn how to play AH if you want gold. The only problem is some class speccs, not all of them are bad. You are plainly wrong because everything that made WoD bad was reversed for legion with a 180 degree turn and made awesome.
    Garrisons < Much better Order halls,
    No world content < Tons of world content,
    No meaningful progression outside raids < Titanforged, Mythic dungeons,
    Lots of mount reskins/boring mounts in game< Impressive mounts like Storm Dragons, Infernals, Spider, Rat, Fel core hound, Fox and more, along with some amazing looking skins like the purple hippogryph or the nightmare moose, compared to fugly boar recolors and gronn recolors.
    Boring lore that could as well not exist (WoD) < Meaningful lore directly related to characters we all know and love (Legion).
    Worst patch content ever (WoD) < A solid patch release plan for Legion, similar to the amazing MoP one.
    You are just bored of the game, just quit and stop whining. People who aren't all gloomy and negative about WoW like me have more than 10-15 reasons to find Legion exciting as fuck. And no, I didn't start playing in WoD.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legion is essentially WoD 2.0, all the problems are still there, some are even worse than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    Whine whine whine. Making gold was too easy in WoD. Hence the goldsink of the 2mil mounts in Legion. If you can't afford a sub, your problems are greater than not being able to play a video game.

Lore - Snore. Only emogoth nerds care about that shit.

LOL you srsly complaining about a COLOUR?

GTFO noob.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...how did you ever make gold from Classic to MoP?
    People largely DIDN'T make gold from Classic to MoP, compared to the absolute amount they could push buttons for in WoD.

The WoD gold reward design was an explosion of inflation waiting to happen. The key point is that (unlike expansion-specific currencies) gold doesn't reset between expansions, so if newcomers aren't to be left as second class citizens the gold earning potential in the new expansion has to be even larger. The other problem with gold was it wasn't BoP, so there was incentive to make, and grind with, dozens of alts.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Legion is essentially WoD 2.0, all the problems are still there, some are even worse than before.
    Complete and utter nonsense, without anything to back it up.

Deleted
    Having more fun in prepatch than I've had in WoD. I'm "enjoying" PvP for the first time since I don't even know when. And that's with classes still not balanced properly due to artifacts and no PvP talents yet. I can go into PvP with my shitty geared character and it doesn't matter for shit. FINALLY. I dunno, I'm savoring this right now atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    From what I'm seeing in the pre-patch right now, it's going to be much much worse.

I can't fathom how much they dumbed down the classes, It was fun to play most of them because they are new now, but I instantaneously felt their limit. It's so incredibly easy to perform at the limit of a classes capability I feel there is no way left for good players to distinguish them from worse players. I've been playing wow on and off for 10 years now, but this is the end, after playing for a few hours I logged of deinstalled wow and cancelled my pre-order on legion.
    You mean people watching something like arena esports event can actually fathom what's going on now? PogChamp
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm... WoW isn't an action rpg.
    But it's getting close to being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You mean people watching something like arena esports event can actually fathom what's going on now? PogChamp
    so now they can - yay - only so what if most casses feel so boring to play now - you have literaly 4-5 button rotation + 1-2 cds dmg cds and 1-2 def cds - and then number would be maybe fine if those abilities werent so damn ...boring . the guting hit hard not because of removal of many buttons but becuase most classes have now nice effect but are boring like hell to play if you played them before- maybe it will appeal to younger playerbase but for me its boooooring

Love this guy.
    When I have no ingame currency - I won't play this game. And it's Blizzard's fault! So, hey, Blizzard, you'd better keep that gold torrent running, otherwise you lose me.
    I hate to break it to you, but you are currently of no value to the company.

Op what the hell are you talking about? Pre patch barely got off the ground this is phase 1 events didn't even begin yet. Yes gold making as you elude to was nerfed. But they do that even expansion. Find new ways to profit off new profession recipes. Complaining about the color green that's ridiculous. There are new mounts in legion and more are coming some not yet announced so how do you know if it'll be less than other expansions when all is said and done? Your complaints are frivolous.

Deleted
    I honestly don´t know why people are thinking that the days of "Alt-golding" over a mission table, are over in Legion, because they aren´t.
    I have seen in a thread in these forums, screens from beta of those gold missions in Legion, and the gold quantity you get from them is more than enough to justify keeping doing those missions with a lot of alts.
    Look, as long as doing those missions, are gonna grant anyone enough gold in one month for buying 3 or more tokens, people are gonna keep doing them; sure in absolute terms you will not get such a high "nominal" quantity of gold, but the token prices will adjust to the new "nominal" gold income people get from the order halls, unless there is no gold or tradeable goods(for relevant sums of gold) rewarding missions, it is gonna be the same as in wod, and a lot of people are gonna keep "alt-golding" the new halls.
    They should completely remove these missions, or make it so that doing them with more than 5 alts, it is not gonna give you enough gold for a token in one month, because otherwise nothing will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I honestly don´t know why people are thinking that the days of "Alt-golding" over a mission table, are over in Legion, because they aren´t.
    I have seen in a thread in these forums, screens from beta of those gold missions in Legion, and the gold quantity you get from them is more than enough to justify keeping doing those missions with a lot of alts.
    Look, as long as doing those missions, are gonna grant anyone enough gold in one month for buying 3 or more tokens, people are gonna keep doing them; sure in absolute terms you will not get such a high "nominal" quantity of gold, but the token prices will adjust to the new "nominal" gold income people get from the order halls, unless there is no gold or tradeable goods(for relevant sums of gold) rewarding missions, it is gonna be the same as in wod, and a lot of people are gonna keep "alt-golding" the new halls.
    They should completely remove these missions, or make it so that doing them with more than 5 alts, it is not gonna give you enough gold for a token in one month, because otherwise nothing will change.
    LOL you get like 50 or 75 gold from occasional gold missions in Legion.
    It completely pales to the rewards you get from just doing daily world quest caches.
    It's tiny fluff that doesn't amount to anything remotely near as profitable and therefore "mandatory" as in Legion.

You also don't have Treasure missions, or follower traits for those. It's simply apples and oranges.

Yes, people with 11 characters (like myself) will probably send missions if they're playing anyway. However, Order Resources are valuable - and far better invested into things like Artifact Knowledge and the Class Order campaign missions. And if an occasional 50 gold mission squeaks in there, it's irrelevant.