Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

BLM prevent elderly man from using the sidewalk because he has "white priviledge"

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

A) Posted previously.

B) Now he's gone from old to "elderly". What's the headline next time this comes up, "geriatric patient physically intimidated by racists"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    A) Posted previously.

B) Now he's gone from old to "elderly". What's the headline next time this comes up, "geriatric patient physically intimidated by racists"?
    Isn't old and elderly the same thing?

The guy does look like he is at least in his 60's if not 70's.

Even the term "geriatric" is an apt description according to the dictionary.

All relating to someone of old age.

Can you explain why words that have the same meaning are making you upset and triggering you?
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2016-07-22 at 03:09 PM.

I thought the Tea party was dumb but they take stupid to a whole new level haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    *snip*
    You seem obsessed with the word triggered.

Anywho, different words have different connotations even if the dictionary definitions are similar. Old can mean any number of ages and physical states. Elderly usually means they're starting to get on the feeble side, and geriatric invokes images of walkers, hospital beds, that sort of thing.

Guy seems plenty able-bodied, he's not some helpless geezer.

this was posted and closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you see who won that battle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Isn't old and elderly the same thing?

The guy does look like he is at least in his 60's if not 70's.

Even the term "geriatric" is an apt description according to the dictionary.

All relating to someone of old age.

Can you explain why words that have the same meaning are making you upset and triggering you?
    Standard liberal rhetoric, talk down something that has nothing to do with the topic to try to change it from the obvious problem. BLM is a HATE group and nothing more with no real basis in reality or on real facts. Only on black people feeling bad for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forcing people off the sidewalk regardless of age is a shitty thing. Good to see they're keeping up appearances though.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    You seem obsessed with the word triggered.

Anywho, different words have different connotations even if the dictionary definitions are similar. Old can mean any number of ages and physical states. Elderly usually means they're starting to get on the feeble side, and geriatric invokes images of walkers, hospital beds, that sort of thing.

Guy seems plenty able-bodied, he's not some helpless geezer.
    I rarely if ever have used that term.

Why would you chose to spend your time to be so familiar with my posts, that if I did use a certain term you would remember the amount of times I used the term?

That is really disturbing and creepy.

Back on topic, if you chose to see words with different connotations, and the extent those words take on new meaning, by all means you are welcome to it. However, reality and the English language says otherwise.

Civil rights movements often work by inconveniencing people. Obviously being polite and quiet hasn't had any effect on the problems black lives matter is trying to change.

guess how many media report will this cause if it was a group of white kids prevent an elderly black man from using the sidewalks

15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say a whole lot about this topic, but I just get carried away as this frustrates the crap out of me... Over the top hypocritical behaviour.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    this was posted and closed
    Didn't realize, but I'm not surprised it was closed when you have moderators like Endus running wild here
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Civil rights movements often work by inconveniencing people. Obviously being polite and quiet hasn't had any effect on the problems black lives matter is trying to change.
    And pissing people off is a good way to get them to sympathize with you and win them over? If anything all you do is draw more hate to yourself and your organization

"I dont know what the problem is and how to solve the problem, so I will just mess with innocent folks to get some attention." 10/10

That is really disturbing and creepy.
    Who are you trying to pander to? We aren't on stage, you don't have to play games to "win the approval of the masses".
    Back on topic, if you chose to see words with different connotations, and the extent those words take on new meaning, by all means you are welcome to it. However, reality and the English language says otherwise.
    Are you not college-educated? Here's the basics of connotation and denotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And pissing people off is a good way to get them to sympathize with you and win them over? If anything all you do is draw more hate to yourself and your organization
    The first civil rights movement pissed people off enough that they were murdering participants.

Civil rights movements often work by inconveniencing people.
    They had a good message to go along with it, BLM doesn't.

Obviously being polite and quiet hasn't had any effect on the problems black lives matter is trying to change.
    They're trying to change stuff that mostly doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They had a good message to go along with it, BLM doesn't.

They're trying to change stuff that mostly doesn't exist.
    Right, black people are treated equally and fairly by police...