Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So.

Genuine question here. Does anyone ACTUALLY find Melissa McCarthy funny? Like, she was alright as a side role in Gilmore Girls, but as a comedic actress, I find her to be entirely a flop.
    I think she can be funny, but she generally relies on playing the same role over and over again.

In Ghostbusters I think she's the one person whose actually trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So.

Genuine question here. Does anyone ACTUALLY find Melissa McCarthy funny? Like, she was alright as a side role in Gilmore Girls, but as a comedic actress, I find her to be entirely a flop.
    None of these 4 chaps can be called comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The worst thing I've seen her in was spy with Jason Statham.
    Jesus that was awful.
    Just youtube the statham scenes and be on your way with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    God this movie was bad, I half feel asleep watching it
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like her and I find her funny. I also loved the movie Spy

- - - Updated - - -

They are Comedians, though... not just actors.
    But they are not.

Deleted
    I believe the point was that one has to be funny to be called a comedian. I think that's what he was going for. Whether they are funny or not, of course, is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They are. They all started as comedians.

- - - Updated - - -

Melissa McCarthy - "Her career started with stand-up comedy. McCarthy is an alumna of The Groundlings, an improvisational and sketch comedy troupe based in Los Angeles, California."

Kristen Wiig - "Kristen dropped out of school at 19 and relocated to Los Angeles to act while working odd jobs to support herself. She performed with Empty Stage Comedy Theatre and with The Groundlings."

Kate McKinnon - "As a child, McKinnon played the piano, cello, and guitar. She graduated from North Shore High School in 2002 and from Columbia University in 2006 with a theater major, where she co-founded a comedy group, Tea Party, which focused on musical improv comedy. Since 2008, she has performed live sketch comedy regularly at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in New York City."

Leslie Jones - "Jones started to do stand-up comedy in college in 1987, when a friend signed her up for a "Funniest Person on Campus" contest."
    What part of they are not comedians you do not understand?
    How should i spell it for you?

In order to be a comedian you actually have to be funny on all levels not just cringe retard look a like like all 4 of them.
    They are worthless and i cannot fotm that they have a fan base at all.
    Yes i said it they are worthless and it is sad that people find this abominations fun in anything they do........

Again they are not comedians they are just dumb cringe people with no taste of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post

In order to be a comedian you actually have to be funny on all levels not just cringe retard look a like like all 4 of them.
    Yes i said it they are worthless and it is sad that people find this abominations fun in anything they do........

Again they are not comedians they are just dumb cringe people with no taste of comedy.
    Some people do find them funny. Their comedy is usually not for me but they have more people who like them than hate them.

10+ Year Old Account

So... in order to be a comedian, you have to appeal to everyone - is what you are saying.

There must be very few comedians in the world then.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

So you have an equal level of hate for, say, Chris Katan, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider? Or are you going to argue these guys are actually funny?

Why?

Oh wait, determining whether a comedian is funny is fairly subjective.

Deleted

One persons cringe is another persons comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So you have an equal level of hate for, say, Chris Katan, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider? Or are you going to argue these guys are actually funny?

Why?

Oh wait, determining whether a comedian is funny is fairly subjective.
    Idk who Chris Katan is.
    Rest are just as awful as the lady's i mentioned above.

Good comedy is liked by every one therefor an actual comedian can make even the most skeptical and uptight people laugh these 4 can deffo not do that.

Deleted
    Idk who Chris Katan is.
    Rest are just as awful as the lady's i mentioned above.

Good comedy is liked by every one therefor an actual comedian can make even the most skeptical and uptight people laugh these 4 can deffo not do that.
    There is no comedian or comedy film that is liked by everyone.

Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There is no comedian or comedy film that is liked by everyone.

Not one.
    That is not an argument there is more to comedy then just movies..

Deleted
    That is not an argument there is more to comedy then just movies..
    Yeah, thats why I said comedian.

The point stands.

Yeah, thats why I said comedian.

The point stands.
    No point stands.
    Comedian is supposed to be funny to all and every one if they are not they are just an actor trying to be funny.
    There are comedians that are fun for every one and every one who says otherwise is lying.

Chris Rock for example is one of them.
    He is funny regardless of what he does because he is actually a Comedian unlike those 4 chavs.

No point stands.
    Comedian is supposed to be funny to all and every one if they are not they are just an actor trying to be funny.
    There are comedians that are fun for every one and every one who says otherwise is lying.
    This is the most hilarious opinion I have ever seen. You don't need universal appeal in order to be a comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This is the most hilarious opinion I have ever seen. You don't need universal appeal in order to be a comedian.
    You do otherwise you are just a joke not a comedian.
    Aka look at the Ghostbusters reboot lul horrible movie based on 4 chavs that have nothing to do with comedy even tough they are supposed to be comedians.

Deleted
    No point stands.

Chris Rock for example is one of them.
    He is funny regardless of what he does because he is actually a Comedian unlike those 4 chavs.
    Right, well your wrong.

Thats not my opinion, thats fact.

Right, well your wrong.

Thats not my opinion, thats fact.
    No it isn't there is no such thing as been wrong.
    Everything is subjective to a point of view there for no one is wrong by omission.

Try harder next time.