Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Spoilers Inside!] New WoW Comic Spoils Next Expansion!?

So at the end of the new Anduin comic there is a page... A very special page. Out of the blue.

Anduin as an old man wearing armor with a draenic flair - crystal shoulders and all that. Inside Exoder on a throne.
    With Prophet Velen exclaiming "The Light will triumph over Shadow this day."

What are your thoughts? Will Velen stay on Azeroth contrary to what he said in a specific quest in Legion?
    -
    Or will Azeroth be destroyed and that's why Anduin sits in the Exodar on his Throne instead of Stormwind?
    -
    Or are they on Argus?

What are your thoughts?

It says many many years later. Since it has lorewise been something like 7 years from vanilla until now, that may happen in expansion 264, not the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It says many many years later. Since it has lorewise been something like 7 years from vanilla until now, that may happen in expansion 264, not the next expansion
    Yes that's right - however sometimes a "timeskip" can occur in works of fiction - especially if they're really good
    I don't know if you are familiar with On Piece but one of the most prominent timeskips happened there. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Return_to_Sabaody_Arc

I was thinking maybe after we drive the Legion back an "Era of Peace" will come for 9 years. However, Warcraft can not exist in peace. Thus we skip 9 years in the next expansion and fast forward to the next one.

Alternatively, it will be an upcoming expansion and these 9 years will be filled with nice additional expansions until we arrive at that date :P

Man, imagine Azeroth being destroyed and everyone moving to another planet. While controversial and highly unlikely, it's a very cool idea.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

makes sense to go to different planets like argus, i mean even a 2nd grade story teller can realize they cant keep popping massive landmasses and islands on azeroth whom the characters have never even heard existed before

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin had grey hair, I SERIOUSLY doubt this is next expansion.

That's like 30 years down the road.

Blizz may be setting up Warcraft 4 at this point, which should be more concerning than anything else.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    makes sense to go to different planets like argus, i mean even a 2nd grade story teller can realize they cant keep popping massive landmasses and islands on azeroth whom the characters have never even heard existed before
    Azshara, N'Zoth, Void-Lords...Enough stuff that hasn't been revealed yet. Zandalar, Tel'Abim, Kul Tiras....there is enough stuff still there. Heck they could make Zandalar a whole expansion if they wanted to. And there is this whole "The Other Side of Azeroth"-Thing, still waiting to be revealed. There is plenty of stuff to do in Azeroth, no need to go to Argus yet.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This goes back to my theory of the "end of the universe" scenarios taking a backseat in future expansions, and we'll take on more local threats (like each other, back in the good ol days.).

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Well, considering how late in the game it was that Europe discovered Asia, and the Americas, and had no clue they existed before that, it's not entirely farfetched that other land masses could exist on Azeroth. Also, considering that Pandaria, which is a fairly significant landmass was hidden by magic, it's not hard to consider "the other side of the globe" that the Titans hid somehow from Azeroth and Kalimdor.

That's the cool part of fantasy - you can use magic to explain things.

This isnt spoiler, nor does it confirm anything.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    i heard rumors from random person comments that next expansion is about Pirates or Pirate themed, and that makes sense after adding Outlaw spec for Rogues, and Docks missions in Garrison.

Deleted
    Azeroth gets destroyed
    They power up exodar and escape with as many survivors as they can.
    Find a new world

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be awesome if azeroth does get destroyed and we'd have to move. But they have spent years making content for it, so it's not gonna happen But Legion homeworld is definitely possible. Not maybe right after Legion, but then again it would make sense to bring the fight to their world and destroy them for good.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Azeroth does get destroyed after years after fighting [See Kilrogg's vision of death] No, don't say that is what would happen if the Iron Horde won because its -our- vision of death and plus it shows the Undercity as the Horde's capital city in the vision as well as Stormwind Keep. I think there will be a timeskip though.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Well, considering how late in the game it was that Europe discovered Asia, and the Americas, and had no clue they existed before that, it's not entirely farfetched that other land masses could exist on Azeroth. Also, considering that Pandaria, which is a fairly significant landmass was hidden by magic, it's not hard to consider "the other side of the globe" that the Titans hid somehow from Azeroth and Kalimdor.

That's the cool part of fantasy - you can use magic to explain things.
    agreed, but if you open the map you see how retardly close the islands are..it would be impossible not to know about it, if they know of a landmass called northren how can they not know of the others? (obvious exception for the pandaland)

Okay, so I had an idea on this.

Anduin is older, but it DOES happen in the next expansion, OR in Legion.

The end goal of Legion APPEARS to be to travel to Argus and defeat the Legion there. One method Illidan seems to be preparing via portal. Another method is flying the Exodar there.

Here's the thing. Draenei, I believe, are immortal? Yes? So flying the Exodar around fast as they want would be no problemo.. But Anduin is a mortal human. In order to get to Argus, they probably have to travel a LONG way and they need to get there FAST. Like at the same speed you can go through a portal. This starts to sound a bit tinfoily.. But what if the Exodar accelerated the time stream they travel on to get there.

So what I'm thinking, is that maybe Anduin leads the Army of Light to charge in the Exodar, while Illidan takes the other people (probably us) through the portal on the ground. DURING flight at like light-speed, Anduin's aging is held back as much as possible by the Naa'ru in Exodar, they arrive at Argus on schedule and that's when this happens...

Because guys.. How do you keep a piece of parchment that well intact for over 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Okay, so I had an idea on this.

Anduin is older, but it DOES happen in the next expansion, OR in Legion.

The end goal of Legion APPEARS to be to travel to Argus and defeat the Legion there. One method Illidan seems to be preparing via portal. Another method is flying the Exodar there.

Here's the thing. Draenei, I believe, are immortal? Yes? So flying the Exodar around fast as they want would be no problemo.. But Anduin is a mortal human. In order to get to Argus, they probably have to travel a LONG way and they need to get there FAST. Like at the same speed you can go through a portal. This starts to sound a bit tinfoily.. But what if the Exodar accelerated the time stream they travel on to get there.

So what I'm thinking, is that maybe Anduin leads the Army of Light to charge in the Exodar, while Illidan takes the other people (probably us) through the portal on the ground. DURING flight at like light-speed, Anduin's aging is held back as much as possible by the Naa'ru in Exodar, they arrive at Argus on schedule and that's when this happens...

Because guys.. How do you keep a piece of parchment that well intact for over 30 years?
    I like you theory xD
    This would also explain why Anduin is an old man when just 9 Years have passed as stated in the comic. Anduin must be somewhere in his mid-20's or at most early 30's and aging 9 years he would still not be an old man....

Were it not for this theory right here

And I just found.. Really, the flaw of my theory here..

The scars.

UNLESS that's what Blizz wants you to think, and he gets those cuts before hand and we haven't seen it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    And I just found.. Really, the flaw of my theory here..

The scars.

UNLESS that's what Blizz wants you to think, and he gets those cuts before hand and we haven't seen it yet!
    Literally at his moment I noticed the scars and came back to point them out xd
    And i don't know why I remembered 9 years either? It stated many-many years later.

Azeroth will not get destroyed simply because there's so much content there. Blizz is not going to throw it all away.