Could this be a young Sombra?

Above is the cover from the new Blizzard/Dark Horse Overwatch graphic novel. The 100 page book will tell the story of the original Overwatch strike team. Depicted in the image are Reinhardt, Torbjörn, Reaper, Soldier:76, Ana Amari and 3 other characters who remain unknown (at least to me). The first appears to be a type of mech (possibly a front-line omnic), the second is an omnic more similar appearance to Zenyatta and the third (who could possibly be Sombra) is a young girl sporting glasses. The character gives off a hacker vibe to me and we know that Sombra has a pre-exsisting relationship with Reyes.

Let the theorizing begin!

UPDATE* Nvm, pretty sure it's the previously unseen founding member Liao. Still interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Ulgrim; 2016-07-22 at 08:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post

Above is the cover from the new Blizzard/Dark Horse Overwatch graphic novel. The 100 page book will tell the story of the original Overwatch strike team. Depicted in the image are Reinhardt, Torbjörn, Reaper, Soldier:76, Ana Amari and 3 other characters who remain unknown (at least to me). The first appears to be a type of mech (possibly a front-line omnic), the second is an omnic more similar appearance to Zenyatta and the third (who could possibly be Sombra) is a young girl sporting glasses. The character gives off a hacker vibe to me and we know that Sombra has a pre-exsisting relationship with Reyes.

Let the theorizing begin!

UPDATE* Nvm, pretty sure it's the previously unseen founding member Liao. Still interesting stuff.
    isn't Liao the guy on the far left side of the picture in Ana Amari's origin video? pretty sure Liao is a male name.

She might be Sombra, or she might not be. however...

... Is it just me or does that Omnic look like a cross between Zenyata and Murky?????

7+ Year Old Account
    could be, but i still go with alejandra being sombra.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    isn't Liao the guy on the far left side of the picture in Ana Amari's origin video? pretty sure Liao is a male name.
    Yes, that's most likely him, except Liao is a surname. We don't know his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Weren't we suppose to get a new char reveal at sdcc 16?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Weren't we suppose to get a new char reveal at sdcc 16?
    You did Ana.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You did Ana.
    We were playing with Ana before SDCC even opened it's doors.

Where's Mercy...?

Blizzard loves to add hints and Easter eggs along the game, I mean this morning they published a image with a possibility of (hint of) Sombra being the next hero to be released! Though there is some confusion (ok I am confused mostly) . So to put it simply 'you never know what's up with Bizz peeps'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BearyWatch View Post
    Blizzard loves to add hints and Easter eggs along the game, I mean this morning they published a image with a possibility of (hint of) Sombra being the next hero to be released! Though there is some confusion (ok I am confused mostly) . So to put it simply 'you never know what's up with Bizz peeps'
    sombra is pretty much confirmed to be the next hero, not only through the hints but jeff and co. wouldnt talk about her like they do if she wasnt hero #23

Formerly known as Arafal

So is there an official statement about this?

Has a resemblence to all the other pictures ive seen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Didn't they say the guy in the screenshot wasn't Liao during a the Ana: Declassified livestream?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Didn't they say the guy in the screenshot wasn't Liao during a the Ana: Declassified livestream?
    Havent seen that. Well, who else is important enough to be in a groupie shot alongside the founding members of Overwatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    sombra is pretty much confirmed to be the next hero, not only through the hints but jeff and co. wouldnt talk about her like they do if she wasnt hero #23
    You never know how Blizzard may surprise you. They might switch to another hero ? Or is there an official news that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by JalJaze View Post
    You never know how Blizzard may surprise you. They might switch to another hero ? Or is there an official news that I missed?
    Nah I guess Sombra is next, looking at how active Overwatch team is over it. This is a bit old news but still it pretty much sums up that Sombra is the upcoming hero!