Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    There are no breakpoints involved. I guarantee you that vers will be better for 99% of plausible gear sets.
    So we are going for haste (comfortable, BP for Mana Tea, whatever) > vers > crit > mastery > haste?

Can i ask why Crit is so high up? Is there some interaction with talents and abilities that is not readily obvious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Can i ask why Crit is so high up? Is there some interaction with talents and abilities that is not readily obvious?
    Crit affects all abilities while mastery only affects ReM, Env, Vivify and Effuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    for everyone outside of the top 3 every healer is completely 100% viable in mythic raiding content.

truly, balance has never been better.

yes, druids and shamans dominate the rest, but honestly it's not like WoD where it's 2x pala 1x disc HAVE FUN GUYS

it's more likely to be a case of 1x shaman + 3/4
    honestly, once druids lose their current tier bonuses that are doing 20% of their healing or so, people will get over this obsession that they're on top by a large margin and yeah shit's pretty even atm,

but yeah between spirit link and stampeding roar totem I think shaman is looking great, even outside of just healing

for everyone outside of the top 3 every healer is completely 100% viable in mythic raiding content.

yes, druids and shamans dominate the rest, but honestly it's not like WoD where it's 2x pala 1x disc HAVE FUN GUYS

I agree, balance is fantastic currently. Whether that translates to 110 is yet tbd though.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it effects every spell, and crit itself scales rather well.

Also best stat for dps.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen druids dominate hps meters during testing, but they dominate tank cds.

That said, it's pretty likely you'll see 1-2 shamans at the high end I feel. That class is busted

Deleted
    Crit affects all healing but life cocoon and crit heals dont dont really overheal at lvl 110. A 300k crit is like 20% of someones max hp afterall.

So let me see if I have this right, out proper stat weight is = Crit>Vers>Haste>mastery? Or do I have that mixed up.

Also, I have read some stuff about the tanking trinket being our BIS. I don't really agree with this but. What trinkets are our consensus BiS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    So let me see if I have this right, out proper stat weight is = Crit>Vers>Haste>mastery? Or do I have that mixed up.

Also, I have read some stuff about the tanking trinket being our BIS. I don't really agree with this but. What trinkets are our consensus BiS?
    http://cranehealing.blogspot.de/2016...pre-patch.html

Deleted
    Unrelated question - how is mistweaver levelling, is it viable or should stick to WW and save artifact power?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but looks like statue's passive healing doesn't persist even after you stopped casting soothing mist....such a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but looks like statue's passive healing doesn't persist even after you stopped casting soothing mist....such a shame.
    Pretty sure its a bug. It did persist a few days ago tho.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty sure its a bug. It did persist a few days ago tho.
    statue would continue channeling up until last night's hotfix:

The Jade Serpent Statue now properly assists the Monk when casting the Ancient Mistweaver Arts variant of Soothing Mist.
    sounds like it might have been bugged all along? this kind of kills what little use that statue already had, to be honest

I think that Statue should do more, such as when you heal a player with Effuse/Viv/EnV, it will also heal that player for a okay amount with a small splash effect. Balance it against Chi-Ji and RJW (not that RJW is balanced right now. But in this function Statue would become a great spot healing talent compared to the two other more aoe healing talents.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I think that Statue should do more, such as when you heal a player with Effuse/Viv/EnV, it will also heal that player for a okay amount with a small splash effect. Balance it against Chi-Ji and RJW (not that RJW is balanced right now. But in this function Statue would become a great spot healing talent compared to the two other more aoe healing talents.
    Like if it double dipped into mastery? They should make it continue channel when you stop though. Can't ask for everything but the statue should auto switch targets like it used to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Like if it double dipped into mastery? They should make it continue channel when you stop though. Can't ask for everything but the statue should auto switch targets like it used to as well.
    I didn't mean the statue also copied your mastery, your mastery only affects specific spells. This is more of a healing turret. The benefit of that system is that it's always effective while not being as broken as outright copying spells or double-dipping mastery/procs.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

This may sound like a silly question but; Zen Flight. Can we only get it now through our class hall once Legion is out? Seems strange that you can only get it in a place where you can even use it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Unrelated question - how is mistweaver levelling, is it viable or should stick to WW and save artifact power?
    Windwalker does way more damage and burst then MW, so the leveling will go faster with windwalking. Found it barely worth saving the artifact power you gained from leveling. Didnt take long at all at 110 to gain more artifact power then earned from 100 to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeaforpie View Post
    This may sound like a silly question but; Zen Flight. Can we only get it now through our class hall once Legion is out? Seems strange that you can only get it in a place where you can even use it
    It doesn't come from the class hall, it comes from the Peak of Serenity. You can use the Zen Pilgrimage ability to go get it; it's off the 2h staff vendor out the right (North?) door (a male pandaren standing in front of a tent on the next ledge downhill -- forget his name at the moment).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcsamborski View Post
    sounds like it might have been bugged all along? this kind of kills what little use that statue already had, to be honest
    Didn't they tinker with independent timings for the statue's soothing channel for a while? I may be misremembering.

I agree it's a strange move. I wonder if the thinking there was more about dungeons than raids. The statue remains a viable choice for dungeoning, and there's a lot more emphasis on dungeons in this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I didn't mean the statue also copied your mastery, your mastery only affects specific spells. This is more of a healing turret. The benefit of that system is that it's always effective while not being as broken as outright copying spells or double-dipping mastery/procs.
    When you just say, "when you heal a player with Effuse/Viv/EnV, it will also heal that player for a okay amount with a small splash effect" that sounds imaginatively really close to the mastery. No reason to make up some generic spritz of water heal when the 'turret' totem already copies 50% of SooM, why not copy 50% of the mastery?

I think the totem is incredibly unimaginative too, and it's one of the more easier things to imagine how to tinker so I don't know why they haven't. You could make it a single target healing cooldown by have it literally copy your spells. Turn it into an AoE beacon because Vivify is basically a shaman ripoff so why not. Or they could make it feel more like a turret by giving it independence to heal others.