Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generations 2 (or something like it) was pretty much a given based on a picture they had shown off a while ago, except it also included Boom Sonic with them as well. I would enjoy the plot of this new one if it was Robotnik & Eggman teaming up through time again (which I am assuming is why there are two giant egg-mechs in the trailer) and having the two actually make an alternate time line where they take over the world and the two Sonic's need to work together again (and I feel like Boom will also be shoehorned in, guess he could be worked in as an alternate time line). It would certainly give the game a feel similar to the one Sonic cartoon/comics with the Resistance fighting against Robotnik's mechanical empire, something I wish the games would have tried to replicate at least once or twice.

I wish they would just push Modern Sonic off to the side for a while and make some new games (not counting Mania) with Classic as the main character again and with more simple plots and game play and classic styled zones/stages. They can be positioned in the Sonic "time line" sometime before Adventure 1 if people would give that much crap about it. Not saying Classic Sonic = game is automatically better, but I just think that bit more leverage or grounding that the character offers with the style of games he has been in is what the franchise needs for a while, to really get back to the roots instead of throwing anything against a wall and see what sticks.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-07-23 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonic Mania is the Sonic game I wanted on my Sega Saturn 20 years ago so its about fucking time. Freedom Planet is currently in that spot for me.

Second trailer is pretty damn cool as well plus Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice is looking fantastic as well! Holy shit, might actually get a good string of Sonic games for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles was my favourite sonic game. I bought the sonic mega collection just for that.
    I can't disagree with that as back in 1995, before I got my Saturn and Virtual Boy, I put an ungodly amount of hours into that game with having a perfect save slot of each character. Mega Man X2 and Demon's Crest got a lot of time put into them as well.

Yoshi's Island is still my best game of 1995 along with VB Wario Land.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-07-23 at 05:44 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles was my favourite sonic game. I bought the sonic mega collection just for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed there are actually at least three giant mechs in that trailer, so its possibly related to nothing at all, but I am totally expecting Robotnik, Eggman and Boom Eggman teamed up to take over the world and actually succeeding with the three Sonics plus the peanut gallery of side characters being the "Resistance" fighting back with no real involvement with time-travel like Generations except to set up the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Just noticed there are actually at least three giant mechs in that trailer, so its possibly related to nothing at all, but I am totally expecting Robotnik, Eggman and Boom Eggman teamed up to take over the world and actually succeeding with the three Sonics plus the peanut gallery of side characters being the "Resistance" fighting back with no real involvement with time-travel like Generations except to set up the plot.
    Maybe it will finally continue the story of Sonic Chronicles... ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It makes me wonder what the actual Sonic team is working on. Since Sega is only producing this, not developing it.

Nothing could be worse than Sonic Boom. Right?

Right?
    ...right?
    Too bad Sonic Boom could've been good if Sega didn't butt their noses in and fuck everything up

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it to be good. I want sonic to not be shit. I really hope both of these games are going to be good and Sega realizes that they can't keep screwing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I want it to be good. I want sonic to not be shit. I really hope both of these games are going to be good and Sega realizes that they can't keep screwing up.
    I have high hopes for Mania honestly, it looks good at the very least, and the new dash sounds like it will be fun to play around with and something for speedrunners to abuse.

The other one though...not much to say yet, since they didn't give much. But Generations/Color were both pretty good.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it seem like that video it SEGA saying

"look, we know we fucked up, but we just don't know where. So we are starting over and trying again"

Here's my question - was Sonic ever good? Megaman going to its roots works because Megamans gameplay design WORKS. Sonic still has this dissonance between platforming and "gotta go fast".

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Here's my question - was Sonic ever good? Megaman going to its roots works because Megamans gameplay design WORKS. Sonic still has this dissonance between platforming and "gotta go fast".
    Was Sonic ever good?

Let's just say Sonic 2 shits on the best megaman game there is since you brought that into the discussion. Sonic 2 is on a list with the elite 2D platformers of all time, SMW, SMB3 and DKCTF. Don't consider any megaman game in the same league as those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Was Sonic ever good?

*snip*
    It was a rhetorical question - Sonic is pretty garbage. The franchise was propped up by having a rad mascot during the 90s. Get fucking real if you think that Sonic even approaches the absolute godhood that is SMB3, with Sonic's shitty level design such as shitty water levels, nonsense maze design of levels, clashes between careful platforming and gotta-go-fast, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a rhetorical question - Sonic is pretty garbage. The franchise was propped up by having a rad mascot during the 90s. Get fucking real if you think that Sonic even approaches the absolute godhood that is SMB3, with Sonic's shitty level design such as shitty water levels, nonsense maze design of levels, clashes between careful platforming and gotta-go-fast, etc.
    Listen to you both, talking about subjective opinions like they're demonstrable facts, its cute lol
    I hope its good, but Sonics track record in the last, uh, 15 years hasn't been the greatest.

Maze design?

Got to go fast?

Have you ever even played a 2D Sonic game? The premise is that you CAN got VERY FAST once you know the level not that you literally "got to go fast". Maze design of levels just gets a pure lulz from me, if offering you 2-3 different paths on a vertical stretch is "maze design" now I wonder what ghost houses in Mario are LMAO.

I don't think you have ever played a 2D Sonic game in your life, meanwhile you state shit water levels but call a mario game God Like. Who again likes water levels in Mario? Who? You? LMAO enough said if that's the case.

So here is a question for you, was you born in 1999 or did you just skip an entire generation of gaming?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-24 at 08:55 PM.

Sonic 1 through Sonic & Knuckles are phenomenal games. And Sonic Colors and Sonic Generation are pretty legit games. Not amazing, but very solid titles. Even Sonic Heroes is pretty decent.

Although I know you're just tryharding right now trying to derail the entire thread so I'm going to just ignore you for the shitposter you're being.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't think you have ever played a 2D Sonic game in your life, meanwhile you state shit water levels but call a mario game God Like. Who again likes water levels in Mario? Who? You? LMAO enough said if that's the case.
    Two words - Frog Suit. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Listen to you both, talking about subjective opinions like they're demonstrable facts, its cute lol
    I hope its good, but Sonics track record in the last, uh, 15 years hasn't been the greatest.
    To be fair, the last 15 years doesn't have much to do when the claim is "has Sonic ever been good".

And there's a subjective opinion of whether or not someone liked it, and whether or not it's actually good.

It's quite possible to dislike a game that is good. Which seems to be what's happening here.

Two words - Frog Suit. Checkmate.
    Was literally in one Mario game. Two if you count Mario Maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most shocking part of that trailer was hearing Nitro Fun & Hyper Potions imo. Suddenly, DECENT EDM in a mainstream product trailer!

About the game though, I'm glad that they're FINALLY looking back at the foundation. No more Sonic shovelware please!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

So it was you expressing an opinion but wanting no feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Was literally in one Mario game. Two if you count Mario Maker.
    And most people beat SMB3 without ever discovering it. He is a millenial who games before the internet telling him all the secrets confirmed