Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sunwell > ICC > Naxx40

Quote Originally Posted by Joe82 View Post
    Best raid ever. Zul'Aman

Close contenders: Ruby Sanctum, Ulduar, Karazhan

Other great raids in random order, ICC, Trial of the Crusader, Hyjal, Gruul's Lair and SSC and some parts of Mogu'Shan Vaults
    Wow here I was certain nobody would put RS or HoF on any sort of list other then worst ever. RS normally doesn't even make that because besides being awful it was forgettable and not worth doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands for me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Ulduar definitely, and it got replaced so soon with the stain that is Trial of the Crusader

The MMO champ forums after a pre-patch. It's always been my favorite raid.

I burnt out on Ulduar, the only people who like it are wrath babies.

The most underrated raid is Highmaul. Varied fights in a setting that was quite different to the preceding raids was a good change up. Mythic Imperator is my favourite fight of the whole game due to the precision and strategy fine tuning required. Having a three man tank team for a fight was truly deserved it brought back old memories and it is how all fights should be. Not many people got to see the fight or down him due to the criminally short time it was up before BRF was released. Highmaul should have had a few more bosses and been its own tier.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2016-07-22 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Ulduar > BWL > SSC

10+ Year Old Account
    1-Ulduar

2-Karazhan

3-AQ40

4-ICC

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trollduar AKA Throne of Thunder

Ulduar comes second for me.

I don't have any complaints with Throne at all that I can think of. It was a great raid.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The one on the girls dorm at camp back in 2006, ended up with tons of free booze, condoms, and quite a few dildos! XD

Deleted
    Probably ICC for me.
    Ulduar comes close as does Karazhan.

Boss mechanics-wise BRF & HFC are the best raids imo but they didn't have the same epic feel as ICC.

Throne of Thunder was great visually.

Deleted
    Brf and FL for me.

1)FL/BRF
    2)HM
    3)ICC
    4)Sunwell
    5) SoO

Karazhan - beautiful architecture, interesting and innovative fights for it's time, and a good 10 man was easy to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Ulduar, kara, SSC for me. Yes, I know SSC is a bit of an outlier but(for some reason) I enjoyed the BC atunements and I enjoyed (as a tank) getting the special set for Hydros and the switching mechanic.

I did not tank in vanilla (was heals), so I had a question out of curiosity for the old schoolers...

Was Hydross the first raid boss with a tank switch mechanic? If not, who was and what was the mechanic exactly?

I still believe that Hydross is the first boss that required each tank to not only switch but to have a separate resist set.

I know most people don't like it, but I like the resist set. I remember my guild helped each tank build the set so it was a guild wide achievement which meant we were ready for SSC. It actually felt like a real accomplishment.
    Ragnaros, tank gets thrown up.
    first boss bwl (name? forgotten), tank gets desoriented
    Vaelastraz: Tank gets Burning Adrenaline debuff 5 tanks needed at LEAST for the first few kills. (and a dwarf paladin with bubble , last man standing, holyschocking the last few hp at the firstkill, after many 0.1% wipes)
    Drakonid boss: would often onehit tank with ms (13 k hits on 11 k tanks, gg ) , he would often plow threw a few offwarrior tanks /rogues / whatever until the battlerezzed mt would be top aggro again (this boss had like constant aggro reduce ae spell, so very often at some points he would run into ranged and wipe the raid, hell we wiped because healers pulld aggro after a bug with new released enchant for mp5 on bracer, the enchanted mp5 ticks caused aggro gain, which was enough to pull after some fight time)

General drakisath, Tank gets desoriented, was either double tanked or later in expansion hunterkited.
    Chromaggus: percentage aggro reduce spell,that had to be los ed sometimes by the tank, to prevent droping to 0 % aggro with like 5 casts, los running from tanks to alternate the spellcasts, Raid did this too (was split in 2 or 3 groups, one dpsing healing, the other chilling , manaregen and dispelling stuff, after a few spellcasts, they would alternate) - this boss took like 20-25 minutes of constant alternating the groups , and having like 10-15 people in the raid constantly removing poison, sickness, magic, curse on every fucking global (and every single point of manaregen they had) for like 20 minutes +.

3 Draggon bosses before chrom: wingclip -stacking buffet, evil debuff that needs to be tauntet away.
    Naxx several stuff, auras from 4horseman (was tauntable), the dog with ms debuff and zombies, thaddius

aq stack mechanics, enrage tank death tank gets thrown 200 meters away from boss

Imagine, all those tank switches had to be done by using bosses aggro reduce abilities (often called "wingclip), the tank would get it so dropping aggro, the offtank would not get it and generate threat that makes him get aggro) and tank threat generator skills from the offtank, taunt didnt work on boss mobs back than.

the one t4 boss under the cave of hellfire citadell in outland, he did some tankswaps too i think? gruul hade a hateful strike mechanic i remember?
    i am pretty sure there are more, but multiple tanks have been a thing in wow from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Joe82 View Post

Close contenders: Ruby Sanctum

Other great raids ,Trial of the Crusader
    you can't just say such things without some explanation.

on topic. casting aside the end of the expansion drought that both suffered from, ICC and Siege of Org were great, just we spent way too much time with them. Firelands was great, all the fights had something interesting going on. It really only suffered from there just not being enough bosses for a full raid tier.

Throne of Thunder.

Ulduar. Black Temple. Sheerly for anticipation / concept. Not the fight mechanics or loot. Just the "how cool is this!" feeling.

Karazhan>original Naxx>Ulduar>ToT

Ulduar.

This raid had a bit of everything, and most creative hard mode engagements. Yes, I'm looking at you BIG RED BUTTON.