i cleaned my computer and now im getting fps drops when i play wow!

Hey since my driveware got bad i decided to clean my computer.
    And now when i play wow im getting those big fps drops in dungeons, Bgs etc.
    Fps drops was never a problem before i cleaned my computer and i could play with like 7 system graphics and now im getting those fps drops at even system graphic 1.
    Im not a computer guy so i would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Well first off wtf is driveware? is that malware?

Second off wtf is 7 system graphics what does this all mean. Do you speak normal English?
    Cant help you if we don't understand a single dribble your saying.

Also post your computer specs IE what video card what CPU processor how much ram in Gigabytes.

srry i mean graphics quality, and hard drive.
    I used to play on graphics quality 7 without any lag of fps drops before i cleaned my computer now i cant even play with graphics quality 1 without fps drop,
    im new to this forum so i cant post any my computer specs cause it says: no types of links, video or picture before you have posted some threads.
    Can you pm me or something?

Quote Originally Posted by anton3434 View Post
    srry i mean graphics quality, and hard drive.
    I used to play on graphics quality 7 without any lag of fps drops before i cleaned my computer now i cant even play with graphics quality 1 without fps drop,
    im new to this forum so i cant post any my computer specs cause it says: no types of links, video or picture before you have posted some threads.
    Can you pm me or something?
    can you tell us by typing out in the post what you did to clean your computer, also type out THE CPU for your machine Example: intel I3, I5, I7 Also how much Ram you have and what video card you might be using, Nvidia or AMD what ever.

For instance I run a I5-6400 cpu with 32gb Ram and a Nvidia 750ti and get a constant 100fps with everything on graphics quality 10.

BTW you probbally never ran on graphics quality 7 as 5 was the previous ultra settings.

Also have you tryed disabling your addons if you use any? Or updating them.

Deleted
    dude just write the specs down like so:

cpu: blah blah blah
    ram: bebebebeb
    mobo: duhduh duh
    gfx: hurdurdur
    hdd: ???????

Also what do you mean by "cleaned my computer"? From your first post I thought you meant physically remove dust and other filth from inside the case and radiators, however from your second post I wonder if you mean cleaning as in removing unneeded files and programs from your hard drive.

My father helped me with my computer but i think he did some recovery cause the hard drive was broken.
    Intel I5 - 3450 CPU
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

My father helped me with my computer but i think he did some recovery cause the hard drive was broken.
    Intel I5 - 3450 CPU
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

Ok that makes more sense. Thank you.
    2 question. What version of windows are you running?
    Do you run addons in world of warcraft?

Intel I5 - 3450 CPU
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Your system setup is similar to mine (actually damn near identical). there will be a drop on your top range you can get away with, I have had to drop mine to 5.

However, if it is random FPS drops when out in the world or in cities, it may be an addon. I had this issue on patch day, turned off all my addons and it turned out to be NPC Scan Overlay causing the issue. Turned that off and had no issues since then, so it may be worthwile turning all your addons on then turning them on one by one to see what ones are causing an issue. You can do this on the standard menu now instead of having to log in and out each time.

I think my Hard drive was broken cause i couldnt start my computer so we did some kind of recovey.
    As i said im not much of an computer guy but this is what i found.
    CPU Intel I5 - 3450 CPU
    8GB ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
    64 Bit
    Dac type Integrated Ramdac

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 7
    and yes i use addons

- - - Updated - - -

Okey thanks ima do that, but its also in dungeons and bgs..

First try this go to wow menu system settings under Graphics. Set Graphics quality to 5. Then where it has shadows quality set it to low. Click apply.
    Go to the left hand side of the menu choose advance.
    Make sure that graphics api is on directx 10 if you have 11 go for that. On the right side set your Max forground fps to around 80 make sure it is checked max background fps to 30 make sure this is checked click apply then ok.
    try that before you disable any addons.

Next step if the above fails is to disable addons one by one till you find the issue. But I would personally just make sure they are upto date to atleast 21st. Personally they just released 2 patchs in the last 2 days and it messed up all addons anyways.
    Last edited by Nakotsu; 2016-07-23 at 02:44 PM.

ye okey thanks,
    beacuse i bought gametime 2 days ago after i took a brake and experienced some lag but i supposed it was cause ive played at playable in the client patch.

ye okey thanks,
    beacuse i bought gametime 2 days ago after i took a brake and experienced some lag but i supposed it was cause ive played at playable in the client patch.
    Lastly make sure you update your nvidia drivers to the most current ones. from www.nvidia.com

yea i did that when i fixed my computer, like 1 month ago!
    Thanks for all the help man, i appreciate it

Could be broken Add-ons causing frame drops. Try turning them off as well if everything else listed isn't helping the frame issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Could be broken Add-ons causing frame drops. Try turning them off as well if everything else listed isn't helping the frame issue.
    Yeah, NPCscan overlay was causing massive fps drops(10 fps while moving, 100+ after disabling) at prepatch launch, but its fixed now
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Hey since my driveware got bad i decided to clean my computer.
    And now when i play wow im getting those big fps drops in dungeons, Bgs etc.
    Fps drops was never a problem before i cleaned my computer and i could play with like 7 system graphics and now im getting those fps drops at even system graphic 1.
    Im not a computer guy so i would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Make sure you are running on the Nvidia card, the i5 3450 has an integrated graphics chip, it sounds like this is used as the default graphics apdater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    can you tell us by typing out in the post what you did to clean your computer, also type out THE CPU for your machine Example: intel I3, I5, I7 Also how much Ram you have and what video card you might be using, Nvidia or AMD what ever.

For instance I run a I5-6400 cpu with 32gb Ram and a Nvidia 750ti and get a constant 100fps with everything on graphics quality 10.

BTW you probbally never ran on graphics quality 7 as 5 was the previous ultra settings.

Also have you tryed disabling your addons if you use any? Or updating them.
    No. 7 was the previous ultra setting. They added 3 'new' settings above the original ultra setting, as described in patch notes. When I logged in after the patch, it was on 7. If you still don't believe me use Google and find out for yourself. I find it bemusing you're so passive-aggressive to that guy asking for help when you can't even check your own facts.