Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why has no orc been appointed leader yet?

Hello! There's something that really, REALLY bugs me.
    There is no racial orc leader. I'm not talking a Warchief, we already know Vol'jin is and the Legion "problem". But nobody has said nothing about orcs? So the main Horde race just got forgotten? We've been 1 whole expansion without Orc Racial leader. Why has Blizzard forgotten this?

And, well, who do you think should be Orc leader? Should it be also Warchief?
    I know the biggest candidate is Varok Saurfang, but he already stated he's old and doesn't want to be a leader.
    Who then?

Deleted
    You mean Thrall?

Saurfang is the racial leader of the Orcs now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazeyB View Post
    Saurfang is the racial leader of the Orcs now.
    Has this been stated somewhere? I'd like to see it for myself!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missfit View Post
    Hello! There's something that really, REALLY bugs me.
    There is no racial orc leader. I'm not talking a Warchief, we already know Vol'jin is and the Legion "problem". But nobody has said nothing about orcs? So the main Horde race just got forgotten? We've been 1 whole expansion without Orc Racial leader. Why has Blizzard forgotten this?

And, well, who do you think should be Orc leader? Should it be also Warchief?
    I know the biggest candidate is Varok Saurfang, but he already stated he's old and doesn't want to be a leader.
    Who then?
    Isn't Saurfang the Orcish racial leader in Legion tho? That you have to kill for the achieve
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Has this been stated somewhere? I'd like to see it for myself!
    I'm pretty sure he is, as you have to kill him for the PvP achievement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's the achieve

Deleted
    As I'm posting in the Lore subforum, I'd would like to know if there has been some lore confirmation. Some ritual in some unknown quest? Some lines in a book? I don't really care for a PvP achievement. I think it is a great hole in the lore right now, that the most leader-centric race of all of the Warcraft Universe has no real leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    As I'm posting in the Lore subforum, I'd would like to know if there has been some lore confirmation. Some ritual in some unknown quest? Some lines in a book? I don't really care for a PvP achievement. I think it is a great hole in the lore right now, that the most leader-centric race of all of the Warcraft Universe has no real leader.
    They aren't leader-less, and would they need any ritual or would Saurfang be just the first in line to take over the orcs?
    There might be something in the not yet released cinematic when Sylvanas becomes the Warchief in Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Saurfang says he now leads the Orcs when you talk to him but nothing in books or quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because blizzard sucks at making character, so after Garroshes death, and with the "sageness" of Thrall, there was only 1 guy left, who could take over.... And to be honest, Saurfang is awesome, but old. There should atleast be a choice, when it came to the appointement of racial leader, but Blizzard have not made a none-killable orc character in years.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

But....saurfang...is...the orc lead...right? Meh, must be wanting to avoid legion spoilers, I feel ya.

Do they need a ritual? As High Overlord, wouldn't Saurfang have become the acting leader of the orcs upon Garrosh's defeat and Vol'jin's claiming of the mantle of Warchief? As far as I'm aware, he's next in line in the chain of command.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Do they need a ritual? As High Overlord, wouldn't Saurfang have become the acting leader of the orcs upon Garrosh's defeat and Vol'jin's claiming of the mantle of Warchief? As far as I'm aware, he's next in line in the chain of command.
    Yeah, but that's a major point in the story, it should be adressed properly! I'm sure Anduin get's a coronation event, or, well, at least he got a comic. Are there gonna be more comics or this was the last one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't anyone figured out yet that the only lore blizzard are interested in developing in Wow itself is the lore of making the player feel like the main hero of azeroth and having every other lore figure telling them how amazing they are, leaving it to hired writers to compose lore for characters in side projects such as digital comics and short stories.

Important lore in warcraft has now been relegated to 'oh yeah, so that happened'

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that's a major point in the story, it should be adressed properly! I'm sure Anduin get's a coronation event, or, well, at least he got a comic. Are there gonna be more comics or this was the last one?
    Obviously it isn't a major point in the story. If Anduin's storyline will continue to be important during Legion then he will continue to have events/lore built around him. If Saurfang is the new High Overlord, but has no storyline in Legion, then there is no need for there to be an event for something that doesn't have any bearing on the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    same goes for Ettrig
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

There's no one realistically since the only notiable orcs are either dead, old or just don't want to lead. I might be missing someone but that's basically how it is. Unless they do the logical thing and bring Draenor orcs here to Azeroth to fight the legion, I mean there is a massive force just sitting there while we're being butchered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    There's no one realistically since the only notiable orcs are either dead, old or just don't want to lead. I might be missing someone but that's basically how it is. Unless they do the logical thing and bring Draenor orcs here to Azeroth to fight the legion, I mean there is a massive force just sitting there while we're being butchered.
    Blizzard has said that the only one who is from AU Universe we are going to contact with in the new Expansion is Gul'dan, unless the decide other wise later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Blizzard has said that the only one who is from AU Universe we are going to contact with in the new Expansion is Gul'dan, unless the decide other wise later on.
    I know what they said, it only further cements WoD as a filler expansion that holds no value outside of being a cheap way to bring Gul'dan back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.