Looking for Input - Benefits DK vs Warrior

To start off and make sure I'm not breaking any rules, let me please state I'm neither looking for an opinion on which does more damage, nor asking which one is more fun.

I'm coming back to legion after a break and after mainly playing ranged classes, decided to give melee a better try. Based on PTR/YouTube I've narrowed myself down to either an UH DK or a Fury Warrior. From what I can tell right now, both are very fun plate wearing melee classes with good potential for both ST and AoE.

What I'm looking for feedback on from anyone who has done some higher content in the beta, is what separates the two in a raid or mythic setting. Is DK lack of mobility a problem? Is Fury lower survivability a problem? Are they equally good at swapping targets/burst windows? Does one have better raid focused artifact talents, or have CDs that work better in raid/mythic environments? I'm completely indifferent to DPS and even legendaries, because anything could be nerfed or buffed at any time. I really just want to hear about some advanced mechanics and "potential", and trust the damage will sort itself out.
    Last edited by Necropotence; 2016-07-24 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted
    DKs have grip, which is useful raid utility, (but dps no longer has aoe grip). Not sure if DKs can still cheese stuff with anti magic shields.

Warriors have commanding shout (rallying cry), which is a raid cooldown. i think warriors are also supposed to be better are aoe bursts, but honestly not sure after prepatch. warriors are also one of the very few classes with a execute mechanic left, if thats your thing.

Warriors obviously are more mobile, so if you are slow moving out of fire that is worth considering, but it is rarely a requirement for something.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-07-24 at 06:49 AM.

Deleted
    unholy will prolly be used to solo soak stuff like blackholes currently on xhul. with corpshield and using the oets dmg reduction. and double grip with belcher.

Deleted
    Warriors now have a raid buff that grants 5 seconds of garaunteed crits now too from what i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Warriors now have a raid buff that grants 5 seconds of garaunteed crits now too from what i've heard.
    no, that is a pvp talent.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy has some pretty retarded survival options now, and actually I think Frost does as well, although I haven't touched it. I don't think it's even a question survival wise which class is better, at least in PvE, DK might not have huge mobility but their CDs are just generally superior.

Warrior gives what, 3% leech as a raid wide buff and commanding shout (+15% health for 10 seconds). DPS DKs really don't give anything aside from single target grips anymore, which might be moderately useful depending on the encounter.

I don't know what it's like at 110 but you actually see DKs on some of the WCL front pages (gotta swim through demo locks and shadow priests). Granted a lot of the kill times are really short, so take that into consideration. DK (at least unholy) does some pretty nasty AoE damage.

Unholy DK has the exponential AOE that Enhance had in WoD, so if there is ever a fight like Darmac again, they will be kings of it.
    Warrior DPS still has things like bladestorm so they are still good too.

DK has Grip, which may be useful if there is a mechanic like the Infernals on Mythic Archimonde again.
    But Warrior has Rallying Cry (now called Commanding Shout) which has a use on every single progression scenario and encounter.

This is everything. The other things people are mistakenly saying are not true.

That is just for them, its one of their offensive CDs.

Warrior gives what, 3% leech as a raid wide buff
    That is Protection Warrior only.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV