Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Do they still have Veteran ranks?
    No. Veteran Levels were permanently removed in the Dark Brotherhood update on May 31st, 2016.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    No. Veteran Levels were permanently removed in the Dark Brotherhood update on May 31st, 2016.
    I wouldn't waste any effort on Tackhisis, has been trolling for ages. He doesn't care one fig about the answer.

What has been people's class and build like?

As a sorcerer I initially been all about daedric summoning and ranged spells. Over time I was experimenting and trying out a Storm Calling melee build with dual wielding. It was actually pretty ok, just getting up close and slashing enemies and calling down the thunder and kept surviving with a shield spell and the Surge spell that lets me heal for each crit hit.

Night blade leech build. Heals for days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for people playing this.

I'm thinking of getting the game the next time it's $20.

I tried it in beta and thought it was fine, wasn't motivated to buy it though. I also made the mistake of playing it in 3rd person except for the final day of the beta and it didn't feel like a TES game until I tried it in 1st person.

I've heard there have been tons of changes as well as level scaling for all content ?

Anyways, questions.

1, Am I going to regret not buying a more premium version and/or a bundle (especially for the mount)
    2, Is earning a mount that much of a pain after all of the changes ? I'm not looking to collect things such as that, but last I heard it was awful until you get one.
    3, Are there any DLC/Addon's that are considered a must ?
    4, Does the game have raiding, if so is there a casual version like with FF14 ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

1. If you're just checking it out, I would start by buying the standard version, you can always upgrade later if you want.
    2. I'm probably the wrong person to ask, but I don't think not having a mount is awful, I quite often find myself not even using it. The cheapest mount you can buy is 10k, which you should be able to get by lvl 15-20 just playing normally, depending on whether you vendor items you find or use them for crafting.
    3. I don't know if there are any must have, but I think the Best is Thieves Guild>Dark Brotherhood> Orsinium > Imperial City. Haven't tried shadow of the hist yet.
    4. There are 12 man trials, there's a normal version and a veteran version of each. Normal is easily puggable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    1. If you're just checking it out, I would start by buying the standard version, you can always upgrade later if you want.
    2. I'm probably the wrong person to ask, but I don't think not having a mount is awful, I quite often find myself not even using it. The cheapest mount you can buy is 10k, which you should be able to get by lvl 15-20 just playing normally, depending on whether you vendor items you find or use them for crafting.
    3. I don't know if there are any must have, but I think the Best is Thieves Guild>Dark Brotherhood> Orsinium > Imperial City. Haven't tried shadow of the hist yet.
    4. There are 12 man trials, there's a normal version and a veteran version of each. Normal is easily puggable.

1, Makes sense
    2, I'm not worried about it at all, I just heard the stories from the first year it was out, wasn't sure if that's how it was or just extraordinary complaining.
    3, I suppose I'll find out as time goes on.
    4, Good, I was wondering if there was something to do at max level, even if acquiring gear in an extremely casual manner via logging on and off whenever I want in an attempt to acquire it .
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    So what do you guys expect for gamescon next week? I am quite excited for it myself as it's 99.9% sure going to be a Vvarandfell announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    So what do you guys expect for gamescon next week? I am quite excited for it myself as it's 99.9% sure going to be a Vvarandfell announcement.
    Have they said they'd announce something there? Because it would be strange that they'd announce there rather than Quakecon, which just happened >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Have they said they'd announce something there? Because it would be strange that they'd announce there rather than Quakecon, which just happened >.>
    Yes, gamescon will have an exclusive preview at update 12 and one tamriel. Further previews are planned on pax west which has an announcement of a brand new feature (probably legendary crafting writs), One Tamriel and update 12.

Quakecon was scrapped because of the update 11 release, or atleast that's what i read.

Deleted
    So Zenimax is introducing loot boxes in the next update. Including a new currency called "crown gems" which can be used to buy even more exclusive items. These "crown gems" can only be gained if you already got an item that dropped from these loot boxes however.

Ok, guess I am quiting after 2 years. That first thing made me want to quit already, that second thing just makes it worse. *** Zenimax greedy ***
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2016-08-20 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard the only things that will drop from the boxes are items on the crown store/have been on the crown store before....

Also the next update will add dueling, One Tamriel and Weapon Ultimates
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    From what I've heard the only things that will drop from the boxes are items on the crown store/have been on the crown store before....

Also the next update will add dueling, One Tamriel and Weapon Ultimates
    It's the slippery slope I worry about. Zenimax used to say "no f2p, b2p ever because it sucks" then they went b2p and they said "no loot boxes ever, because they suck". Now they introduce loot boxes and they say "no p2w ever, because it sucks"

I simply cannot trust their word anymore. On top of that, this year more and more time is spent on the crownstore and less and less on things ingame. I want to be appreciated as a customer, I feel that right now I am only a cashcow for them. I do not want to play a game with a company that treats it's customers like that.

I play so many games that have lock boxes that I'm just numb to it all. A poor attitude to have but I just don't care anymore

If it doesnt affect the game in a sense that loot box do not have stuff that can be found only in them, I dont care. If they can make more money from it and continue to deliver good content bc of this, im all for it.

Has anyone mentioned anything on how One Tamriel is gonna work story wise? Like right now after completing the Vestige storyline, Cadwell lets me experiencing the other factions as 'what if' scenarios, what if I was fighting for the other faction. With One Tamriel am I really going to fight for the Covenant one minute before dashing off to Grahtwood and fighting for the Dominion?

Ha!

I called it!!!

People are not happy with that crappy randomized Crown Store Boxes

http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/elder-...n-crate-debate

Quote Originally Posted by strugler View Post
    Ha!

I called it!!!

People are not happy with that crappy randomized Crown Store Boxes

http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/elder-...n-crate-debate
    Called what? I don't think anyone would be happy that you have to gamble for exclusive items they may or may not want. (Why they don't just sell them is beyond me...)

anyway another mmo down the drain. It's gonna pull a rift soon. You'll get loot boxes in every mob you kill, you'll be spammed to buy keys from the store every time you log in. Not to mention the game is B2P/subscription..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Has anyone mentioned anything on how One Tamriel is gonna work story wise? Like right now after completing the Vestige storyline, Cadwell lets me experiencing the other factions as 'what if' scenarios, what if I was fighting for the other faction. With One Tamriel am I really going to fight for the Covenant one minute before dashing off to Grahtwood and fighting for the Dominion?
    The story will work the same as it does now. Everyone in all three factions will simply be in one world instance rather than each faction getting their own unique instance that contains only their own people.

Im pretty excited for one Tamriel mostly just for the game play changes and more vet dungeons and the thirty or so new sets coming out with it and weapon ults. I really don't care much about these loot boxes I already sub for all dlc access and 1500 crowns a month I do like cosmetics and all the bonus and $15 or so worth of crowns seems fine to me although I wish things were just left on the crownstore instead of being limited time and very limited mind you gota get those panics buyers spending money I guess.