Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Anyone know why blizzard disabled Mutli-Server Cities on certain realms?

Coming from Orgrimmar on Stormrage for 3 days after the patch it was FULL of people and I loved it, coming from a massively Alliance Dominated server. Anyone else experiencing this?
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Coming from Orgrimmar on Stormrage for 3 days after the patch it was FULL of people and I loved it, coming from a massively Alliance Dominated server. Anyone else experiencing this?
    It negatively affected RP servers

As usual, RP people couldn't handle change.

Not really sure the actual reason but, It was super lagged like crazy when they tried to change it we got a broke Org with everyone from battle group in one org with no zepplins
    Last edited by Illidari Tanaslin; 2016-07-25 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    It negatively affected RP servers
    In what way? I feel that it negatively affects normal realms. Why should they be exempted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    More like we didn't want to deal with the perves that would flock our usual RP spots en masse and ruin it for the other RP realms that don't want to put up with that shit. Moonguard does not mix well with Wyrmrest Accord.

Unsure what the point of this comment is.
    Obviously RP realms are close knit communities and they have enough problems with trolls who intentionally make alts to cause trouble on their realms, or you have people who generally don't understand what RP is running up and going "hay guyz whazzz upp???" in the middle of an RP event.

It's unsurprising they were asking BLIZ to exclude their servers from CRZ in major cities and many of the areas they use to hold events.

Fun fact: I don't RP on WoW. I have an alt on an RP server but I don't engage in it and don't enjoy it. -- I do however, enjoy the community on the server. Everyone is so much more friendly than any other realm I've been to. It was nice having a few people actually whisper me and say: "Hey, welcome to the server!" Never seen that before in my life, s'why I chose an RP realm for an alt but I just go off live and let live. They can RP, I can do my dungeons and raids cross-realm. Trade is amusing, people are nice. Why aren't all servers like this?

But it's easy to see the harm and confusion that can cause when you atleast appreciate what RP is.

There's no greater playing field than the mind. They get more outta this game than us end-gamer/raiders do.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2016-07-25 at 05:54 AM.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the roleplayers gathered a mighty army, marched onward and stormed the forums with the typical "OH MY GAWD BLIZZARD YOU'RE RUINING MY IMMERSION!!1!" posts. So blizz then responded by building a wall around the RP realms to keep the non Rp'ers out, the Rp'ers were well satisfied with this change, held hands and had a massive celebration over their victory then decided to call it a day.

Why blizzard even decided to put Rp and non rp servers together in the first place is a mystery that remains unsolved.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    In what way? I feel that it negatively affects normal realms. Why should they be exempted?

I imagine it is hard to roleplay both in /say as well as in /trade when there are twice as many people in Stormwind/Org who are too busy telling anal jokes/talking about the US elections. RP isn't my cup of tea (if I wanted that I'd bust out the D&D books), but I can sympathize. Honestly with as few people who RP in this game when compared with those who don't, I'm surprised they just haven't merged all of the RP servers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Unsure what the point of this comment is.
    Obviously RP realms are close knit communities and they have enough problems with trolls who intentionally make alts to cause trouble on their realms, or you have people who generally don't understand what RP is running up and going "hay guyz whazzz upp???" in the middle of an RP event.

It's unsurprising they were asking BLIZ to exclude their servers from CRZ in major cities and many of the areas they use to hold events.

Fun fact: I don't RP on WoW. I have an alt on an RP server but I don't engage in it and don't enjoy it. -- I do however, enjoy the community on the server. Everyone is so much more friendly than any other realm I've been to. It was nice having a few people actually whisper me and say: "Hey, welcome to the server!" Never seen that before in my life, s'why I chose an RP realm for an alt but I just go off live and let live. They can RP, I can do my dungeons and raids cross-realm. Trade is amusing, people are nice. Why aren't all servers like this?

But it's easy to see the harm and confusion that can cause when you atleast appreciate what RP is.

There's no greater playing field than the mind. They get more outta this game than us end-gamer/raiders do.
    Fun fact, I am an RP'er, so please stop whining about that "I don't get it". I know why people wanted it gone. But also, Fun fact; RP people are those that actually can handle change, unlike your high end raiders.

Then again, I did expect this kind of response with no thought whatsoever.
    @Doctor Deanster, I fully agree there. It's the usual "We RP'ers don't want to be seen with others, KICK EM OUT EHMAGERD". In the meantime the real RP guilds that actually do RP? They don't care and actually just enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, I am an RP'er, so please stop whining about that "I don't get it". I know why people wanted it gone. But also, Fun fact; RP people are those that actually can handle change, unlike your high end raiders.
    Anyone else find this behavior puzzling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, it only gave the feeling of a populated city. All those people you saw? All from different realms. You can't trade with em, can't really play with em. It just puts a bandaid on a festering, stinking wound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Some RP poster said different RP realms had different RP "styles" so...

I don't get it but i don't RP so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Not what I know off. I know it is to be disabled for RP servers.

Nothing to do with handling. There's just more RP people than you think, as our cities almost instantly phases in to multiple versions, so people can't see other RP'ers etc. Breaking the setup apart.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Well, normal realms doesn't seem to fall under as negative effect as RP realms, if you read above as well. Though, they shouldn't be excluded if it is a problem there too, just RP people needing to see each other to actually do the RP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Some RP poster said different RP realms had different RP "styles" so...

I don't get it but i don't RP so yeah.
    Wouldn't say different style, more different methods. Though, the problem of the phasing wasn't due to RP servers connecting but due to them being split up. You could have people from the same server, in different versions of the city.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Rp realms were negatively effected b/c a side effect of CRZ in that it puts people in different phases, meaning we couldn't RP with people that were literally right in front of us

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Anyone else find this behavior puzzling?
    Nope, only you

There is a huge difference between the vocal minority here. So the couple of whining people. And the group of RP people that can actually handle change. The RP people that actually know what RP is.

I know, that there are different types of RP people might be hard to grasp for you. Take all the time you want to let it sink in.

THere is a reason a lot of RP guilds avoid MMO-champion like the plague. There are enough people like Smank screaming that they speak for everyone, and that ALL of the RP'ers will dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, only you

There is a huge difference between the vocal minority here. So the couple of whining people. And the group of RP people that can actually handle change. The RP people that actually know what RP is.

I know, that there are different types of RP people might be hard to grasp for you. Take all the time you want to let it sink in.

THere is a reason a lot of RP guilds avoid MMO-champion like the plague. There are enough people like Smank screaming that they speak for everyone, and that ALL of the RP'ers will dislike it.
    In the end, you cannot speak for all. And that is, in my belief, not why people avoid MMO-champion. There is so many reasons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I don't think its an RP issue we were connected with 2 giant realms and suddenly SW became a roughly 15 realm city where getting close to AH got you down to 20-30 fps.
    This was something most people were complaining about and so now it seems that there are "instances" of SW because during different times of the day it goes from connected and packed to empty without warning.

No idea how it works but it can't have been just for rp realms.
    It is for all, but RP people seem to speak up most due to well, RP. And you still get the FPS drop because of the massive amount of phasing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, only you

No, I'm just confused by your contradictory statements, straw-manning, and poor reading comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In the end, you cannot speak for all. And that is, in my belief, not why people avoid MMO-champion. There is so many reasons.
    Yet, people on this forum can? Like Tehpallytank? like Smank? Double standardsman to the rescue!

I've been in around 6 guilds on 6 different RP characters, all 6 avoid this place like the plague because of the insanely low standards the RP adheres to. Again; THAT IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, THIS BY NO MEANS SHOWS THAT EVERYONE THINKS THIS WAY.

Clear enough for you this time?