Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't have a problem with pandering to the Canadian bleeding hearts, my problem is with their justification. I can understand the guy with PTSD who probably got stop lossed, but the first guy is a coward (I'm not sure/saying I would go put my life on the line, but I would certainly be ready to do so if I signed that paper). They can keep them as far as I am concerned, as long as they never come back (or go to prison the second they do). I don't really like the precedent it sets (how would you EU guys feel if if all of a sudden half the US military was hopping trumps wall down to mexico in the case of a russian invasion of europe and it came time for the US to fulfill its NATO obligations?).
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    [/B]
    This is a tough one. I'm torn as I can see both sides here.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...uring-election
    Something else to consider TA... if you keep all our soldiers that dont want to fight, you might end up with more than enough to defend yourselves without hiding behind the US... Kinda disingenuous that you berate us over the possibility of having to defend yourselves, but at the same time you harbor the cowards (yes, I went there) that signed up to defend you and abandon their post.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Ship them back to face consequences, they knew what they signed up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriusly, Canada.... keep them

Draft dodgers from Vietnam got into government, and many of them decided to start a war in Iraq a lil over a decade ago... keep the draft dodgers, I dont want them to repeat history.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, if I quit my job, I quit my job. It's odd that thats not how it works in the military.
    Well, if you enter into a contract with a company whereby they pay $50k+ to train you, you can get in a lot of trouble by "quitting." It's odd that you think contracts are different just because it's the military.

They should be allowed to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Ship them back to face consequences, they knew what they signed up for.
    To be sent off into an illegal war of aggression sold to the public based on lies?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If you're not willing to fight in wars you don't believe in, then don't enlist in the first place.

Yea, except the soldiers here voluntarily entered the armed forces.

Jesus dude, you always find a way to bitch about Muslims.
    Immigration threads are always fun. /s
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

They willingly enlisted and then abandoned their duties and their fellow soldiers, they should take responsiblity for their actions.

Deleted
    Deport and prosecute. They were payed off tax money for training and work, they knew the dangers of signing up. Actions have consequences, and being soft on them could cause even more problems.

Deleted
    Well, if I quit my job, I quit my job. It's odd that thats not how it works in the military.
    Military is more than a job, it's a duty towards your country. You might've had a point if this was a private mercenary organization, but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    They made the decision to join up, they made the decision to dodge the service, now they can answer for those decisions.

Contrary to what this entitlement puke generation has been programmed to believe, a soldiers function is not to nit-pick command decisions but to carry out their function as a small piece of a large machine.

If they wanted to have little safe space discussion groups over whether a war was justified or not then they should have gone to some liberal leaning university rather than into the armed forces.

How many units acted a man short or with an untrusted/untested replacement because somebody ignored their duty?

I can have pity for somebody with PTSD.

Hell I can even have some minor measure of pity for somebody who is faking PTSD simply because they're scared.

But the guy who says fuck it and walks off?

Piss on them.
    BEFEHL IST BEFEHL. WIR HABEN ES NICHT GEWUSST.

Well, they knew. Everyone knows and knew. They choose not to participate. That's about the same as what your second amendment entails. The right to oppose the stupidity of your governement.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're both war dodgers. men called to service, escaping that service.

don't try to bring up the crap the US has started, i'm against 100% of it and you can look in any political thread to see that. but it would be 100% hypocrisy to deny these guys but allow syrians dodging syrian military service.
    From what I understand it, they were Stop Lossed.

Usually, I'd be right behind going after them, but the whole Stop Loss thing and the way recruitment was handled in many cases was...disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Well, if you enter into a contract with a company whereby they pay $50k+ to train you, you can get in a lot of trouble by "quitting." It's odd that you think contracts are different just because it's the military.
    Thing is - the company cannot modify your contract beyond what was initially agreed on. As far as I understand it, the military can - and did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's a duty to protect your country and its citizens.
    Iraq was nothing of that.
    That's not for grunts to decide. We have ellected officials to decide what is best for the protection of your country.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're both war dodgers. men called to service, escaping that service.

don't try to bring up the crap the US has started, i'm against 100% of it and you can look in any political thread to see that. but it would be 100% hypocrisy to deny these guys but allow syrians dodging syrian military service.
    Except one of them is trying to dodge a war they willingly signed up for when they joined the military. The military of the biggest modern warmongering nation. They knew what they signed up for. The Syrians didn't sign up for shit.

War dodgers are not refugees. If you can't see the difference you'reblonded by your own ignorance.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

if they joined the military voluntarily then they should be sent back to the US, they need to read their contract and honour it. dont just think you can pick and choose what war to fight in, and dont drag Canada into your own pile of shit. hiding behind another country or faking ptsd is plain cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Military is more than a job, it's a duty towards your country. You might've had a point if this was a private mercenary organization, but it's not.
    Well, the US army is pretty close to a private organization. Still, why the military should play by different rules, I just don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    Worst case if I enter a contract and break it, I'll be forced to pay fines.
    No ones going to start a manhunt, chace me over the globe and if they catch me, toss me in prison.
    It's not the same thing.

Deleted
    Well, the US army is pretty close to a private organization. Still, why the military should play by different rules, I just don't get.

Deleted
    They should not be returned.

If the Iraq war was fought due to moral reasons or even any justifiable reason at all, I could agree with returning them. But since the invasion was based of off lies,corruption and just plain old warmongering, they should be given protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they signed up for the military before this middle east war began, then I say let them stay. However if they signed up after knowing about the war, then send them back to the US.