Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    its really possible too make Pyro during combust and getting more pB with fb proc is easy now.

the rotation will be something like that.

2 sec on pull timer

-pot
    -rune of power
    -fireball
    -combustion
    -fB
    -pyro

then u have too cycle it untill the end of combustion then u have 4 fb too keep the dps up

its work for me ! im doing all the time 350k+ burst in pre patch will TW

using rune of power is really important

we should call fire mages The new old Arcane's (without mana problem) and it needs more skills too play

Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    So life definitely gets easier with PF. The only drawback I've heard of with PF (if you even want to call it that) is you can't cast it while casting like FB, so it takes up a global. Can any beta testers speak to this? Is it annoying or will it still for allow for a top notch burst window every time Combustion is up?
    I didn't find it annoying. For me FB being off the GCD can lead to some weird things if you pop it too soon after PB due to latency issues. I may actually have to low of ms (~18 most days) so I have to stutter my casts a bit :/

On beta PF feels great as you're literally launching a phoenix at your target and watching it exploded on them is extremely satisfying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    So life definitely gets easier with PF. The only drawback I've heard of with PF (if you even want to call it that) is you can't cast it while casting like FB, so it takes up a global. Can any beta testers speak to this? Is it annoying or will it still for allow for a top notch burst window every time Combustion is up?
    I would not say its is annoying having it on the GCD, i mean it would be pretty OP if it wasn't seen as it hits almost as hard as a pyro with splash AoE damage thrown in. What it is really good for is bridging the gap between FB cooldowns so the spec feels less like it has dead spots. Also it is great for bridging and allowing you to accumulate FB charges while holding onto Flame On to setup a opener style burst sequence with combustion.

The spec just flows so much better once you get it, and even better once you've got the Phoenix Reborn trait, hardly any dreaded rng drouts and the ability to use burst during opportune moments as well.

It's going to be a fun spec to play IMO, lots of diversity for speccing per encounter as well as being strong for pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juhi View Post
    its really possible too make Pyro during combust and getting more pB with fb proc is easy now.

the rotation will be something like that.

2 sec on pull timer

-pot
    -rune of power
    -fireball
    -combustion
    -fB
    -pyro

then u have too cycle it untill the end of combustion then u have 4 fb too keep the dps up

its work for me ! im doing all the time 350k+ burst in pre patch will TW

using rune of power is really important

we should call fire mages The new old Arcane's (without mana problem) and it needs more skills too play
    ideally, you'd always want to sync combustion and RoP together, wasting 2ish secs on a fire ball between RoP and combustion is a bad idea, especially when that fireball could be a RoP charged pyroblast crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    ideally, you'd always want to sync combustion and RoP together, wasting 2ish secs on a fire ball between RoP and combustion is a bad idea, especially when that fireball could be a RoP charged pyroblast crit.
    true
    but we r talking about 50% spell dmg..! its worth anyway ! im trying too replace fireball with scorch or smt but we can pre cast Pyro (we will lose Rop)
    sync combustion with RoP is the most important thing i found this days.. but if u have any new and fresh ideas let us know
    regards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by juhi View Post
    true
    but we r talking about 50% spell dmg..! its worth anyway ! im trying too replace fireball with scorch or smt but we can pre cast Pyro (we will lose Rop)
    sync combustion with RoP is the most important thing i found this days.. but if u have any new and fresh ideas let us know
    regards
    Personally i think its just better to pre-cast pyro if that doesn't crit then cast Fireball until heating up then RoP/Comb/Fireblast>Pyro, that way you sync RoP and Comb, you fit more pyros into that lost 2s and more chances of Pyromanic procs.

Its a band aid version of how you will open once you've got the artifact and Phoenix Flames and the Phoenix Reborn Trait, where precasting pyro>phoenix flames is at least a guaranteed heating up, and puts PF immediatley on charge so your not wasting trait reset procs then you save a FB and gain a pyro or spend a FB and open as normal but instead of casting scorch in the last 2s of Comb you use PF.

To elaborate see below:

PrePatch lvl 100: Pot>Precast Pyro>Fball(until HU)>RoP/Comb/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>Scorch>Pyro

Legion lvl 110: Pot>Precast Pyro(crit)>PF>Rop/Comb>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>PF>Pyro

Legion lvl 110: Pot>Precast Pyro(non-crit)>PF>RoP/Comb/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>PF>Pyro
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2016-07-24 at 12:53 PM.

With the Flame Patch buff, is it better to Flame Strike on 2 + stationary targets instead of Pyro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post

To elaborate see below:

PrePatch lvl 100: Pot>Precast Pyro>Fball(until HU)>RoP/Comb/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>Scorch>Pyro

Legion lvl 110: Pot>Precast Pyro(crit)>PF>Rop/Comb>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>PF>Pyro

Legion lvl 110: Pot>Precast Pyro(non-crit)>PF>RoP/Comb/FB>Pyro/FB>FO>Pyro/FB>Pyro/FB>Pyro>PF>Pyro
    these should be the optimal openers from what i can see, i can see the merit of using firestarter in raids allowing you to spam fireballs instead of fireblast and then save the FO and fireblasts for after the boss has reached below 85% with combust, too bad firestarter is too nichy and generally not worth using.

Is there something I am missing or do the t19 bonuses seem weak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrakerx View Post
    Is there something I am missing or do the t19 bonuses seem weak?
    well they are definately bland but also deceptive. the 2pc gives you some crit protection on fireball so that with the crit you'll have when you start raiding, you'll crit basically every 2 fireballs for certain and the 4 pc gives 30% haste for 10 secs when you get hot streak, this will result in faster fireball casts which with the 2pc has a good chance of reliably critting and it will afaik also reduce the cd of fireblast potentially allowing you to get 2 fireblasts off cd within the 10 secs which will ultimately result in more hot streaks overall and more pyroblasts. the t19 basically gives you a hot streak proc every 2-3 fireballs and will prolong our burst window by reliably getting 7-8 combust*RoP on the opener. keep in mind, you basically get a 10 sec TW/BL every time you get a hot streak, it potentially means you could reliably get a hot streak chain that lasts for most of the duration of a TW.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-07-24 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    With the Flame Patch buff, is it better to Flame Strike on 2 + stationary targets instead of Pyro?
    Curious about this aswell.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    these should be the optimal openers from what i can see, i can see the merit of using firestarter in raids allowing you to spam fireballs instead of fireblast and then save the FO and fireblasts for after the boss has reached below 85% with combust, too bad firestarter is too nichy and generally not worth using.
    If the ring is popped at 0, the prepatch opener is wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    If the ring is popped at 0, the prepatch opener is wrong.
    Well i don't have the ring on my mage as i only pvp'd with him during WoD, so i was writing from that relative aspect, so not wrong, different. Perhaps i should have mentioned that i had no ring.

That being said, care to elaborate on what is the correct sequence if you do have the ring then? Since if its different people will want to know.

Deleted
    hey guys

a pvp question for you

Can somebody confirm if the pvp template at 110 for fire mage is reducing the dmg of pyro to 70%??

I just don't understand this, its totally against the class fantasy of the mobile high dmg hitting caster...I am just tickling ppl with pyros now wtf! 20k crits its just anti climaxing.. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    its totally against the class fantasy of the mobile high dmg hitting caster
    Where was that established?

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I'm still not sure whether after combustion drops it is better to continue to burn your last PF charge if the last pyro crits on a second RoP since you could save it to even out an RNG drout whilst your FB is coming off cooldown, since our crit is going to be pretty low in starter gear and i'm testing with full pvp gear.
    Pretty low? I am 844 on beta and haven't done any mythic dungeons yet and I have 49.26% crit with food and flask as a draenei. Not sure where your threshold for pretty low is but I am willing to bet 50% crit isn't it. Not to mention this is before the 1.3 multiplier for some of our spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Pretty low? I am 844 on beta and haven't done any mythic dungeons yet and I have 49.26% crit with food and flask as a draenei. Not sure where your threshold for pretty low is but I am willing to bet 50% crit isn't it. Not to mention this is before the 1.3 multiplier for some of our spells.
    Good to know, like i said i've only been testing on the PvP realm with that gear, if we're hovering at ~50% crit then thats no worries then to my previous post. Aside from that i've found that PF is actually much better used to allow you to recharge your FO and FB to setup a bit combustion similar to what you will open with, it bridges the gap and prevents any drout in crits prior to Comb coming off cooldown, so spending them asap to get them recharging is definitely fine, especially with the Phoenix Reborn Trait.

Also beginning to dig cinderstorm over kindling since once you've got the hang of aiming it, its really nice for casting during ST when you are waiting on a FB coming off cooldown but don't want to cast fireball and lose your HU, that and it makes lining up FO with combustion a lot easier due it not being reduced by rng crits.

Kindling will probably overtake it no doubt when we have shit loads of crit, but for now it feels the better way to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    If im hardcasting pyro out of nowhere while having procs up does that mean im going too fast for the server to register my attacks? I want to waste no time during combustion and push out all my abilities as fast as possible but most times im hardcasting pyrobast instead of using the instant proc

I really do hope they are fixing the Rune of Power bug anytime soon.. even though I'm aware that I shouldn't be casting a rune close to someone else now, it still happens sometimes and I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the hotfixes. It's pretty damn annoying to accidently cast 2 runes close to eachother and 1 person not getting the buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    If im hardcasting pyro out of nowhere while having procs up does that mean im going too fast for the server to register my attacks? I want to waste no time during combustion and push out all my abilities as fast as possible but most times im hardcasting pyrobast instead of using the instant proc
    You are Fire Blasting during hard casting Pyroblast. Fire Blast can now be casted during hard casts.