Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Will there be any Bernie Cosplayers there? Only 4 panels? What a shitty convention imo.

Bernie cos players are at full speed.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-07-25 at 02:05 PM.

Bernie still speaking? Lol, I wonder how Bernie supporters feel after seeing that the dnc did rig the election against him. I couldn't support the party if I were Bernie after knowing they rigged everything against me, is that really a party u want to support?

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Bernie still speaking? Lol, I wonder how Bernie supporters feel after seeing that the dnc did rig the election against him. I couldn't support the party if I were Bernie after knowing they rigged everything against me, is that really a party u want to support?
    he lost the primary, he lost it fair and square. sure you can say the odds were stacked against him but he still came up short in the votes. also he doesn't want to see Trump become president, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    he lost the primary, he lost it fair and square. sure you can say the odds were stacked against him but he still came up short in the votes. also he doesn't want to see Trump become president, that's about it.
    Fair and square?! Man what cool aid do they have u drinking...

Fair and square?! Man what cool aid do they have u drinking...
    lol, the brand that's still not voting for either party this election? Sander's did not get the majority vote to get the nomination. he lost. you can argue the DNC wasn't impartial but Sander's isn't even a democrat FFS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Will there be any Bernie Cosplayers there? Only 4 panels? What a shitty convention imo.
    Depends if you donate to their kickstarter or not. It's hard to cosplay when you are living on your 2rd cousin couch!

The fact that the DNC chair had to resign should have told you how fair and square it was...n't.

But the big winner here was Wikileaks

Frustration over Wasserman Schultz and the DNC boiled over earlier this summer, when there were rumblings that she could be dumped before the convention in the name of party unity.

Sanders supporters have been angry with Wasserman Schultz and the DNC for some time, believing she has repeatedly undermined or slighted their candidate, who ran an unexpectedly strong campaign against Clinton in the Democratic primaries.

Wasserman Schultz pushed back against the rumors, and it appeared she would survive — until last Friday, when Wikileaks released its emails, including one in which DNC staffers seemed to discuss using questions about Sanders’s faith against him.

One Clinton ally said Wasserman Schultz meant well but that “she turned out to be the ultimate pain in the ass.”

“Every single time the campaign started to gain their footing, she would do something else to set us back,” the Clinton ally told The Hill on Sunday. “And it wasn't helpful. It became an annoyance.

-----------------

The smell from this scandal will pervade the convention.

It's funny. The opening news today was about her resignation.
    When Hillary tried to parade Kaine yesterday...it was all about Wasserman Schultz, with Kaine getting barely a mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie said all along the DNC was against him and he still supports Hillary. That there is now evidence of what Bernie knew all along isn't going to change his tune.

This whole Bernie burning down the DNC is just a wet dream of conservatives and hardcore Bernie supporters.

Everyone seems to completely forget that when Bernie entered the race he did so to challenge the establishment and push Progressive ideals. I'm willing to pay good money he didn't think he'd win back then...then it caught fire and victory was in sight -- but now that's gone and he's back to pushing his ideals and trying to move the democratic party left. You know what won't accomplish that? Burning it down and getting Trump elected.

I simply cannot fathom the irrational thought process that leads people to expect Bernie to give Trump the presidency....doubly so given a vacancy on the Supreme Court!

I don't think Bernie is going to accomplish anything, Hillary and the Democrats don't care about his views, Hillary is already moving center and will do what is best for her and her special interests.

I always felt Bernie was against everything that Hillary represented, him endorsing her shows me he has no spine and y he wouldn't accomplish anything. I personally feel Bernie endorsing Hillary shows he has disenfranchised his campaign and his voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt Bernie was against everything that Hillary represented, him endorsing her shows me he has no spine and y he wouldn't accomplish anything. I personally feel Bernie endorsing Hillary shows he has disenfranchised his campaign and his voters.
    Everyone wants Bernie to be this ideologue. But he's acting in a realistic manner. He knows the choice is Trump or Clinton.

Which pick do you think would be a better change for his progressive platform to move forward with?

This seems like the simple political calculations that every politician with an agenda does, yet somehow when Bernie does it it's like the worst thing ever? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The fact that the DNC chair had to resign should have told you how fair and square it was...n't.
    did he get the majority votes to win the primary? no, that's the point I'm making. you can drone on about how unfair they were to him but at the end of the day the dems picked Hillary over him.

and yes I think it's beyond ridiculous to bring that woman on as a campaign chair, I want trump to lose as much as Sander's does. but that move right there only helps Trump come up with ways to undermine her. but truth be told she hasn't really run away from those accusations of corruption far as I can tell. why I'm not going to bother voting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Bernie said all along the DNC was against him and he still supports Hillary. That there is now evidence of what Bernie knew all along isn't going to change his tune.
    Probably not.

But...but he's never been one to opt for ethics out of convenience.

He chose a path that was more difficult, made more so by an organization that was supposed to have been impartial. Had the DNC been the impartial organization that it was supposed to have been, well, we can't predict what might have been, but that he gave one hell of a fight despite the odds I'd say it's a safe bet that he could have been the nominee today.

- - - Updated - - -

did he get the majority votes to win the primary? no, that's the point I'm making. you can drone on about how unfair they were to him but at the end of the day the dems picked Hillary over him.
    Let me repeat a point:
    Had the DNC been the impartial organization that it was supposed to have been, well, we can't predict what might have been, but that he gave one hell of a fight despite the odds I'd say it's a safe bet that he could have been the nominee today.

This shouldn't sit well with anyone.

Everyone wants Bernie to be this ideologue. But he's acting in a realistic manner. He knows the choice is Trump or Clinton.

Which pick do you think would be a better change for his progressive platform to move forward with?

This seems like the simple political calculations that every politician with an agenda does, yet somehow when Bernie does it it's like the worst thing ever? I just don't get it.
    I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out to these clowns that Bernie doesn't want Trump to be president, and to help make sure that doesn't happen he has to go with the one other candidate that can stand against him, if it was someone other than Clinton I fully expect he'd put his weight behind them.

I'm watching a stream right now and I'm seeing a ton of Bernie signs being held up. A bunch of "Hillary for sale" signs and stuff.

Doesn't seem like Hillary has a lot of popular support.

10+ Year Old Account
    that he gave one hell of a fight despite the odds I'd say it's a safe bet that he could have been the nominee today.
    No one will know, but everyone seems to forget Sanders' late start combined with his status of being virtually unknown. Personally I think he didn't have a chance of winning regardless of the DNC bias -- mainly because he had a ton of ground to catch up on and that likely was insurmountable.

He did amazing in the campaign and succeeded in altering the dialogue and gaining a significant amount of power in the party -- which is amazing given he wasn't actually a member of the democratic party until now (another fact that everyone seems to overlook).

Let me repeat a point:
    Had the DNC been the impartial organization that it was supposed to have been, well, we can't predict what might have been, but that he gave one hell of a fight despite the odds I'd say it's a safe bet that he could have been the nominee today.

This shouldn't sit well with anyone.
    yeah I'm not going to put weight into a hypothetical. he didn't run his campaign in an effective manner and lost big time with several voting blocks of the dems. i don't think he had the mathematical chances of pulling it off and he even said so at the start of his bid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out to these clowns that Bernie doesn't want Trump to be president, and to help make sure that doesn't happen he has to go with the one other candidate that can stand against him, if it was someone other than Clinton I fully expect he'd put his weight behind them.
    That's why I kept saying that Bernie will endorse Clinton from the start. I got scoffed at repeatedly and lo and behold not only did he do so but he did so before I thought he would (I thought he'd wait until the convention or just after).

There is no scenario I can see that would cause Bernie to actively work against his agenda to propose a Trump presidency. That people seem to expect him to out of some ideological snit is just really really strange to me.

He was the one who started this "movement" against corruption, establishment, Wall Street etc. Hillary is the status quo candidate, Bernie wanted change, endorsed the opposite. Maybe things will move a little in his direction but not even close to what he wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was the one who started this "movement" against corruption, establishment, Wall Street etc. Hillary is the status quo candidate, Bernie wanted change, endorsed the opposite. Maybe things will move a little in his direction but not even close to what he wanted.
    But what's the alternative? Campaigning against Clinton? Campaigning for Trump? Staying silent and just praying Trump doesn't win?

OF COURSE this isn't the ideal scenario for Bernie's agenda. But given what is at stake there is a calculation that has to be made -- and with the SCOTUS at play the ramifications of this election could last for decades. A conservative SCOTUS could set the progressive agenda back 30-40 years -- Bernie knows this and he knows Clinton at worst would pick a moderate SCOTUS candidate but would likely appoint someone with liberal leanings. Who knows what Trump would actually do, but his short list of nominees, the GOP platform, and his VP pick speaks volumes about what we could expect.

yeah I'm not going to put weight into a hypothetical. he didn't run his campaign in an effective manner and lost big time with several voting blocks of the dems. i don't think he had the mathematical chances of pulling it off and he even said so at the start of his bid.
    With the DNC against him...of course. That was the organization that was supposed to help. And he got nothing.

But what's the alternative? Campaigning against Clinton? Campaigning for Trump? Staying silent and just praying Trump doesn't win?
    He could run an Independent campaign.
    Considering how little help the DNC gave him, it seems he should be used to it.