Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Fights with helmets and pads, real bad ass
    No you take the helmet off and remove your gloves. This leaves the head and hands exposed. Some leave their helmets on, we call them pussies.

As I read the title, I assumed a child kicked a mans seat, he turn around and pulled a gun on the kid. This made me think, wow what a crazy nut job. Then you read what actually happened, but of course most people will just read the title and believe that is what actually happened.

Woo ever threw the punch first is in the wrong, but I can't blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked to pull out a gun and stop it.
    Not going to lie, I probably would not shed a tear for the father here if he had been shot. I really cannot stand parents that would rather defend their little shits than correct their behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

So he pulled the gun because he was losing the fight. Not because the kid was kicking his seat.

If I started kicking your ass and you had a gun, would you use it or just take it like a man?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends, if I felt my life was in danger I would, then again I wouldn't engage in a fist fight while being armed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Depends, if I felt my life was in danger I would, then again I wouldn't engage in a fist fight while being armed in the first place.
    Isn't there a saying "Do not bring a knife to a gun fight". Well this guy brought a gun to a fist fight. If a guy is looking to get in a fight or even one of those people who smart talk and this person always knows back in his mind he has a gun on him. I think it is on that dude then.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This guy could be in trouble. Illinois is not an open-carry state.
    Did you not even read the first paragraph? Illinois man IN KENTUCKY. Kentucky is open carry. They also recognize IL CCL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    He can have a CCP and still be charged for having a firearm in the theater. By the looks of the article, he wasn't arrested, just barred.
    The story says the police are bringing the case to the DA and are seeking charges. It could be disturbing the peace or the like, but if he has a legal CC permit for a legal gun, I'm not sure they can press charges for having a gun in the theater. Barred yes (and he is) but I don't think theaters are legal gun-free zones or the like.

Again, still need more info. He "could" be in trouble.

Sometime it's not your choice... I have been in lots of fights in my youth, not a single one did I throw the first punch.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Probably should have their guardianship of their children evaluated too.
    It shouldn't go that far, but a message needs to be sent that violence of this nature isn't acceptable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that saying you would avoid the situation due to the additional legal ramifications (of having a deadly weapon), or that you would draw your weapon even sooner - before any threat of violence?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Seat + Fight = Gun - True
    Not
    Seat = Gun - False
    Okay, you're just being really pedantic and playing with semantics. I'm not going to bother doing this with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Is that saying you would avoid the situation due to the additional legal ramifications (of having a deadly weapon), or that you would draw your weapon even sooner - before any threat of violence?
    Either or, depends on situation. I would try to avoid it altogether but if I felt it was comming to a physical altercation regardless, then I would draw my weapon to avoid it.

As I read the title, I assumed a child kicked a mans seat, he turn around and pulled a gun on the kid. This made me think, wow what a crazy nut job. Then you read what actually happened, but of course most people will just read the title and believe that is what actually happened.

Woo ever threw the punch first is in the wrong, but I can't blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked to pull out a gun and stop it.

As far as i can tell...the "media" didn't lie about anything....if all you do is read the headline and expect that to be the whole story...you only have yourself to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was on my local news, KFVS12, the boy kicked the mans seat once, he turned around and told him to stop. When he turned around again the boy started doing it again. The man then got up and cursed at the child. Then the father stepped in pushing the man back which initiated the physical altercation then the pulling of the gun.

The person who was getting his seat kicked should have addressed the father with the issue and if the father did not handle the problem, he should have talked to the usher. I am not going to argue whether or not the gun owner should be charged. All in all it falls down to two adults acting like children and they should both be charged with disturbing the peace.

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    He can have a CCP and still be charged for having a firearm in the theater. By the looks of the article, he wasn't arrested, just barred. So I'm assuming he had a CCP and the cinema is pressing charges and not the police. Places like that are considered private property, CCP or not, firearms aren't permitted.
    Lol what? Someone doesn't understand firearms laws. Theaters are not prohbited locations in Kentucky or anywhere else that I'm aware of in the US. Private property doesn't mean no guns unless the state has a law allowing it to post and they post. Kentucky is very pro gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Its like im living in a loony bin here, is there really no one concerned that a guy who starts a fight, loses it and pulls out a gun, is allowed to carry said gun in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    As far as i can tell...the "media" didn't lie about anything....if all you do is read the headline and expect that to be the whole story...you only have yourself to blame.
    When it miss leads it is lying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    The person who was getting his seat kicked should have addressed the father with the issue and if the father did not handle the problem, he should have talked to the usher. I am not going to argue whether or not the gun owner should be charged. All in all it falls down to two adults acting like children and they should both be charged with disturbing the peace.
    The problem i have is that adults that act like children are allowed to carry guns in the first place, don't they screen those people?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Its like im living in a loony bin here, is there really no one concerned that a guy who starts a fight, loses it and pulls out a gun, is allowed to carry said gun in the first place?
    Well since that's not what happened, the man who pulled the gun was assaulted first ans was defending himself but fuck facts.