Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I won't lie, I could have sworn Hav0kk only played on private servers and just came here to talk crap about how WoW is currently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I won't lie, I could have sworn Hav0kk only played on private servers and just came here to talk crap about how WoW is currently.
    your not wrong, maybe his server got shut down, shut itself down, banned him for no reason, has been crashing non stop, or has lost popularity to the point there is no community, or he got kicked from his guild cause he wasent willing to pay 150$ for a sulfuras
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I am speechless. This had to be one of the stupidest requests I've ever seen.

This post gave me my %DV of Sodium. Thanks.

Just no. This is getting ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    It may not be a big deal to players who have only been playing a couple of years because they dont notice it, and quite a few ppl actually like the new models, but there is quite a few of us who much prefer the feeling of playing a character as we made him, many years ago, we never asked blizzard to change it. there is literally no way to return our characters to how they where before patch 7.0
    Been playing since the launch, and I am loving the update. Sorry, but things change and with changes, some things become better for many and worse for some.

You can still use the old models, no? Unsure, don't like them so never checked. I rather a game evolves than stays back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I do agree that some animations seem over-the-top (especially the jumpy ones) but even as a hopeless nostalgic I don't think that the option to have old animations is really needed. Rogue feels better than ever despite the prune and it's mostly thanks to the new paint job Blizzard has done.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-07-25 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Been playing since the launch, and I am loving the update. Sorry, but things change and with changes, some things become better for many and worse for some.

You can still use the old models, no? Unsure, don't like them so never checked. I rather a game evolves than stays back.
    The old models use the new Legion animations.

Ok...quit then.....don't complain. It's 2016, the game needs these change, if you want to live back in 2004 or so forth, then go on private server, that's your only other option.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Honestly, I think you're right. Hmph, maybe he got banned? Server got shut? Server shut itself? idk...

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    i absolutely despise the way my character moves around now and much preferred the open to use the old character models and animations, they had it perfect in the first place so why did they change my characters looks so much when it wasnt asked for. i also hate the sounds the character makes they dont look or feel anything that i got used to over the course of 11 years, its like im playing a different game, just give us the option to use old animations and sounds especially the bow and gun sounds, its seriously turning me off playing the game.

It may not be a big deal to players who have only been playing a couple of years because they dont notice it, and quite a few ppl actually like the new models, but there is quite a few of us who much prefer the feeling of playing a character as we made him, many years ago, we never asked blizzard to change it. there is literally no way to return our characters to how they where before patch 7.0
    It WAS indeed asked for dude - I kno i asked for updated graphics and animations multiple times so....
    And eww - How do u guys find amazing new ways to find 'problems' Geeze - the game was 11 yrs old and ugly. They need to keep up with the times as best as they can with their old engine - they are still leagues behind but its VERY nice to see the effort they are putting in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I'd rather have them improving the newer sounds. Some of them are nice, but things like non-stop whistles and cringy "raawwrrgg" noises when doing some insanely powerful mega combo obliterating skill (that hits the NPC for 10% of its health) are "meh".

And I'm still anticipating more character model adjustments, like making human males look a bit cooller and less redneck-derpy and night elf males stand a bit more upright. But at least some of the oversized helmet issues are getting fixed so I guess I got that going, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    they are still leagues behind
    I could not disagree more. The surreal graphics of WoW is what makes it so unique. It has a very catchy atmosphere and I'm convinced it is partially responsible for the attractiveness/succes WoW has had. Cloning it to something like Black Desert or GW2 would make it lose all its charisma.
    Last edited by Arenis; 2016-07-25 at 09:04 PM. Reason: response

Peoples changes, y'know?

The new combat animations are so VERY NICE. My fury warrior now feels like he's busting through packs of mobs and carving them up. My feral druid looks like he swipes mobs in half with his claws. The different animations go together so very well and feel so SMOOTH.

i dunno about old animations, but i dont see why floating text on target is passively turned off when u also use an addon for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Tfw you have a minority opinion.

Sorry OP, but I don't think many people will agree with your taste.
    But it's not like giving people options hurts anyone..

I don't agree with the OP at all, I LOVE the new animations, but it shouldn't be so difficult to just have an interface option where you can activate the old animations..

Deleted
    I'm so glad they finally got rid of those old shitty animations that looked like retarded autistic monkey swinging stick with broken arms...

It looks much much more fluid and "realistic"... New whirlwind animation is just gorgerous not to mention rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I'm so glad they finally got rid of those old shitty animations that looked like retarded autistic monkey swinging stick with broken arms...

It looks much much more fluid and "realistic"... New whirlwind animation is just gorgerous not to mention rampage
    Rampage is just....right.

I honestly don't understand why Blizzard went back on supporting the old style of models and animations so quickly. I agree, old animations and models will appeal to some people and of course performance to some extent -- I prefer old animations on some races because quite a few new animations are too cartoony or bouncy for me. But regardless of that fact, I think it was just Blizzard wanted to not deal with keeping up with old animations that would possibly break the new code, models, and such.

Quick question.Some spell in the past had sound effects?If not this thread title is wrong.

Deleted
    The undead casting animation looks pathetic comared to the old one, it was much better, male taurens run like some autistic cartoon character, trolls run like complete mongoliods, the list goes on, they have completley ruined most of the animations for most of the races, the textures of the faces ect are much better but in the process they destoyed the animations of most races, the only one i like now is blood elf female because it still runs and looks as it used to.