View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Question Max Camera Distance and Subscription

So as many of you know since the Pre-Patch the maximum distance of the camera has been reduced to facesitting levels.
    Which would have been easier on the eyes if we had more big female bosses but sadly we have to make due with Archimonde or Mannoroth.

To follow the discussion on US (over 6 capped threads):
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747685700

To follow the discussion on EU:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2331418?page=1

If Blizzard manages to fix the other graphical issues causing people to get dizzy and sick as you can read here.

Would you continue playing WoW with this new camera distance if it would not make you ill/sick? Would you be willing to play a game where camera micromanagement will become a major element of gameplay in raids?

I wanted to make a poll to get a feel how people feel about it.
    In addition post your perspective in the game like Mythic Raider, Heroic Raidleader, PvP, Dungeons only, LFR only etc.... please

So as an example:
    I am a Mythic raidleader and fall in the 3rd category. It is game breaking for me but I won't quit right away because I already bought Legion and I have strong social ties binding me to the game (Wife, RL-friends, guild). I can see myself doing 1 or 2 tiers before I rather want to slam my head into a brick wall instead of spending one more minute into camera micromanagement in raids.

I would like to hear your stories and perspectives on this.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2016-07-26 at 12:42 PM.

It annoys me, but it won't factor in on my decision to stay or leave. Honestly, if I were intending to tank or mdps in this expansion it may be more of a factor for me.

Still, graphic and view settings for me have always fell into the "let the player choose" bucket for all game styles, not just MMO's. You see these same sort of arguments in FPS games that try to limit FOV settings. I get that they want players to appreciate their artwork, but I question how many players are appreciating artwork when focused on a boss encounter, or how many players are missing out on details if they have to run the game at lower detail settings.

And if the argument is that the setting was not obvious to many players, therefore providing an 'advantage', then Blizzard should take a closer look at things like macros and add-ons as well. I doubt they want to actually go down that road though.

Skill level: average at best if not a bit below, LFR / normal, dungeons.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-07-26 at 01:16 PM.

Anyone saying they will quit over it is a total moron since you can just change it back to far as hell in the interface settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anyone saying they will quit over it is a total moron since you can just change it back to far as hell in the interface settings.
    No you cant and thats the point of this discussion....

It's limited to the pre-script levels for me, unless they changed it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    they did make the standard slider max camera view distance slightly further out than prior to 7.0, but in no way is it anything close to what it was using /console macro.

Edit:- mythic raider btw. is annoying as hell as melee but iv gotten slightly used to it having played the beta since march. Wont be enough to make me stop playing, im older than 6 years old.

Have you tried this AddOn? http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/adv...terfaceoptions

Friend got it recommended for the camera issue, haven't tested it myself.

I personally always used the maximum default distance, so it doesn't affect me at all.

Why do people spread such misinformation? I have read this way too often. Even on Max setting the cams distance isn't even close to what was possible before... .

10+ Year Old Account
    yes its abit annoyin, but not the end of the world annoyin like people act on forum
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, you can't, and that's the issue. Sure, you can zoom further out than 1st person(which I assume you play in, considering you call the awful new max distance "far as hell"), but it's nowhere near the old zoom.

I'm not quitting over it, but it's definitely one of the bigger issues I have with Legion. If I find a 3rd party tool that lets me fix the camera distance, I will however use it regardless of what the ToS might say.

This is as a mythic raiding melee(primarily, also play every other role to some extent)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-07-26 at 01:46 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

LOL
    You are one of the guys blizz is refering to as disadvantaged for not knowing the console command. How do people not know that console command, its like WoW 101, its the first thing i had to research on how to do when i joined the game back in 2007.

Not sure why blizz have to remove it when they can just add more levels on that slider, they did it with graphical settings >.<
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-07-26 at 01:47 PM.

There could be people with genuine issues regarding motion sickness, but blizzard have said that the zoom was not the only change to the camera, and therefore not being in isolation means there could be other reasons for those issues.

Too much exaggeration and rudeness surrounding it.
    There are plenty of people claiming they will unsubscribe over this who are just looking for an excuse, some reason to blame someone else rather than being mature enough to just do it and shut up.

There are just too many refusing to acknowledge that there could be other causes or factors.
    They just take their popular gripe, and attribute that to be the sole cause even when it isn't in isolation.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Community Manager
    First and foremost, please know that this is a topic of discussion and development across multiple teams here. We have teammates who are sensitive to motion sickness. We care very much about making sure playing our game doesn’t make you – or them – feel unwell.

Although the maximum camera distance changes are the most immediately noticeable, there were several less-apparent changes made to how the camera functions in the pre-expansion patch, and we’ve already identified some cases where those changes may be causing issues. Here’s a few examples:

We’ve found an issue with camera shake effects, which we’re currently working to hotfix (if you’ve run Bloodmaul Slag Mines since the patch, you’ve likely noticed this one).
    There was a systemic change to our graphical renderer which changes the way FoV is calculated. Manually resizing the viewable game area (which is usually done via “viewport” addons) may be affecting the game camera differently than before. We have identified the cause of this issue and are actively addressing it.
    We’re also tracking down some vehicle-related camera bugs.

We believe that underlying issues like these are the actual source of many of the motion sickness concerns. To that end, if you find yourself feeling ill in-game, examples of where you were and what you were doing at the time would be very useful for helping us track down exactly what’s causing the issue, especially if you can provide video footage so that we can see what the camera was doing at the time.

This issue is very important to us, and we’re working hard on investigating and correcting it as quickly as possible. Any examples you can send us are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4593?page=5#88

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    ^^
    He is one of the guys blizz is refering to as disadvantaged for not knowing the console command. Not sure why blizz have to remove it when they can just add more levels on that slider, they did it with graphical settings >.<
    Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    Not liking an answer is one thing, but dismissing it without providing any other argument other than it being "bad" is not fine.

The majority apparantly didn't know about the console command or other means of accessing it, so the majority apparantly managed just fine.
    The kneejerk response that it is simply "unplayable" for melee or tanks is just wrong.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-26 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

While I somewhat agree quitting is a little much, the max distance is not enough for some, including me. I will get over it personally, but I definitely preferred the increased distance pre patch.

Also, some people get motion sickness from the current max. I would imagine those people don't want to play a game that makes them sick.

And my personal last point. Tanking with the current max distance? Forget it.

It's an even playing field. If you're not a keyboard turning clicker noob, you should be happy because you will now play that much better than others!

I don't see a problem here. We will now play the game as Bliz wanted it played. I hope they do not change it back. At the same time if there are clipping problems they should fix them.

Honestly it looks better for playing and watching the game (streaming).
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-07-26 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    It annoyed me a lot for a day or two.
    Over it now. It'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No you cant and thats the point of this discussion....
    Interface-Camera- Chnge the default from Near to Far. That is very far from what I looked at last night.

Deleted
    Mythic raider and PVP player.... No problem to me at all. Always used the basic interface no macro. I honestly don't see the problem besides the "I like it that's why". As someone that never used it, I never felt at an disadvantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Interface-Camera- Chnge the default from Near to Far. That is very far from what I looked at last night.

That's how I always did it, had to do it again for pre patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next in ridiculous reactions:

Dalaran pavement cleanness and Subscription

If that's far to you, I have no idea how you even play the game honestly. Like, do you actually play with the camera at near? It's really not very far compared to what was available before. I really hope you're just trolling and not actually that clueless.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Did you play first person before?