7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Anyone else having issues with Disc Priests in pvp? They are just beyond stupid to try and kill for me. The others I can handle, but disc is almost seems broken.
    in what lv?

im just making new classes to up and see how they are, and low lv pvp is disgusting, disc priests are stupid as fuck indeed, most of then stay 30/1 44/2

i know the game is balanced for the 110, but since we get new pvp status on bgs, how hard is nerf they damage?

arms can only get rage trough rush, can someone tell me if 110 and 100 if rage is a problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rage is always a problem and that is why everyone specs Dauntless outside of PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    that is sad, cause i damn like overpower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Rage is always a problem and that is why everyone specs Dauntless outside of PvP.
    Isnt haste going to help with Rage reggen? How much different does the spec feel at 30 or 50 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Isnt haste going to help with Rage reggen? How much different does the spec feel at 30 or 50 haste?
    Haste makes you generate more rage, but it also makes your GCDs faster. In other words, you spend rage faster as well.
    It is a rage neutral stat until 100%, which is not attainable. This also only accounts for 100% uptime on the target with 0 latency.

Crit helps rage regen because autoattack crits still generate double rage (if i am not mistaken). Crit, however, is devalued because of Battle Cry. It is not a bad stat, but not a great stat either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Arms has way too many gcd's to fill. Rend isn't even that bad but since there's too many fucking gcd's to fill, Rend is bad because you can't ignore CS or MS or Overpower (if you're specced). There's too many fucking abilities resetting or proccing where even Whirlwind takes the back seat unless its complete aoe where you just spam it and throw a fucking cleave off cd. Speaking of Cleave, its worthless/deals no damage its only there when you have 3+ targets and you just mindless hit it off cd and spam whirlwind while CS/OP proc 100 times while MS and Slam do nothing

It's like why the fuck even have Overpower/Rend as talents or Slam as an ability when they just get in the fucking way and can't be used? Sweeping Strikes being a shitty talent sucks too and its range is fucking horrible. What exactly was wrong with WoD Sweeping Strikes? Why can't Arms be amazing at cleave? Nope, can't have that, lets have shitty Whirlwind/Cleave spam while everything else just sits there ignored.

Running Mortal Combo will make you hate this spec 100 times more too because MS seems to never have a cool down thanks to fucking tactician reseting MS. So you can legitimately get into situations where all you're doing is spamming MS while everything else is just ignored.

Lame.
    This is pretty much on point. The spec has so many bloated mechanics and buttons. As i said earlier, Arms is just the byproduct of several builds where they've put new stuff but didn't remove or move older stuff. There as so many ideas that were thrown that do not make sense.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is sad, cause i damn like overpower
    The spec functions without Dauntless just fine. Smart use of Cooldowns as well as utiling Heroic Charge (Using Heroic Leap, than Charging back in) helps a ton. Likewise talenting Deadly Calm can help alivitae rage issues.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

I just did my first raid since the patch and got pretty destroyed on the damage meters. I went from being in the top 3 to doing literally half the damage of the hunters.

Is there a guide to how arms should be played now somewhere? I've noticed people saying to use whirlwind but the T18 bonuses boost slam, so it would seem like slam is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Klendathu View Post
    I just did my first raid since the patch and got pretty destroyed on the damage meters. I went from being in the top 3 to doing literally half the damage of the hunters.

Is there a guide to how arms should be played now somewhere? I've noticed people saying to use whirlwind but the T18 bonuses boost slam, so it would seem like slam is the way to go.
    You can't play Arms in the pre-patch. There's no trick, no magic formula. Arms is a special kind of bad without its artifact weapon.

went thru a couple of pages but couldnt find an answer. assuming lvl 110 maxed artifact when is it worth using execute ? should i be spamming execute when it is available ? or does ms/op do more damage than execute now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Klendathu View Post

Arms without Shattered Defenses (artifact trait) is a none-existing spec. It just doesn't work without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Arms without Shattered Defenses (artifact trait) is a none-existing spec. It just doesn't work without it.
    And Will of the First King, and Exploit the Weakness, and Precise Strikes, And Corrupted Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    And Will of the First King, and Exploit the Weakness, and Precise Strikes, And Corrupted Blood.
    i meant as the basic of the basic, all others are DPS wise improvments. SD alone is a rotation altering trait which brings in an actual new machanic

Question regarding AoE:

Had anyone of the beta testers the chance to test AoE with the legendary Weight of the Earth ?
    With the talent "Bounding Stride" we have every 30 seconds AoE Colossus Smash from Heroic Leap and every 1 minute AoE Colossus Smash from Warbreaker.

Sounds not too bad for me.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    anyone tested http://www.wowhead.com/item=137060 ?

is it like in for the kill? ( which mortal needs 16rage if speced dauntless and only generate 4 rage )

or does it generate 15 rage and mortal cost 0 rage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    anyone tested http://www.wowhead.com/item=137060 ?

is it like in for the kill? ( which mortal needs 16rage if speced dauntless and only generate 4 rage )

or does it generate 15 rage and mortal cost 0 rage?
    Mortal strike will still cost X amount of rage(depends have you specced 'Dauntless' or not). After using Mortal Strike, you will get 15 rage.

So, MS will need rage to use, just like IFTK.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Mortal strike will still cost X amount of rage(depends have you specced 'Dauntless' or not). After using Mortal Strike, you will get 15 rage.

So, MS will need rage to use, just like IFTK.
    so the legendary hand literally makes mortal strike cost only 5 rage ( without dauntless ), sad would have been awesome if not

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just so sick of the paradoxical Arms design that I've been playing mostly Frost DK for the last few days. I take back what I said about Frost, its actually really well designed and I love how even during AoE, the single target rotation still matters. Frostscythe actually feels like a fucking cleave and Obliterate doesn't become worthless like Slam because it procs Rime Howling Blasts which is your hardest hitting attack by a mile.

Today I'll play Arms and suffer through which awful talent design I'm about to play. Do I want to gimp myself and play a single target build like Overpower/Fevor/Mortal Combo or do I want to fall asleep and play Dauntless/Fevor/In for the Kill?

Maybe I'll be the ultimate masochist today and play Overpower/Rend/Focused Rage so I can have no rage to do anything and just hit MS off cd no matter how many stacks of FR I have. Gotta love those rage starved CS windows especially when CS resets inside that burst window where you have to hit it again for another lame rage starved burst window.

The warrior pvp dream is over imo, warrior will definitely be viable but there is barely any utility to do any really cool plays, decided that I am gonna level a rogue first, they have more cool tools to play around with and can take care of themselves to a certain degree if played well

Will level warrior later when I feel like mashing dmg button, warrior can still be fun but only in short bursts now, needs more intricacy for pvp. Rotation is pretty decent but the toolkit is very underwhelming and bland, only cool thing left is spell reflect.

so the legendary hand literally makes mortal strike cost only 5 rage ( without dauntless ), sad would have been awesome if not
    Yeah it effectively makes MS cost 5 rage, BUT you still need 20 rage to use it, which is a subtle but important different. And it still counts as 20 rage for Tactician.

Deleted
    Its still an amazing legendary , u will probably swimming in rage with those gloves.