Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My comment was to the negative nancy spouting shit in every tread.
    Unfortunately, this is the internet, where everyone can be as negative and mean as they want with no repercussions. I do hate their incessant need to barge into threads like this with seemingly no other purpose than to stir up the pot and piss people off.

Dude, I'm glad to hear you look forward to the expansion. I do as well. After playing beta since it started, I'm super stoked to start bashing in some demon skulls full-time.

Anyone got any leads re: blagging a free week or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Join us without doubt!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post

Tempted to try again though...

Question: Is there any way to blag a free week somewhere as a returning player? Be it, getting a res scroll from a friend, plugging details into a Blizz site somewhere/similar?
    £9 won't kill me either way but... eh, the free week I got at the start of WoD saw about an hours worth of use.
    If you had around 80,000G on your account before you quit, you can resubscribe for a month with gold if you want.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm back for about two weeks now after being gone 4.5 years (not long before MoP) and for the most part it's been good. I like the Garrison more than I thought I would. I'd have to say my largest complaint is the meta-achievement required for flying -- but I can forgive that since it's account wide. Although it seems like it is going to be a while before I get all the dailies I need...

Need to find a new guild, the one I am in is dead -- nearly literally. 2 people logged in besides me in the last 2 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tact View Post
    I'm back for about two weeks now after being gone 4.5 years (not long before MoP) and for the most part it's been good. I like the Garrison more than I thought I would. I'd have to say my largest complaint is the meta-achievement required for flying -- but I can forgive that since it's account wide. Although it seems like it is going to be a while before I get all the dailies I need...

Need to find a new guild, the one I am in is dead -- nearly literally. 2 people logged in besides me in the last 2 years.
    If you mean the apexis dailies for the flying achievement, you can "buy" them from an NPC right outside of your garrison main building.
    It costs only a few garrison resources and they are named after the Achievement, so it's easy to find the ones you need.

@Starxxx: Legion looks promising, wish you to have a blast!

Welcome back!

I also took a long break after Cataclysm, returning just last December. Warlords didn't wear on me as much as some, since I only played it for 6-7 months. I suspect it would be remembered more fondly if everyone had played it for that amount of time.

Like you, I am excited to get in on the ground floor of the next expansion. I have begun raiding again, but it was a slow and awkward process when you're new to fights that everyone else has memorized. It will be nice to feel like I'm as knowledgeable as everyone else going forward.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Ended up going the "buy it with 80k" route. Figured I had no use of the gold if I never bothered playing again so no real loss.
    Is there any use for the garrison come legion? I might go the route of blowing everything on flying otherwise
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2016-07-27 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Welcome back OP!
    Wow is a new game for most of us, but many people are either lementing thier broken class/spec from WoD or being babies about some changes that may or may not have effected them in some way. I for one am extremely excited about the new EVERYTHING, and i'm glad to see more people returning to Azeroth. Don't let anyone on the forums make you feel bad about playing or feeling liket the game is worth it, because everything is worth trying once. (within reason)

Welcome back OP. A couple of things I'd recommend coming into Legion:

- Leveling is better than ever IMO, mostly because the recent patch changed talent trees and most specs get more fun spells at lower levels now. Plus, respeccing is free and can be done on the fly.

- Enjoy the lore! I was like you, I quit Cata and came back a few months ago. Pandaria has wonderful lore - Pandaren, Mantid, Mogu, the lot. The areas are gorgeous and the raids are even better - jump in a Legacy raid group when you can for Siege of Orgrimmar, Throne of Thunder, or Heart of Fear especially.

- Garrisons are a neat gimmick for a week or so, but they're kind of a gold sink. I'd recommend using them to improve your professions but try not to spend too much actual gold on it.

- Although the lore in Draenor is out of whack, the environments/atmosphere are gorgeous. Take some time to dig up the treasures in all the zones - it's a neat way to explore at a slow pace so you can stop to smell the flowers.

- Raiding won't really appeal much IMO, but it's worth checking out Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry, and Hellfire Citadel in LFR.

Welcome back OP! Nice to see some positivity around here.

I do hope they succeed with the "more content patches" throughout legion and such so we can stay entertained. I'm excited to see what they have in store, but I'm a bit skeptical after WoD. Still though, I seriously hope they succeed.