Rushing to get lvls isnt gonna help much and its just pointless haveing a few lvl headstart isnt gonna help consider you need all zones any way

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Oh wow, a 1 day headstart. For what, exactly?
    Negligible gains that wash out by the time competitive raiding/pvping starts thanks to player habits and RNG, apparently.

They're important.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tryhards are why we cant have nice things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Don't think these events are tied to the weekly maintenance. They could simply hit the switch on the weekend or any other day in the week. IIRC the ghoul event back then startet around midnight on my server.
    Mmmph. I take your point. Maybe not. I guess I was thinking so because of Blizz saying DH access globally no later than 9/17 (patch day outside the US). If no patch is necessary though, then I guess it doesn't matter.

I'd actually love it if Blizzard DIDN'T do the obvious thing, and gave no announcement of any sort. What fun are invasions if we're expecting them? Wait until a Thursday night or something at around 8:30pm and unleash a little chaos when nobody is expecting it. I can picture Twitter, Reddit, message boards, etc. lighting up, raids in progress dispersing, etc. That would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I mean, maybe? I feel like that doesn't leave enough time, though. 3 weeks for all of the rest of the prepatch content mathematically can't be the case because there's 4 weekly quests.. and I needn't explain how 4 weekly quests probably can't fit in 3 weeks.

I'd guess it has to start soon. Very soon.
    August 2. This isn't hard nor is it worth getting worked up about - they flat out said they were giving the spec release a couple of weeks to settle. August 2 it will have been two weeks. And August 2 is four weeks away from the Legion release date of August 30, plenty of time to roll through the events sequentially with wait time before the next one, if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Mmmph. I take your point. Maybe not. I guess I was thinking so because of Blizz saying DH access globally no later than 9/17 (patch day outside the US). If no patch is necessary though, then I guess it doesn't matter.

I'd actually love it if Blizzard DIDN'T do the obvious thing, and gave no announcement of any sort. What fun are invasions if we're expecting them? Wait until a Thursday night or something at around 8:30pm and unleash a little chaos when nobody is expecting it. I can picture Twitter, Reddit, message boards, etc. lighting up, raids in progress dispersing, etc. That would be awesome.
    All we need is already in our game files. Demon Hunters, Broken Isles, everything is gated behind a switch on blizzards end. So yeah, might be possible.

I don't remember the LK Event back then that well. But I saw these odd Argent Healers standing around at major points with literally no explanation given. None on my server had a clue what they are there for until someone got infected and cured. I have to say that during those times I wasn't that active on MMO-C or other fan sites. So it might have been announced and I jus didn't notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By the Light I love Combat Allies

<snip>

Paladin
    Lothraxion: Judgment's Gaze
    Lady Liadrin: Blood Vanguard
    Arator the Redeemer (Bodyguard)
    Vindicator Boros (Bodyguard)
    I don't know about the others but Vindicator Boros as a bodyguard is a hot mess. He's fine and it works well enough, but he sure is eager to pull everything within 200 yards with that aoe pull/taunt spell he has.

Invariably he will pull 83 mobs and then as he's dying and I'm cleaning up his mess he says something like "MY WOUNDS!!1" - and I'm all "Don't complain to me, you brought this shit on yourself."

Next 2 weeks will be boring.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    This seems unlikely for a painfully average player with tyrannosaurus arms
    Well, just saying that even tiny T-Rex claws can make it happen if one can manage to get in with a coordinated group!

10+ Year Old Account

so the old site is still there if you want to see the pvp ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I keep wondering if they will ever test legendaries again I don't want to play beta otherwise, prefer to keep some distance so close to it going live.
    Legendaries are in, you can test them. Do few mythics and you will get one.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    I don't know about the others but Vindicator Boros as a bodyguard is a hot mess. He's fine and it works well enough, but he sure is eager to pull everything within 200 yards with that aoe pull/taunt spell he has.

Invariably he will pull 83 mobs and then as he's dying and I'm cleaning up his mess he says something like "MY WOUNDS!!1" - and I'm all "Don't complain to me, you brought this shit on yourself."
    Lmao, thats always fun.

What happened to new beta builds? When was last time they added anything or did any tuning?

10+ Year Old Account
    uh, well naturally as the expansion gets closer to release and there is fewer content that needs to be worked on, there will be fewer patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    What happened to new beta builds? When was last time they added anything or did any tuning?
    The beta is feature complete. The expansion is practically a release candidate already. All that's left is minor changes.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    They wont do new builds, only hotfixes on release.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The beta is feature complete. The expansion is practically a release candidate already. All that's left is minor changes.
    There is still a lot of tuning left to do, unless they are fine with the expansion being a broken mess balance wise at launch.

so the new WoW page says that Illidan is a Night Elf and that Maiev is with the Alliance. isn't this.... well wrong???

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    so the new WoW page says that Illidan is a Night Elf and that Maiev is with the Alliance. isn't this.... well wrong???
    how is illidan not a night elf?

Formerly known as Arafal