10+ Year Old Account

Million Dollar Lottery Winner Headed to Federal Prision over Meth

http://www.walb.com/story/32538136/w...federal-prison

"Music decided to test his luck by sinking millions of dollars of lottery winnings into the purchase and sale of crystal Meth. As a result of his unsound investment strategy, Music now faces decades in a federal prison," said United States Attorney Ed Tarver.

Posting this since he's from my town and with all that money he'd blow it by doing something this stupid. Should have went to Colorado and bought land to grow weed on. XD

That title hurts me.

makes no sense, you dont get legal money to start a drug business... you use drug money to start a legal business, even if you take a loss... dumb fuck got the game backwards.

once you have money plenty of legal ways to make it grow

I often day dream what I would do if I won the lottery. It usually begins with vetting lawyers and financial planners/advisors.

I could understand if he won like 50k and wanted to make a quick flip or two, but when you have millions you can just buy an actual business and be legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like winning the lottery has nothing to do with being intelligent and almost all to do with being lucky!
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    It's almost like winning the lottery has nothing to do with being intelligent and almost all to do with being lucky!
    Well it is basically a tax on the stupid 99% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    I could say he has to...

*dons shades*

face the Music...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    That's correct. It's great for generating revenue for the government, and great for removing money from morons.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Let's say someone found it fun to get a ticket, revel in the fool's hope with winning, and then watch the results live. They don't really expect to win, they just like the whole process. They might even know the math, they just find it enjoyable.

Ignore the fact that you personally don't find it as fun. Let's say they do.

Is that really all that different from playing another non-gambling game?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Post of the year!

You gotta spend money to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I often day dream what I would do if I won the lottery. It usually begins with vetting lawyers and financial planners/advisors.
    Yep. First things I'd do would be to find a good lawyer and a good financial advisor. I guess it's easy for that kind of money to go to your head, but I've heard these stories about people who won the lottery and were broke only a couple of years later because they just blew the money (or didn't understand things like how a $10M mansion requires upkeep, insurance on a Ferrari is not cheap, etc). Buying a $4M house when you only won $5M is not the smartest idea.

I like to think I wouldn't let that happen, and I'd keep living in the same house I'm living in now as well as driving the same car I'm driving now. Maintaining my current lifestyle but without financial stress (and being able to leave my current job) sounds good to me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-07-29 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Is that really all that different from playing another non-gambling game?
    Gambling is a tax on the stupid 99% of the time.