Thread: Drone Delivery

Drone Delivery

How do you guys feel about having Pizza or a book delivered to you by a Drone.?

And I mean delivering a Book or Pizza to your back yard by drone

AMAZON is currently testing Drone delivery.

And Dominoes Pizza has also been testing Pizza delivery by drone...

There are Privacy issues at stake, and would you want someone shooting down your Pizza delivery drone
    and getting a free pizza.

Its Technology of the Future & AMAZON are really Keen on Drone delivery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...livery-drones/

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

It will get rid of a lot of entry level jobs.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    There are Privacy issues at stake, and would you want someone shooting down your Pizza delivery drone
    Would you want someone shooting your pizza delivery guy and getting a free pizza?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Would you want someone shooting your pizza delivery guy and getting a free pizza?
    Some drucken rednecks in the USA would shoot down a drone with a Pizza
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some drucken rednecks in the USA would shoot down a drone with a Pizza
    So the problem is drunken rednecks with a gun, not a drone with a pizza. Fix the former.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I am wondering just how much I am getting over charged for my pizza. Unlike a drone a delivery drive does work inside between runs.

- - - Updated - - -

So the problem is drunken rednecks with a gun, not a drone with a pizza. Fix the former.
    Or in a high crime area like in Chicago.

No they'll shoot down the drone, with a pizza.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Nah, just train the kids to pilot/monitor the drones. It's not hard, all the decent ones are GPS assisted. About as hard as driving a car, maybe easier.

I wouldn't be standing that close to an active drone though, it's like reaching into a lawnmower.

People stealing from drones is about as risky as people stealing from delivery trucks. It will happen, probably a lot when more when drones when are introduced, but be uncommon once drones delivery becomes a normal thing.

The biggest drawback is that most things that a economical drone wouldn't benefit much unless someone can come up with a logistics system that will out door the regular postal service. Leave it to Amazon to come up with that system.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I wouldn't be standing that close to an active drone though, it's like reaching into a lawnmower.
    I guess delivery drones have to be those ones that have protection around the propellers.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Or in a high crime area like in Chicago.

Here is exactly how this is going to play out. Anyone here is free to bookmark this page and reference back to it at some point in future.

Drone service will not be offered in certain areas because costly equipment will keep being damaged. In turn the demographics of these area will scream racism. Thus innovation will be stifled due to lawsuits or similar.

There, I'm the new Ms. Cleo since the old one is dead now.

i see some issues ... besides the one that other people already did mention ( drones being damaged ) there are a lot of places they can not deliver ... like apartments, pretty sure they are not going to deliver to the 2nd floor to the left.

personally i would welcome it tho but there has been talk about doing the same with self-driving cars or small *robots* i can see that work in the close future

*gets SMS* : Your pizza will arrive at the front of your house/parkinglot in 7 mins your code for the door is pizzalover69 press return when you have taken your delivery*

Also ... this might stop the never ending talk about tipping we see here every 2 weeks

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it would be easier to build a trebuchet-kind-of-thing and slingshot pizzas with parachutes....

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think some of you are overestimating how many people could shoot something out of the air. It's not like people have AA cannons in their backyards. Now fucking with it once its floating infront of you that's a different story but I think this would be a cool ass idea tbh.

would love to have stuff delivered by a drone, target practice ftw

Jobs lost and the sky is littered with thousands of these things.

I just can't see it working

How do you guys feel about having Pizza or a book delivered to you by a Drone.?

And I mean delivering a Book or Pizza to your back yard by drone

AMAZON is currently testing Drone delivery.

And Dominoes Pizza has also been testing Pizza delivery by drone...

Its Technology of the Future & AMAZON are really Keen on Drone delivery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...livery-drones/

Yeah, I would totally shoot that thing down if it flew within shotgun range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's good right? People are always saying those jobs don't pay enough anyway.

Deleted
    So the movie Wall-E really did predict the future.

This is just lazy af.

Just set the pizzas to detonate on delivery unless a current code is entered. This would deter thieves.

And for Amazon, I wouldn't let a drone deliver anything more expensive than a shitty domino's pizza.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Just set the pizzas to detonate on delivery unless a current code is entered. This would deter thieves.

And for Amazon, I wouldn't let a drone deliver anything more expensive than a shitty domino's pizza.
    Slightly off topic but, why is everything at Dominos super delicious, EXCEPT the pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Slightly off topic but, why is everything at Dominos super delicious, EXCEPT the pizza?
    The pizza can be good, it just depends on who is making it and how quickly the delivery guy gets it to you.

I've gotten some really outstanding pizza from Dominos and some really bad ones.