Page 8 of 145 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Wait, what? How does a multiplicative 30% increase turn 300% damage into 800% damage? Even if it double dips on the 30% bonus and increases that by 200% as well you get 570% damage, not 800%.
    00:00:40.578 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn 25635
    00:01:34.262 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn *52296*
    00:01:45.717 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn 76906
    00:02:06.365 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn *156890*

No damage buffs or agility buffs of any kind with High Tolerance.

00:01:13.084 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 24914
    00:00:14.500 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *50824*
    00:00:16.584 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 74741
    00:00:20.583 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *152472*
    00:00:32.100 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 224223
    00:00:38.033 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *457415*

No damage buffs or agility buffs of any kind with Blackout Combo.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-07-27 at 02:21 PM.

Tiger Palm has a 30% chance to deal 30% of normal damage and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 1 additional sec.
    So it's actually supposed to be Tiger Palm has a (rank*10%) chance to deal (rank*100)% of normal damage and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 1 additional sec.

So this is the single target + brew relic to aim for. About those, I find Hot Blooded (with BoF-chest) and Potent Kick (with PB waist) the most attracive by margins, but how do people feel about relics in general and stacking which is actually recommended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? How does a multiplicative 30% increase turn 300% damage into 800% damage? Even if it double dips on the 30% bonus and increases that by 200% as well you get 570% damage, not 800%.
    Wowhead shows wrong. It is 300% normal damage (=200% increased) in in game tooltip and practice.

Kind of shows there is something wrong there when the tooltip would say it would hit less (30% of normal damage)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post
    So it's actually supposed to be Tiger Palm has a (rank*10%) chance to deal (rank*100)% of normal damage and reduce the remaining cooldown of your Brews by 1 additional sec.

So this is the single target + brew relic to aim for. About those, I find Hot Blooded (with BoF-chest) and Potent Kick (with PB waist) the most attracive by margins, but how do people feel about relics in general and stacking which is actually recommended?
    First 13 traits are dirt cheap and you get the "dream traits" with those. Increased IsB duration, BoF damage+DR, OD and Face Palm. You get these before you hit level 110 pretty much. So you don't really have to "choose" between these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by meob View Post

well i guess it will be a metter between Hot Blooded, Face Palm and Overflow as it seems those are the most beneficial traits

looking at the mmo-c calculator, there are only epic relics for hot blooded/overflow and asuming epic relics will be most needed, i will go for hot blooded and hope for BoF chest

20% dmg reduction to everything hit by BoF, and BoF CD reset after KS sounds interessting

on the otherhand, going for rare relics and boosting Face Palm would kick KS out of our rotation on (mostly) ST fight

could be some interesting choices. hope there are some good theorycrafter to guide us, until then, i go the more def way instead of dmg with KS>BoF hot blooded

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Wowhead shows wrong. It is 300% normal damage (=200% increased) in in game tooltip and practice.

Kind of shows there is something wrong there when the tooltip would say it would hit less (30% of normal damage)

- - - Updated - - -

First 13 traits are dirt cheap and you get the "dream traits" with those. Increased IsB duration, BoF damage+DR, OD and Face Palm. You get these before you hit level 110 pretty much. So you don't really have to "choose" between these.
    I figured it was a seperate hit for 30% of the damage of the initial hit. 100% per rank is ridiculous. Can you get 1800% damage tiger palms if you shove three relics in there for 600% damage and then combo it with blackout combo for x3?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I m late to realize this fact but why did they change how gift of the Ox to work on attack power now and instead of 25% of your Hp? I see mastery boosts our attack power so this in turn will make healing of Gift of the Ox better the more mastery you have. I can't seem to find the attack value number on my character screen anymore, does anyone know how I can get it back? Want to see if this change is for the better or the worst.

http :/ / www . wowhead .com / spell= 124502/ gift-of-the-ox# changelog
    (again there are spaces in the link as I don't have permission to post links yet)

Also they say in the tool tip that every time you take damage you have a chance to generate an orb I thought it was only when you take damage equal to your amount of Hp in damage it will spawn?

Deleted
    I would definitly go this route for the first 11 traits, but after that it comes a little bit down to preference.

You can go for 3% crit via Gifted student, which is mediocre but you can pick it up instantly.
    You can go for Swift as a coursing river for 30% movement speed but you have to spend 4 points and get hp on the way. (which does btw not count towards the "every 100% hp grant an orb"-threshhold)
    You can go Dark side of the moon for single target tankiness and KS range afterwards.
    You can go overflow for more healing (costs 6 points thou and grants Damage on the way)

Damage wise you can also pick up that one point in the Breath of Fire talent to deal more damage, but it is "just" damage.

With the relic extra perks I would aim for Potent kicks. Hot blooded is also strong, but it is only really better with the BoF-Legendary

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured it was a seperate hit for 30% of the damage of the initial hit. 100% per rank is ridiculous. Can you get 1800% damage tiger palms if you shove three relics in there for 600% damage and then combo it with blackout combo for x3?
    Relic bonus traits seem to only increase the chance. My damage on tooltip at least stayed 300% normal at rank 4 and 5. (Not sure if it was just tooltip though)

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    00:00:40.578 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn 25635
    00:01:34.262 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn *52296*
    00:01:45.717 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn 76906
    00:02:06.365 Tiger Palm Arcanist Tel'arn *156890*

No damage buffs or agility buffs of any kind with High Tolerance.

00:01:13.084 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 24914
    00:00:14.500 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *50824*
    00:00:16.584 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 74741
    00:00:20.583 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *152472*
    00:00:32.100 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag 224223
    00:00:38.033 Tiger Palm Dungeoneer's Training Bag *457415*

No damage buffs or agility buffs of any kind with Blackout Combo.
    Unless you have me on ignore, in which case: lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 999DaZa View Post
    Maybe I m late to realize this fact but why did they change how gift of the Ox to work on attack power now and instead of 25% of your Hp? I see mastery boosts our attack power so this in turn will make healing of Gift of the Ox better the more mastery you have. I can't seem to find the attack value number on my character screen anymore, does anyone know how I can get it back? Want to see if this change is for the better or the worst.

(again there are spaces in the link as I don't have permission to post links yet)

Also they say in the tool tip that every time you take damage you have a chance to generate an orb I thought it was only when you take damage equal to your amount of Hp in damage it will spawn?
    25% HP was changed a very long time ago. Like, alpha. It was changed in build 21287, which is previous to February.

Deleted

GoToX now scales with 750% AP (and versatility healing bonus) So you can use that to get your AP value. There was also an Addon which was featured on the front page at some time but i do not recall the name, that restores some functionality of the old character screen.

The tooltip with the chance is not correct, it does indeed spawn one for every 100% health you loose, but they will probably not change the wording since it would be hard to put that mechanic into a tooltip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Unless you have me on ignore, in which case: lol.
    Maybe you should just be more precise :P (and to be fair your post didn't even answer the question you quoted)

TP alone does 100% damage.
    TP with Facepalm proc does 300% damage (regardless of rank).
    TP with BoC does 300% damage.
    TP with BoC and Facepalm proc does 900% damage (again regardless of rank)

It is 900% since the two 300% values apply multiplicatively (3x3=9).

Quote Originally Posted by Teabelly View Post
    There was also an Addon which was featured on the front page at some time but i do not recall the name, that restores some functionality of the old character screen.

DejaCharacterStats is the name of the Addon and comes in quite handy

Off the current topic, but has anyone else noticed that the Statue is no longer immune to spells, both friendly and hostile? You can heal it now!

7+ Year Old Account
    GoToX now scales with 750% AP (and versatility healing bonus) So you can use that to get your AP value. There was also an Addon which was featured on the front page at some time but i do not recall the name, that restores some functionality of the old character screen.

The tooltip with the chance is not correct, it does indeed spawn one for every 100% health you loose, but they will probably not change the wording since it would be hard to put that mechanic into a tooltip.

Thanks for insight, I didn't think about versatility healing bonus. So mastery now is even more important to our self sustain than ever before the change as provides more dodge & more self healing. Taking all this in, a crit & mastery build might be the best option to go for in terms of the more self reliant play-style I enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    is the name of the Addon and comes in quite handy
    Thanks for this

Deleted
    Then again Mastery in WoD also granted healing for guard and EH as well as more stagger%. As someone in an earlier post pointed out, versatility is actually better than crit and scales way better. Meaning if you are thinking only defensively then versatility is better than crit.
    Mastery on the other hand scales well in the beginning but starts to fall off at specific breakpoints. (For Ref: Spreadsheet)
    Depending on Playstyle Haste is very valuable and scales well but does fall of at about 33.33% due to missalign between BoK and KS.

And yes the statue thing is quite funny, it is very strong in proving-grounds and maybe dungeons but other than that it only destroys the WA
    would be funny if it also picks up orbs that spawn inside of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Then again Mastery in WoD also granted healing for guard and EH as well as more stagger%. As someone in an earlier post pointed out, versatility is actually better than crit and scales way better. Meaning if you are thinking only defensively then versatility is better than crit.
    Mastery on the other hand scales well in the beginning but starts to fall off at specific breakpoints. (For Ref:
    Depending on Playstyle Haste is very valuable and scales well but does fall of at about 33.33% due to missalign between BoK and KS.
    I completely agree that haste is important for certain play-styles. I went to look at that spreadsheet there are a problem I have with his calculations, one being the vers % increase from migration, the original stats it is 10.5% decrease to direct damage taken but in in his calculations it increased to 11.7% from mitigation? However even with that in mind Vers would still win by a small margin.
    Crit I just see having a better self-reliant heal than vers for one you could crit on your orginal Heal from the ox orb and then get another heal through Celestrial Fortune for another 65% of that amount in an ideal scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree that haste is important for certain play-styles. I went to look at that spreadsheet there are a problem I have with his calculations, one being the vers % increase from migration, the original stats it is 10.5% decrease to direct damage taken but in in his calculations it increased to 11.7% from mitigation? However even with that in mind Vers would still win by a small margin.
    Crit I just see having a better self-reliant heal than vers for one you could crit on your orginal Heal from the ox orb and then get another heal through Celestrial Fortune for another 65% of that amount in an ideal scenario.
    On the other hand with Versatility you are certain about the gains. While even with high crit the orb might not crit and not even proc CF.

Man, I'm somewhat adjusting to the new gameplay, although I'm currently terrible about using Blackout Strike on CD and it's killing my damage so I need to work on that.

It's kind of irritating how much more damage I'm taking than our Warrior tank. It's like... 30-50% more damage on some HFC fights. I know level 100 isn't tuned well, but it makes it hard to figure out how well I'm doing. I'm comparing some logs and noticing I'm mostly just failing on a dps front, which is mostly Blackout Strike and Breath of Fire optimization. Just need some weakauras to help out.

And oh god WotLK Timewalking hurts right now. I actually have to roll away sometimes ~_~

I'm so drawn to Hot Blooded with chest legendary because it looks so appealing in total. Fully specced into it or maybe one over to potent kick, you turn a 6% DR with 50% uptime into 10-12% DR with 100% uptime. Between two Keg Smashes, you'll always have that one BoF to pick up more mobs that might've stood unfortunately for the KS.

But about the BoS reduction, how does that one work? It only refers to auto attacks, and 12% less AA damage after each BoS, if the numbers in the db are correct, that's a terrible relic to touch.

To me, anything but Potent Kick / Hot Blooded seems to be a waste in comparison, with facepalm having ST dps novelty value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post

It's kind of irritating how much more damage I'm taking than our Warrior tank. It's like... 30-50% more damage on some HFC fights. I know level 100 isn't tuned well, but it makes it hard to figure out how well I'm doing. I'm comparing some logs and noticing I'm mostly just failing on a dps front, which is mostly Blackout Strike and Breath of Fire optimization. Just need some weakauras to help out.
    Note to self: purified damage is reflected in logs by being damage you didn't take. But it's okay to take a bit more damage if the hots thrown at you can do all the dirty work. They also get amplified by celestial fortune.

I got myself a very not precise WA just so I don't screw up the rota to hard (http://puu.sh/qgBJw/f96c223ebd.jpg), something thrown together.
    Last edited by meob; 2016-07-27 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    50% damage reduction from versatility means you take half the damage. To achiev the same via healing through crit you would need to have 100% crit (doubling the healing) so 50% DR == 100% more healing taken. that is why 10.5% => 11.7%.

However Versatility does also increase Effective health AND is more reliable (guaranteed 5%, instead of 5% chance for 100%)

7+ Year Old Account
    somone got a WA that shows how much damage stager does in % of my health and maybe the amount of stagger and maybe change colors ?